pixeltracker

Help me decide which show to see?

Help me decide which show to see?

joshbrown31
#1Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 12:16pm

I'm planning a trip to New York the second week of August, and right now I'm planning on seeing Kinky Boots, First Date, Newsies and Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike.

I have time to see a matinee on 8/11 but I can't decide which show to see. This is a list of all of the shows (broadway & off) that I haven't seen already, that perform at that time, and that I would consider seeing:

Spiderman
The Trip to Bountiful
The Nance (I think it's their closing performance)
Motown
Forever Tango
Jersey Boys
Cuff Me (the Fifty Shades of Grey thing)
Newsical the Musical

I am also considering going to see Pippin again because it was just so fantastic. Thoughts?

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#2Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 12:26pm

Outta those options I'd vote The Nance, especially since you haven't seen it and it's closing...definitely if you are at all a fan of Nathan Lane, who is giving a marvelous performance!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 12:35pm

Bountiful.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

N2N Nate. Profile Photo
N2N Nate.
#3Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 12:35pm

Pippin

So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*

#4Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 12:38pm

Stay in and watch People's Court on channel 5.

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#5Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 1:22pm

Pippin. But, if you really like the music and a fun and energetic atmosphere, Motown. You may have a better chance of getting tickets to it than Pippin

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#6Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 1:24pm

The Nance

broadwaymarty
#7Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:04pm

If you could get in, MATILDA!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:05pm

People's Court. Or Nancy Grace.

jaxandmci Profile Photo
jaxandmci
#9Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/22/13 at 2:33pm

Definitely The Nance.

Bountiful is slight. The movie is much better.

Spider-Man only if you've seen everything else.

Motown only if you can stand 20 hours of Motown music held together by a paper thin plot then played back in 2.5 hours.

Jersey Boys only if you can stand 2.5 hours of Frank Vali/Four Seasons music held together by a paper thin plot then played back in what seems like 20 hours.

Pippin, of course, warrants repeat viewings. I think it, Kinky Boots, and Vanya are the best three shows currently on Broadway.

I can't speak for Forever Tango, Cuff Me nor Newsical.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#10Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/24/13 at 11:39am

Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 - it's closing Sept 1 and it is an amazing show.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#11Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/24/13 at 11:45am

You could get a double feature in. People's Court is on 3-4 and then Judge Judy 4-5.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#12Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/24/13 at 11:55am

In regards to Bountiful, I finally made it around to seeing it last night (the 100th performance cookies they handed out as we were exiting were pretty cool and an unexpected treat) and although I was exceedingly underwhelmed by Cuba, seeing Cicely Tyson's performance was a true delight. The entire scene in the bus station in Harrison was worth the evening alone. Well, the final scene was pretty amazing too. But it all does come down to Cicely Tyson's performance.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/24/13 at 11:58am

If you like Pippin, great, but I'd also encourage you to see something different so you don't miss out! How far out of the city are you?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

artifact11 Profile Photo
artifact11
#14Help me decide which show to see?
Posted: 7/24/13 at 12:16pm

Jennifer Holliday, solely for the It's Over and I Am Telling You experience at the end of Act One.

Videos