pixeltracker

"The Curious Incident..." Previews- Page 4

"The Curious Incident..." Previews

jpiedrafite
#75curious incident previews
Posted: 9/11/14 at 6:31pm

I was thinking the same thing about seating. Have two pairs of tickets for this Saturday (bought a pair, then received a pair as a gift); one is center mezzanine row D, the other is orchestra row H, seats 2 and 4. Any suggestions on which to keep and which to try and sell?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#76curious incident previews
Posted: 9/11/14 at 6:39pm

Hope to see this production. Saw a screening of the original. I fell in love with the "Incidental" music and purchased it online.

Just give the world Love.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#77curious incident previews
Posted: 9/11/14 at 7:54pm

That music is available online!?

iluvtheatertrash
#78curious incident previews
Posted: 9/11/14 at 11:36pm

To put into words just how exquisite this is would be difficult. This is easily the most exciting production of a play I've ever seen in my life. I didn't want it to end.

Alex Sharp is breathtaking and magnificent and his performance (along with the story of how he got here) will certainly go down in the history books.

I look forward to seeing this again and again and again in the coming months. Extraordinary, beautiful theatre. And astonishing to think this was only the second preview....

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

iluvtheatertrash
#79curious incident previews
Posted: 9/11/14 at 11:37pm

And for those asking, I was in Row D of Rear Mezzanine. I was worried about hearing as I have some problems with that, especially in that theatre. But I heard every syllable beautifully. The view was also quite stunning. A friend in the orchestra alerted me to some better seats at intermission and I happily moved down. I enjoyed getting both view-points, though.

This is definitely one to see from the front mezzanine.

iluvtheatertrash
#80curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:07am

Did anyone stay after the curtain call to see if Christopher came back and did the monologue? I waited a bit but it didn't seem as if anything else would happen...

getatme
#81curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:09am

I waited for a few minutes as well but he didn't come out. I wonder if maybe after opening they'll start doing it? When I saw the screening I thought it was a really fun way to cap off the show.

Skip2 Profile Photo
Skip2
#82Loved February House too, Whizzer et al
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:17am

Can't wait to hear the music again. Why didn't it transfer?

TrChSpHa
#83curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:18am

I stayed after the curtain call as well, since it's my favorite scene in the play -- especially with the incidental theme music -- but nothing happened. Then the ushers started asking us to make our way to the exits.

I'll definitely be going back to see this though, hopefully the scene is back in the show by then.

And to echo someone's earlier post, the partial obstruction in the rush box seats barely affected my enjoyment of the evening.

TrChSpHa
#84curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:22am

TamsBway, I got to the theatre at around 11:30 this morning to get rush tickets.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#85curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:33am

Why did we think there was a monologue after the curtain call?

getatme
#86curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:44am

SPOILER (kind of)

Near the end of the play, Christopher is taking his math A-level exam and he begins talking about a math problem he loved solving. His teacher, Siobhan, tells him no one going to see a play wants to hear about how a math problem is solved. But she tells him maybe after curtain call he can come back out after everyone who wants to leave has left and tell the remaining audience members how he solved the problem. In the screening of the National production, Christopher comes out and does just that and it has a pretty big finish.

It's just a fun moment.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#87curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:45am

Where can I find this music?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#88curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:55am

Interesting. I wonder if that was always part of the show or something just special for the screening? Seems like a cool thing to add, honestly.

iluvtheatertrash
#89curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 12:58am

It's not just for the screening. I know about it not because I've seen it (I didn't), but because it's in the script. And from what I understand, was performed that way in London.

Can anyone ask an usher about it when they go? Maybe they'll start soon...

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#90curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 1:22am

link to buy the incidental music

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
mjohnson2
#91curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 1:24am

It really isn't very pretty though when listening to it alone.

Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#92curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:40am

I'm guessing that they were concentrating on the meat of the show, and will end up putting the final monologue in during previews, when they have the time to make ure its up to snuff.

Cant wait to see this. Its really shaping up to be a great autumn!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

cryan71
#93curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:45am

the post scene is being added. I talked to one of the producers afterwards and they just didn't have time before the first preview to add.

Oh, I had the first rush ticket and it was the stage right box seats -- saw pretty much everything including a stellar view of all the projections. And cast member did come into our box to do scene. The box had a platform in it for the performer to stand on.

cryan71
#94curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:45am

the post scene is being added. I talked to one of the producers afterwards and they just didn't have time before the first preview to add.

Oh, I had the first rush ticket and it was the stage right box seats -- saw pretty much everything including a stellar view of all the projections. And cast member did come into our box to do scene. The box had a platform in it for the performer to stand on.

Lord Adalbert
#95curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 6:47am

I hate plays/musicals with disabled people succeeding their disability without havint to make sarcarifces does not happen in real life so why should it happen in a play? I have a job and do uni but I think I had to make many scarifices. I am disabled BTW

Updated On: 9/12/14 at 06:47 AM

DressedInYourPajamas
#96curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 7:14am

Has anyone sat in the $27 seats in the rear mezz? How's the view?

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#97curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 7:33am

I had a $27 seat and I thought the view was perfect. Great way to see the show.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#98curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 7:43am

I noticed that the front row (BB?) is regular priced ($129) for performances when we'll next be in NYC, but the second row (A) is special priced at $197. Any reason not to sit in the front row like a high stage or certain effects?

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#99curious incident previews
Posted: 9/12/14 at 4:52pm

Oh. I note a comment about Sharp having an "alternate". Does that mean that's probably whom I'll be seeing at a Wed. matinee -- November 5?