pixeltracker

Carol Burnett In Love Letters- Page 2

Carol Burnett In Love Letters

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#25Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/14/14 at 9:25pm

Whizzer-Did you rush? I was just wondering as I am planning on rushing it to see this cast.

Thanks!

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#26Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/14/14 at 9:36pm

No, I went on tdf. There were rows and rows of empty seats though, so depending on the rush policy I can't imagine them not wanting to sell anybody a ticket!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

dave1606
#27Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/14/14 at 10:11pm

I loved the show tonight. I thought Mia was wonderful, but Carol has a few tricks in her bag, that she utilized to wonderful effect tonight.

My favorite thing about Carol was her eye contact and connection with the audience. She looked up far more than Mia did, and you really got the impression of her reaction to Andrew's letters.

Her humor was totally different than Mia's as well, but in an equally wonderful way. Line's like: Greetings from Reno were hysterical.

She and Dennehy had a great chemistry and you really did get the impression that they were old friends writing to each other.

It was a true delight to see Burnett onstage. If you are a fan of hers, then you can't miss it.

Rainbowhigh23
#28Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/14/14 at 10:16pm

I am so going to rush this. I saw Mia and was bored out of my skull. I'm glad that Carol is bringing life to the part.

Btw, does she tug on her ear when she does curtain call?

dave1606
#29Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/14/14 at 10:20pm

@rainbowhigh She does indeed!

FindingNamo
#30Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/14/14 at 10:46pm

"I have yet to figure out what the appropriate way is for an actor to leave a show and not sign."

Helicopter on the roof, obis.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#31Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 12:02am

Way too sneaky, FindingNamo! Obviously, the only way to give a thoroughly great performance is to have dinner with each fan at the stagedoor and take pictures after each course.
Whizzer, thanks for the (stagedoor experience-free) review, nice that Burnett is doing such fantastic work.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Broadwayhunk Profile Photo
Broadwayhunk
#32Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 3:37am

My, my, such a vicious attack against an esteemed performer who has stood the test of time. I'm quite sure that someone exiting from the front door of a theater would never be described as sneaking around, especially since she may have well had other engagements to attend. You see, people like you who jump on any behavior without waiting to consider that there may be valid reasons for such behavior, are the bane of our existence today. Anonymous trolls in comments sections are the absolute worst when trying to create trouble for our wonderful stars. Miss Burnett has had experience dealing with such mean remarks and slander, and has sued the perpetrators - although in this case, your careless ruminations hardly rise to that level - they are just rude and callous.

billis2
#33Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 6:42am

You guys are being kind of harsh about the use of the word "sneak." "Sneaking out" just means to try to leave without anyone noticing. Although it often has a negative connotation, it doesn't have to have one.

amoni2 Profile Photo
amoni2
#34Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 7:12am

"I have yet to figure out what the appropriate way is for an actor to leave a show and not sign."

Ask Boy George. He was more elusive than the Phantom Of The Opera. No one I know ever saw him come and go.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#35Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 7:24am

Ducking into the back door of Angus' worked well for Nathan, if I recall.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#36Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 10:29am

Glad (but not surprised) to hear she's so good, Whizzer!

I had no interest in seeing it with Mia, but now I'm tempted to see it with Carol.

Oh--and mattmarkowski99: Carol Burnett has probably signed more autographs in her lifetime than you could possibly imagine. Your purchase of a ticket allows you to place your ass on a seat for the duration of a single performance. It does not ENTITLE you to an autograph or anything else.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#37Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 11:46am

The guy used the word Sneak- SO WHAT!! The word doesn't have to have a negative meaning unless you make it one. I don't think the guy was saying that it was bad or knocking her for not signing, just saying that she left as to avoid signing because a lot of people who would plan on waiting after the show would know not to expect anything.

Darreyl with an L!

