Patina in Pippin - how long?

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Clopin73
#1Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/28/13 at 9:29am

Hey theatre experts! Does anyone know how long Patina will be in Pippin? I recently read she was cast in a movie and I have tickets for the show in mid November. Andrea Martin has already left the show and I am really hoping Patina does not exit as well before I see it. Any insight is appreciated. Let me know.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#2Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/28/13 at 9:34am

Patina Miller is not leaving Pippin while filming the movie. But she is Great!!!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#2Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/28/13 at 12:20pm

yea she said on twitter that she's going to be still in pippin

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#3Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/29/13 at 1:04pm

They are all in contract till at least January 2014 expect Andrea Martin obviously. So don't worry your safe!!

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#4Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/29/13 at 7:50pm

^Andrea Martin left last week. She gone. This person is lying to you, OP.

Visceral_Fella
#5Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/29/13 at 7:59pm

She'll probably stay a while. She stayed for a while with Sister Act which was pretty harsh on her voice, and she wanted to stay even longer, but they opted to bring in Raven.

Emmaloucbway
#6Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/29/13 at 9:06pm

@aasjb4ever I think carlodowd meant to say except instead of expect but i don't know.
But yes, you should be safe. She goes on vacation in late October, so she has no planned absences as of now in November.

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#7Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/29/13 at 9:15pm

I heard she extended until March.

jwsel
#8Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/30/13 at 2:29am

When you say she has vacation scheduled for late October, does that mean she is likely to be performing in the second week? I have tickets for October 12.

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#9Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/30/13 at 3:27am

Yes sorry I meant except Andrea Martin. Sorry

Emmaloucbway
#10Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/30/13 at 6:59am

She tweeted a while ago that her vacation starts the 22nd, so you should be fine on the 12th. :)

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#11Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/30/13 at 10:35am

She also wrote on Sept 8 that she'd be back by October 27. That's a pretty short vacation! Perhaps one of us has the start or end date wrong?

(My tickets are for November 2. Obviously hoping to see Patina in the role.)

Queen of the Night
#12Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/30/13 at 11:11am

I wonder how long the other leads will be in the show. I am considering another trip to NY to see it again. But I won't be able to get there until the second week of January. Lots of people say that their contracts are up that month. I'm not sure if Jan 9-11 is too late to catch a lot of the original leads before they leave. Any way to find out for sure?

getatme
#13Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/30/13 at 11:40am

She also wrote on Sept 8 that she'd be back by October 27. That's a pretty short vacation! Perhaps one of us has the start or end date wrong?

It's Tuesday-Sunday, an entire week of shows.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#14Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 9/30/13 at 4:50pm

Yes . . . thanks. I thought it was Sunday to Friday. I must have been looking at September.

mariodelagarza Profile Photo
mariodelagarza
#15Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 1/3/14 at 5:34pm

Does anyone know if Patina is leaving the show soon? I'm planning a trip for next month (february) and I wanna make sure Patina is still going to be on the show. Thanks!

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#16Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 1/3/14 at 10:45pm

They haven’t announced it yet. But since Cinderella announced its new leads, no doubt Pippin will soon follow. However I do think whoever replaces Patina will have to be quite famous and be able to do all the swinging around the stage and dancing that Patina does....Therefore a small net unless the person was training for a while, which it they were changing in January then we would know by now!

Just my thoughts!

adith1801
#17Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 1/5/14 at 1:27am

This is a tough call, but Patina will be filming Mockingjay soon..
so i doubt she'll be there for long..

i saw her doing Xmas Show.. and it was just amazing..

Rumor has it, they're calling in Nicole Scherzinger to replace her.. Patina in Pippin - how long? (

Visceral_Fella
#18Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 1/5/14 at 1:41am

^ That rumor was dispelled a few days ago.

carlodowd Profile Photo
carlodowd
#19Patina in Pippin - how long?
Posted: 1/5/14 at 9:23pm

I’m nearly positive that Patina said on twitter that she wouldn’t be leaving during the filming of Mockingjay.

Videos