pixeltracker

PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January- Page 4

PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#75PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/5/14 at 2:44pm

Charlotte is the only thing that would get me to see Chicago in the first place. Don;t get me wrong, I love the show. But from what I have heard about it lately, I wouldn't bother unless someone special joined the cast.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#76PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/5/14 at 2:53pm

"But from what I have heard about it lately,". You have heard a lot of baloney. The show right now is in great shape. I stay away from it because I work with these people and really don't need to see it again. The job all the supervisors have done in maintaining the quality of this show is truly amazing.

Rainbowhigh23
#77PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/8/14 at 3:35pm

I saw the show last night from a rush seat in Row D that I know people camped out for back when the show opened! The show is in great shape and despite the audience not being as on fire as much as it was for previews, I saw no difference in the production other than new players. Carly and Josh were fine.

After binge watching The Lucy Show last week it was a treat to see Lucie Arnaz in person. She looked and sounded great and was a fine Berthe. The audience of mostly tourists did not sing very much during No Time At All, though, which sounded weird. The memory of the sing-along with Andrea Martin last year for the cast album is indelible now, so when I don't hear hundreds of people singing that part in harmony it drives me nuts! Other than that, the show is worth seeing again before closing.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#78PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/8/14 at 4:18pm

Did she try to get people to sing with her?

Rainbowhigh23
#79PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/8/14 at 8:06pm

^ Yes, she did. She made lots of eye contact and smiled at people, it was all very warm. I think the majority of the people weren't familiar with the song and were afraid to sing, but they warmed up and by the third chorus there was more singing. But not like in previews when we blew the roof off.

Updated On: 11/9/14 at 08:06 PM

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#80PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/9/14 at 5:31pm

An excellent interview with Josh Kaufman-comes across as a very grounded, sensible young man and makes you re-think about TV singing contests.
Especially interesting was the journey to the stage of Pippin.
Hope this visually unappealing[to so many on here] young man enjoys great success wherever he chooses.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#81PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/9/14 at 10:30pm

so no word on who's playing Berthe starting this Tuesday??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#82PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/9/14 at 10:44pm

Priscilla is returning!

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#83PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/20/14 at 10:13am

Does anyone know if Priscilla Lopez is staying until the show closes in January? I'm seeing it Dec 29 and it would be great to see Priscilla.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#84PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/20/14 at 12:05pm

I was wondering that too!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#85PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/20/14 at 5:06pm

Unless Andrea Martin comes in to close the show, I don't think the producers will bother with bringing in someone as Berthe for the final weeks. It's pretty much a guarantee that Lopez is closing the show as Berthe.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#86PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/20/14 at 5:13pm

I'm taking a final dip in to Pippin on December 3, so will be curious to see what the new cast is like, since I haven't been back since the OBC.

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#87PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/20/14 at 5:23pm

Having seen Tovah Feldshuh in December last year and Annie Potts in April, if Andrea Martin returns to close the show, I'd be in heaven. But if it's Priscilla, I'd still be VERY happy.

brdway411
#88PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/20/14 at 5:37pm

I went opening night and many times since. Was planning on going to the closing, but not with Josh as Pippin.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#89PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/20/14 at 5:50pm

Well Josh is closing the show, soooooooo

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#90PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/21/14 at 2:21pm

I saw the show last night and thought Josh was very good. Not the strongest singer but I still enjoyed his performance. He's not embarrassing himself up there, and his performance isn't detrimental to the production, so really, I don't understand the big brouhaha.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#91PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/21/14 at 2:38pm

the big deal is that HE UGLY! :) its funny that you say he's not the strongest singer considering he won the voice haha. The music is just probably not the type of singing he's good at

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#92PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/21/14 at 3:27pm

I thought that too, Phillpinto but maybe he's better suited to sing pop and not showtunes. I've never watched The Voice so I'm not familiar with his other work. He's not bad by any means though.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#93PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/21/14 at 3:35pm

Yea I'm not the biggest fan of his voice either especially not singing showtunes

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#94PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/21/14 at 3:40pm

KDM wasn't the best singer in the world, but at least he was HOT HOT HOT.

Lon Chaney
#95PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/21/14 at 6:48pm

Have any of the keys been lowered for Josh? Pippin has some high stuff and I would imagine it would be somewhat difficult for someone not extensively trained in musical theater.

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#96PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/23/14 at 5:39am

From what I've seen of him, I think Josh is cute! Id certainly go see him & wouldn't have minded seeing him on the tour, but I love KDM.

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#97PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/28/14 at 9:49am

"the big deal is that HE UGLY! :)"

I think your ugliness is starting to show also...

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#98PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/28/14 at 11:18am

I saw him in that BWW video clip of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day performance (indoor). He had an adequate voice...not fantastic, but a basic sounding voice. He does however...look very homely. He does have a resemblance between Johnny Whitaker and Mr. MaGoo.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#99PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/28/14 at 11:22am

"Have any of the keys been lowered for Josh? Pippin has some high stuff and I would imagine it would be somewhat difficult for someone not extensively trained in musical theater."

He is a singer, no?! I mean, does one need extensive musical theater training to hit certain notes that would be different from how one would train as a singer outside of theater to hit the same note?