Gentleman's Guide Rush

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#25Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/6/14 at 10:07am

Last week was a bad barometer anyway because the weather was so bad, but the Broadway Spotted Rush Report says there were 46 people in line by 9:35am this past weekend (does that mean the average of Saturday and Sunday?), so I do think it's getting busier.

Rush Report: May 4, 2014

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Broadway61004
#26Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/6/14 at 10:50am

Wow, looks like it's really picked up this past week. Does anyone know how many they're giving away at each performance? I know back in the fall they were pretty much giving away as many seats as they had left, but I can't imagine that's the case now.

Hairspray0901
#27Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/6/14 at 2:09pm

I was considering going tomorrow; not sure how reliable the rush report is - what day of the week they check, if they check everyday, etc. Anyone on here go since the tony noms? If so, what time do you think would still be safe?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#28Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/6/14 at 3:11pm

"I know back in the fall they were pretty much giving away as many seats as they had left, but I can't imagine that's the case now."

It is probably still the case, there are just less seats left.

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#29Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/18/14 at 1:07pm

Any updates on rush lines?

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#30Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/18/14 at 1:25pm

I rushed yesterday (Saturday 5/17). Got there at 9:30 with about 20-30 people ahead of me. By 10, there was probably an additional 10 or so people behind me. I got box tickets for the matinee (great view, great show). I think most, if not all, people in line ended up getting tickets.

Hope this helps!

Updated On: 5/18/14 at 01:25 PM

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#31Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/22/14 at 10:25am

Can anyone confirm if you can pay by credit card for rush?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#32Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/22/14 at 10:32am

You can!

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#33Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/22/14 at 10:58am

Awesome, thank you givesmevoice!

TapDanceGal
#34Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 5/26/14 at 7:38pm

I rushed on Saturday and got there ridiculously early at 5:30am. The next person didn't get in line until 7:30am.

topaz_1985
#35Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/8/14 at 12:44pm

I saw they have increased the price of RUSH tickets to $42. Does anyone know if it is still general or student only now?

neonlightsxo
#36Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/8/14 at 1:04pm

It was never general general-- it's 35 and under. And still is.
http://www.agentlemansguidebroadway.com/tickets.php

BeukyBaby
#37Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/8/14 at 6:02pm

Has rush become harder to get with the Tony win? I'm coming to town for a visit next week, and was going to try rushing on a Thursday morning.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#38Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/8/14 at 8:44pm

The only advice I can offer is that they do sellout right in the morning when the box office opens. Due to train times, I can only get in line right at 10 am as they are opening, and they are always sold out of rush tickets by the time I get to the window.

theminutepast
#39Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/9/14 at 6:57am

I'm wondering when the tipping point is for getting in line. It seems like people start lining up around 6 am (according to rush report), so maybe getting there by 7 am would be a safe bet?

Hairspray0901
#40Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/10/14 at 4:02pm

i was wondering the same thing. i wanted to try tomorrow morning but can't get there before 8:30am. if i get there at that time, i have a feeling my chances are very slim. does anyone know how many tickets they give?

BeukyBaby
#41Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/12/14 at 1:21pm

Does anyone have any advice for Sunday morning rush? Do people still start lining up around 6 or 7 for rush when the box office opens at noon? Thanks so much!

theminutepast
#42Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/12/14 at 6:51pm

I hope if anyone on this thread did rush this week, they'll report back on how it was.

Emmaloucbway
#43Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/12/14 at 11:19pm

I rushed on Thursday. Arrived at 6:15 AM and was first in line, except another person arrived literally seconds later. I think there was around 9 people by 7 AM (if I remember correctly), and the line was definitely full by the time the box office opened. They also sold $69 tickets to whoever didn't get a rush ticket.

theminutepast
#44Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/13/14 at 7:37am

Thanks for the info! So it looks like 7 AM is the tipping point for getting rush tickets, if they have 20 tickets, that is.

Copenja2
#45Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/14/14 at 1:56pm

did you have to be under 35 to get the $69 ticket? I really want to see this show, but I am 39 and don't want to pay $150

Emmaloucbway
#46Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/14/14 at 9:39pm

No, you can be over 35 to get a $69 ticket. :)

IndyTheatreGeek
#47Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/15/14 at 1:57am

TKTS had tickets over the weekend (great show on Sunday even if Lisa O'Hare was on vacation.) Maybe the crush of buyers post Tony win is subsiding a bit.

Copenja2
#48Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/17/14 at 11:27pm

Thanks so much!

rh2146
#49Gentleman's Guide Rush
Posted: 7/23/14 at 5:53am

How much are the tickets that they've been selling at TKTS for Gentlemans's Guidd?