Les Mis Revival Rehearsals

RW3
#1Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/14/14 at 11:08pm

I know the cast started rehearsals yesterday. I know that Caissie Levy tweeted about the voices, but does anyone have anything else?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/14/14 at 11:46pm

https://twitter.com/andrewkober/status/423270140755857408

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#2Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 1:10am

How are they able to rehears with two of the cast members (Valjean and Thenardier) finishing up the Toronto run? Do they just not work the scenes that involve them with the realization that they would need next to know rehearsal time since they are already doing the show?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#3Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 9:00am

Winston, that's my question too! I picked up some tickets for next week in Toronto, and the next few Thursday nights until it closes are the only shows that are listed on the productions's ticket website that an understudy will be replacing Ramin. Anyone know how they are working it?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

fashionguru_23
#4Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 9:00am

Oops! Double post. Sorry!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone
Updated On: 1/15/14 at 09:00 AM

Colle
#5Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 1:20pm

I would not know for sure, my guess is perhaps the understudies might fill in for some of the rehearsals.

LizzieCurry
#6Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 1:24pm

LOL https://twitter.com/ChrisMzCarrell/status/423509043307888640

Updated On: 1/15/14 at 01:24 PM

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#7Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 1:41pm

I clicked to see the tweet and it couldn't bring it up. What did it say?

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#8Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 2:15pm

They did ABC Cafe the other day.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#9Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 2:59pm

I think a few of the ensemble members are also missing through this weekend because they're in the Fresno Grand Opera production as well; I know Jason Forbach (Feuilly) and a couple others from the tour are there.

AEA AGMA SM
#10Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 7:57pm

I would imagine they have a good amount of music rehearsal before they even put the cast on their feet.

It's also not unheard of to have understudies and swings standing in while the stars are off doing other projects, especially since the two stars in question will indeed need far fewer rehearsals to put them into the show. They'll be able to be dropped into the show once initial blocking rehearsals are done and be able to start right at the point where everybody else is getting off book and really beginning to find their way in the show.

pittsburghgal89
#11Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/15/14 at 11:59pm

I have received updates on Facebook about the first rehearsal for the Les Mis revival , as well. I actually know someone in the cast from high school!

RW3
#12Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 1:47pm

Ramin. Will. The Confrontation
http://instagram.com/p/jcPKOgC--g/

Mattbrain
#13Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 1:48pm

Well, actually it's the prologue but I'm sure the confrontation'll be great.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

fashionguru_23
#14Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 2:16pm

So, I'm guessing I'm not seeing Ramin in Toronto tomorrow night, despite being told other wise...

thebeautyis3
#15Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 2:37pm

Don't quote me on this, but Ramin's twitter seems to imply that he's flying to and from New York on his off-day (presumably Monday) to rehearse for a day and perform in Toronto the rest of the week. Unless he's sick or his flight is cancelled, I think you'll see him.

RW3
#16Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 2:56pm

Also, it takes about 90 min to fly from Toronto to NYC, so it is completely possible that you will be seeing Ramin tonight.

LizzieCurry
#17Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 3:39pm

Are they sending Will Swenson to Toronto to rehearse with Ramin, and not Ramin to NYC? https://twitter.com/thewillswenson/status/425726554287513600

RW3
#18Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 4:14pm

Dock's scene w/ Ramin and Caissie. Wherever they are...
https://twitter.com/raminkarimloo/status/425736839891546112/photo/1

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#19Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 4:39pm

Could Will Swenson appear any less menacing in that photo?

RW3
#20Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 6:15pm

They are in toronto. Laurence Connor said so on his twitter account.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#21Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/21/14 at 9:44pm

Are they using the 2010 revised version of the show, or a tweaked version incorporating some of the film changes? Hopefully they are not using "Suddenly," but a lot of the film's lyric changes and revised recitatives, especially Gavroche's revised lyrics to "Look Down" and the "Know me as Javert" scene establishing that Javert does not realize the Mayor is Valjean, really improve the storyline.

theminutepast
#22Les Mis Revival Rehearsals
Posted: 1/24/14 at 6:35am

CamMac said something in an interview about how he liked the new placement of "I Dreamed a Dream" and would like to consider moving it in the stage show. Personally I doubt they're going to do that, but I'd be interested to see how they'd make it work.