pixeltracker

X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy- Page 3

X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#50X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 5:10pm

Singer and other crew members were accused of telling underage extras to go completely naked in a shower scene

The ONLY person on the crew who can give direction to extra's is the 1st A.D.
If the director speaks directly to an extra to give direction it moves them from mere "extra" status and ^ their salary/fee. No other crew would give any "direction" to extras.

But Mr. Singers behavior was obvious to anyone who worked on "Xmen" in Toronto. He'd tell all his boyfriend d nuit they'd get a job and the next day they showed @ the studio office for same. Once they realized a0 they were actually expected to work b0 Singer was on to his next- they never lasted. AND since they were on payroll w SIN's and all, their true ages were known- and yes many were at best borderline.
But- as I learned repeatedly- "whatever it takes to get the shot"- or complete the film.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#51X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 5:58pm

This doesn't surprise me. He's always struck me as a creep. He's skeevy.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#52X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 7:27pm

"And statutory rape is rape. However, flying all over the world and having sex with a director on multiple occasions in the hopes of breaking into movies isn't necessarily forcible rape (though still, of course, statutory, if he was underage)."

Regi is absolutely right. But it is possible to find Singer's manipulation of teens disgusting and still find California's 18-year-old age of consent ridiculous.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#53X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 7:59pm

But it is possible to find Singer's manipulation of teens disgusting and still find California's 18-year-old age of consent ridiculous.

This is a little OT but a little not at the same time. I've done some googling and I haven't been able to find the answer. Has California's age of consent is currently 18 but was it always? A friend of mine seems to think that it used to be 16 but was changed within the past ten years. Also, has California ever had a "Romeo & Juliet" clause?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#54X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 8:08pm

Now Singer is counter-suing....oy, the controversy!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#55X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 9:31pm

In regard to the Apt Pupil shower scene, does anyone know what the law actually says about minors appearing nude on film? I know there was an underage actor who appeared nude in the film The Aviator, but then David Kross began filming The Reader and they had to schedule around his birthday and wait to film his nude scene until after his eighteenth birthday. What's the actual law? Was the Apt Pupil scene reshot simply because of the lawsuit or could they legally not use the footage? I'm confused.

Updated On: 4/18/14 at 09:31 PM

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#56X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 9:52pm

He best be careful in this counter-suit. Even if none of these things will be used in court, surely the details and his reputation will be raked over the coals to the tabloids by other parties.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#57X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 10:25pm

Apparently Singer and his sex parties are also featured in an upcoming documentary about sexual abuse in Hollywood.

Link

....but the world goes 'round

FindingNamo
#58X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 10:40pm

All the tabs have to do is read Datalounge. The parties have been discussed there for years.

I'm so thankful to be a gerontophile.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

CATSNYrevival
#59X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 10:45pm

I just googled that. That's a thing?!? OMG.

FindingNamo
#60X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/18/14 at 10:55pm

It's a thing I invented to describe myself and then one of my heroes, Bruce LaBruce, just made a movie by that name.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#61X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/19/14 at 10:12am

Singer's lawyer says that he has credit card receipts, telephone records and production schedules to prove that Singer was in Toronto filming and not in Hawaii with Egan.

This is going to get much uglier.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#62X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/19/14 at 10:32am

Just a brief comment on what Namo brought up: the word gerontophile. I had never heard of it before but I totally get it. I've always been into older men..but as I get older my age preference is narrowing.

Updated On: 4/19/14 at 10:32 AM

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#63X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/19/14 at 9:55pm

P.S. to eris303: I'm not ignoring your questions about California law. I just don't know the answers.

I was 31 when I moved here, not only "married" but way too old to be sleeping with teens, IMO.

CATSNYrevival
#64X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/19/14 at 10:11pm

Is there a word to describe a gay male equivelant to cougar?

AEA AGMA SM
#65X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/20/14 at 2:07am

Wouldn't that be a sugar daddy? Or does the "gifting" associated with sugar daddies and their boys not figure into the cougar lifestyle?

On that line of thinking, do lesbian cougars have a different name than hetero cougars?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#66X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/20/14 at 3:39am

It would just be daddy.

ArtMan
MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#68X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/20/14 at 7:18am

So when's the last time there was this kind of attention on the parties straight male directors have with young girls?

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Liza's Headband
#69X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/20/14 at 9:24am

Very recently, actually. Woody Allen.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#70X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/20/14 at 9:45am

Woody Allen was not accused of hosting parties filled with "barely legal" girls.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FindingNamo
#71X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/20/14 at 10:22am

He was if you rely on false equivalencies in discussions.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#73X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/20/14 at 12:59pm

He lost me with "gays are leaping to his defense."

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#74X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underaged Boy
Posted: 4/20/14 at 11:08pm

P.S. to eris303: I'm not ignoring your questions about California law. I just don't know the answers.

I actually found the answer to one of my questions. In California the age of consent has been 18 since 1913. Still looking regarding "Romeo & Juliet" laws but I'm thinking the answer is no.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".