pixeltracker

VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?- Page 2

VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#25VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 11:29am

I would love to see Kim Cattrall take over for Sigourney, but isn't she's doing a play in London?

gchris11
#26VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 12:09pm

^^^^ Like this

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#28VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:22pm

What was that about Julie White being so wrong for Masha?

Can't wait to see it.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#29VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:24pm

SO exciting!!!

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#30VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:30pm

I think Julie White will be an amazing Masha. I might have to go back a third time...

mpd4165
#31VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:32pm

I can't even. Thrilling news!

SFFrontRow
#32VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:41pm

I agree with previous posters - Julie White would be such a great Sonia - similar to Kristine Nielsen but different at the same time. But, I could watch Julie White recite the phone book.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#33VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:41pm

I just died and went to gay heaven. Let's be clear. I don't think Julie is WRONG for Masha. (I don't think she's WRONG for anything.) I just think she makes more sense as Sonia. But this is still thrilling. Omg, Kristine and Julie together on stage. Gay gasp!

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#34VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:49pm

I am seeing the show again this upcoming Sunday but now with this news I might have to go for a third time!!! I love this show so much!!!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#35VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 1:54pm

I don't normally go back to see shows so many times, but I've already seen this 3 times and clearly will be going back to see Julie. I'll probably make it up to 5 or 6 by the time it ends its run.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#36VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 2:17pm

I really cannot emphasize enough how fully stoked I am for this. Honestly, seeing Julie White in The Little Dog Laughed remains one of my favorite female comedic performances in recent memory, Kristine Nielsen is another. To see these two onstage together will be nothing short of a theatre DREAM.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#37VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 2:41pm

Julie White!

So excited....just got my tix. Thank you to the patron saints of the theater. So glad I am going to be able to catch this.

751guy Profile Photo
751guy
#38VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 2:49pm

< I want it to be Julie White so badly.>

VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?

The number of people who will not see a show they don't want to see... is unlimited. Oscar Hammerstein

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#39VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/10/13 at 3:08pm

I could watch Julie White recite the phone book.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112114-Julie-White-to-Host-Broadway-Sings-the-Phone-Book-Fundraiser

Slightly irrelevant, I know, but I couldn't resist a chance to remind people of that fun event a few years ago.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#40VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/11/13 at 1:51am

As bjh said, just because the casting turned out to be true doesn't diminish the initial point that White would be way more ideally cast as Sonia. That being said, to echoe the sentiment everyone else has expressed, there's nothing she can't do, so I'm sure she'll be divine.

It's crazy to think that it's been over four years since she's been on stage in New York. Here's hoping her return to the East Coast is a permanent one! As happy as I am that she's worked so consistently out in Los Angeles, her absence from the theater community has been a palpable one.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/11/13 at 01:51 AM

nycmusical
#41VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/11/13 at 11:06am

The best show of the last years.......
tomorrow is my 4th time seeing it.
Love it

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#42VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/11/13 at 11:08am

Technically, this would make Julie White one of the few performers to "appear" in two shows simultaneously (as she is also the voice of Ann Richard's secretary in ANN...provided it stays open until then)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#43VANYA AND SONIA - post TONY extension?
Posted: 6/11/13 at 1:24pm

God, I love Julie White so much, how I wish this stayed open through late September which is the earliest I can get to NY, I had the bad luck of being there in the time that they were transferring to Broadway. Either way, White is going to be so great in this, can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on her performance.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"