pixeltracker

Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!- Page 6

Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#125Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/28/14 at 1:27am

"I don't understand it, but oh well I folded and bought a balcony seat for tomorrow."

Seems like you are a perfect example of why they do it, no? They got a few extra bucks out of you to sit in the balcony than stand in the back of the orchestra. There's not that many hardliners who will refuse to pay $49 to sit because they want to pay $32 or whatever it is to stand.

Plus, there are already discounts, so no one has to pay full price for any seats.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#126Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/28/14 at 8:44am

Is there any bway theater that sells SRO even if the show is not sold out? If you live here in NYC, I suggest just going to the lottery since your odds of winning are a lot better now than it was when NPH was there.

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#127Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/28/14 at 10:02am

"Is there any bway theater that sells SRO even if the show is not sold out?"

I bought SRO tickets to Once in May and the performance was not sold out. My friend and I went to the box office about an hour before the show started to see if they happened to have any rush tickets left. They didn't, but gave us the option of either buying ~$90 tickets or $27 SRO tickets. I'm still not sure why that happened, but we were happy about it.

MidnightRadio Profile Photo
MidnightRadio
#128Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/28/14 at 1:42pm

'Is there any bway theater that sells SRO even if the show is not sold out'

Every time I've gotten SRO for Kinky and Matilda, the show hasn't been sold out; generally close enough to sold out.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#129Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:45pm

Ok I didn't know that. The only times I have done SRO is for Book of Mormon back in 2011 and for this show on Aug 16th (yup slept in front of the large eye poster from 11pm-7am) --- and both times the show was sold out. Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!

MidnightRadio --- have fun tonight and enjoy the show!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#130Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:57pm

The few times that BoM wasn't sold out at the time of SRO sales was, I THINK, after the hurricanes and during the polar vortex -- they sold SRO anyway. (And were sold out within that next hour or so.)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MidnightRadio Profile Photo
MidnightRadio
#131Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/30/14 at 1:24am

Thanks Wick3, only saw your message now. Andrew absolutely blew me away, I felt like I was seeing the show for the first time again. He may not have handled or nailed some of the one liners like Neil did, but his new ad libs more than made up for it, specifically the jabs at Gwyneth Paltrow and Margot Kidder. Hysterical! However, he really handled the emotional side of the piece so much better. As much as I adored Neil, it was easier with Andrew to connect with this character, not focusing on the actor beneath it. Whereas with Neil; it was kind of impossible to forget it was Neil. I don't mean it in a mean way, but it was just that way.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#132Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/30/14 at 8:35am

"It was easier with Andrew to connect with this character, not focusing on the actor beneath it. Whereas with Neil; it was kind of impossible to forget it was Neil."

Yes, yes and yes. That was precisely how I felt!!! I love Andrew in the role because he's also a little less 'safe'. I enjoy his performance a great deal

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#133Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/30/14 at 8:44am

I'm glad to hear how much more Rannells is connecting with the character, as that's what was sorely missing with NPH.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#134Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 8/30/14 at 9:05am

Jane-go see him. I really love his performance. It reminds me of my two visits to the Jane. He's really amazing. And it's less about which A-lister is in the role and more about the character.

leezy8242
#135Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 7:30am

I went last night- it was absolutely incredible. Andrew had you emotionally hooked from the very beginning- those long silences where you could've heard a pin drop in the theatre was so amazing. I'm so glad that I was able to see this show and especially with Andrew (and Lena, for that matter, since she is brilliant too!).
Sidenote- I was behind Nikki M. James in the line to get into the Belasco. I kind of thought it was her, but didn't say anything. I saw her and whoever she was with go into the stagedoor after the show and one of the security guards mentioned that she was there. Wish I had said something when I thought it was her!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#136Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 8:40am

Thanks for the headsup, dreaming, maybe I will.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#137Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 10:08am

It's a very different tone, now-and I think it's changed for the better. Here's hoping the producers can maintain that. I love it.

I would love to hear your impressions.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#138Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 11:45am

I'm going to check about my options, lol.

Updated On: 9/1/14 at 11:45 AM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#139Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 1:22pm

I went into this show knowing nothing about it and came out obsessed. Andrew is spectacular. Such a moving, beautiful performance. I can't wait to go back!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#140Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 1:35pm

I may wait before I get a ticket for Andrew in case they announce the next Hedwig this week.

Updated On: 9/1/14 at 01:35 PM

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#141Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 2:13pm

^They're announcing the new Hedwig this week?! How do you know?

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#142Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 3:24pm

My parrot told me.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#143Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 3:27pm

^Was it one of those African Greys?

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#144Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 3:28pm

yes, I have an african grey. My baby Jezebel!

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#145Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 3:31pm

How adorable Jane! :)

In other words, I'm glad that Rannells is bringing something new to the table when it comes to HEDWIG; I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#146Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 4:51pm

I haven't heard any negative reviews of Andrew. Only raves.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#147Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 8:39pm

I revisited the show this weekend and I enjoyed myself a lot. Rannells sings the role better then NPH did and acts the role really well. His Hedwig is much more emotional and vulnerable then NPH's portrayal. He still performed the role with a lot of energy, but it didn't strike me as being as frantic as NPH. It seemed like everything NPH did in the show was very urgent and very big. With Rannells, it felt big, but not as urgent.

I loved Rannells's version of Wicked Little Town and that song's reprise. It sounded GREAT. Something about the way he sang the, "Maybe there's nothing up in the sky but air" line gave me goosebumps. The crowd was very responsive throughout the show very much for the show and not just Hedwig.

It's not the NPH Hedwig, but it's still very well done. It's different. Andrew is playing the role emotionally and it's nice to see him connecting with role in a way different then how NPH did.

Tking0012
#148Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!
Posted: 9/1/14 at 8:42pm

Anyone know the code for $37 orchestra seats?

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114