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#38Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 11:56am

"Autograph fiends, they're not people. Those are little beasts that run around in packs like coyotes...They're nobody's fans. They're juvenile delinquents, they're mental defectives, and nobody's audience."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#39Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 12:40pm

There is nothing negative about the word sneak, or in anything Carol is doing.

The part that struck me as odd was that the goal seemed to be instructive to autograph seekers that Carol doesn't sign "unless you catch her sneaking out of the front door into her car."

I'm more of the school of thought that if she doesn't want to sign, that is when people are meant to leave her alone, rather than come up with alternative placement to catch her against her will.

No one would have said anything if the post just mentioned that Carol doesn't come out the stage door or sign anything.

WhizzerMarvin
#40Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 12:50pm

All morning at work I've been listening to "Lila Tremaine" and "Go Home Train." She truly is a singular talent, and the more I think about last night's performance the more I loved it.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#41Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 1:01pm

Whizzer-who did you prefer, Carol Burnett or Mia Farrow? (I have yet to see Ms. Burnett, but I'm in the camp that ADORED Mia Farrow.)

WhizzerMarvin
#42Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 1:04pm

It's a tough called. I admired Farrow's performance greatly, but I think the slight edge goes to Burnett. I cried last night and didn't the first time around and was because of Burnett's heartbreaking final moments during Andy's last letter.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#43Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 1:06pm

Ok, fair enough. (I have every intention of catching Burnett. I just felt like Farrow captured the fragility as well as the range of emotions so very well. I can imagine Burnett in the role, but Farrow had me a weeping mess. I'll be interested to see Burnett's take.)

Thanks for the feedback!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#44Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 1:11pm

I was planning to catch Alan Alda in this, but all the Carol love is making me curious to see her. The abundance of empty seats/rush options certainly help.

BroadwayFan1231
#45Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 2:34pm

They updated the general rush policy. It's now:

General Rush
Available for every performance beginning when the box office opens ending at curtain.
Cost: $37 per ticket, cash or credit.
2 tickets max per person.
Limited availability.

Love Letters Broadway Ticket Info

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#46Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 7:41pm

Her not coming out of the stage door didn't not change my opinion of the show at all. I wasn't mad that she left through the front door and that she didn't sign. I'm not holding a grudge against her and I am not implying that she needs to sign. I'm not trying to trash her and I'm not trying to make others hate her. I thought it was a great performance and her and Brian Dennehy have such great chemistry. I'm sorry that I said that she snuck out and I'm sorry that I was telling people where to go if they wanted her autograph. I don't get why you all are making such a big deal about ONE word. Its not like I cursed her off and said the show was horrible or that she was the worst human being in the world for not coming out of the stage door and not signing. I just said that she snuck out. I don't know where from that you all thought I was making a demand for her to come out and sign. I respect her privacy and that she didn't want to sign. I don't care that I didn't get her autograph. So what if I put in where she left in my review. It didn't hinder it at all. I liked the show because it was great and fun. The performances were wonderful. And yes she did leave through the front door. I just can't believe that you people will stomp a review to the dust just because someone said that they didn't come out of the stage door, even if it didn't hinder their review. It was just a little added information. Just settle down!

Updated On: 10/15/14 at 07:41 PM

ArtMan
#47Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 9:00pm

Matt, You did nothing wrong. Ignore it.

Updated On: 10/15/14 at 09:00 PM

Rainbowhigh23
#48Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/15/14 at 11:12pm

I waited at the front tonight and Carol came out very quickly, smiled and said good night to everyone as she got into her SUV. The security person asked us to move back and that it was likely she wouldn't sign. She was very sweet to everyone.

Rosie O'Donnell was in attendance, too. I stood by her SUV thinking it was Carol's.

Updated On: 10/15/14 at 11:12 PM

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#49Carol Burnett In Love Letters
Posted: 10/18/14 at 4:47pm

Has anybody rushed since Carol joined the cast?

I'm planning on trying tomorrow and any input would be tremendously appreciated!