pixeltracker

Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14- Page 2

Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14

Gothampc
#25Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 5:18pm

Roo, LOL at that Youtube clip.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Gothampc
#26Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 5:19pm

As Forbidden Broadway said: It's less miserable than other shows.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#27Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 5:34pm

There are several actresses that could have blown Hathaway's performance right off the screen.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL
a hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
e hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehhehehe

* stops bcoz can't...catch....breath.....*

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#28Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 5:41pm

"There are several actresses that could have blown Hathaway's performance right off the screen."

Name a few. (I'm playing along)

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

SporkGoddess
#29Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 5:46pm

Speaking of Forbidden Broadway, all I kept thinking of during "Bring Him Home" was "God It's High."

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#30Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 5:48pm

Roo that video is incredible!

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#31Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 5:57pm

Roo is my new favorite person.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#32Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 6:00pm

I posted it in the other thread, but his video really cracked me up.

Shared it on Facebook, too!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#32Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 6:04pm

"See I didn't get that. I don't think she sustained the reflection long enough. All the lyrics about "I was young and unafraid, dream made, used, wasted, no ransom to be paid..." should all be reflection.

It's hard to reflect quietly when you sold your hair and teeth, have numerous STDs and some dude just busted a nut in you.

I think she handled the song well.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#33Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 6:12pm

What Bettyboy said.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#34Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 6:38pm

I also think she totally overplayed the beginning of the song and had nowhere to go.

The problem, though, is the context of the song in the film. Moving it after Lovely Ladies makes a lot of sense in the narrative. It just kills the opportunity to do what others have done for years with the song. When the characters sings it after being fired, she has a chance for hope. She could never predict that she'd become a toothless, hairless whore. In the film, the only thing left is death. It's forces the song into a more morose place. Where do you find authentic levity in being a toothless, disease-ridden whore by the docks?

With all of that said, Hathaway did go straight for the tears. I don't know whose fault that is. Hooper's the one who thought a close-up was the right answer in the editing room for every solo (save On My Own and Empty Chairs at Empty Tables), but Hathaway's the one who put in gigantic pauses to cry some more in the middle of words and phrases in the second half of the song. I think there was room to play up the character as trapped in happier time at the beginning that would have made the ending more dynamic. It started at a 10/10 on the severely depressed scale and had nowhere to go when the song turns tragic.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#35Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 7:24pm

The teeth. Those pulled teeth. I couldn't stop thinking about them, how could she?

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Gothampc
#36Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 7:42pm

trentsketch, thank you for your comment. I didn't think about the placement of the song, but you are right. I don't think the song is as effective when it comes after Lovely Ladies.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#37Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 7:44pm

So Goth, who are some of those other actresses who could blow Hathaway off the screen?

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#38Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 7:47pm

I was going to pick that triple threat from SNL but then I remembered that was Anne Hathaway.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#39Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 7:49pm

*munches popcorn and watches/reads from the peanut gallery*

Gothampc
#40Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 7:51pm

"So Goth, who are some of those other actresses who could blow Hathaway off the screen?"

Lea Michele

Sutton Foster

Katharine McPhee

The only actress I like in that list is Sutton Foster, but any one of the three would have known to hold the tears until "But there are dreams that can not be"

There's that musical bridge right before "I had a dream my life would be". That was put in there so Patti LuPone could catch her breath and summon the tears.

SporkGoddess
#41Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 7:59pm

Katharine McPhee? Really?

Gothampc
#42Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 8:02pm

I'm not a McPhee fan, but let's be honest, Fantine sings a power ballad and then dies. McPhee could have handled that.

SporkGoddess
#43Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 8:13pm

Not with those dead eyes of hers, she couldn't.

Gothampc
#44Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 8:15pm

"Not with those dead eyes of hers, she couldn't."

Because a hairless, toothless whore would have vibrant eyes?

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#46Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 8:16pm

The problem with Lea Michele is she looks way too young to play Fantine, even though she's in her mid-twenties. Plus, diva behavior or not, I can't see her doing any of the stuff Hathaway did for the role- the drastic weight loss or haircut. Also, she closes her eyes way too much when she sings. I like my Fantines to keep their eyes open for the majority of their part. :-p

Gothampc
#47Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 8:21pm

No, the problem with Lea Michele is that nobody would pay to drop their anchor in that harbor. Sort of like Barbra in Nuts.

Gothampc
#48Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 8:23pm

"Speaking of Forbidden Broadway, all I kept thinking of during "Bring Him Home" was "God It's High."

I always liked "Rich folks pay twenty bucks a shirt...that has a starving pauper on it."

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#49Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
Posted: 12/30/12 at 8:34pm

I'd like to get my 9 bucks back (went to a matinee)
I think its Mr. Hooper that owes me the 9!
Thought it was so dull. Left after one hour and 15 minutes.
Everyone seemed so ..well. miserable. Even Master of the House
was a downer. I know it was the French Revolution.. but you are telling me no one was happy?? Not even Marie Antoinette eating cake? Or 15 minutes with one of those whores??? And all this for a loaf of bread? Pleae!!!! Get over it. Awful musical. Not since Man of La Mancha.

Videos