pixeltracker

Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE- Page 2

Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#25Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 2:51pm

So, if history is any sort of guide, if he's considered wrong for the role now... if it transfers to Broadway and he's not in it, everyone will freak out that he was replaced and mention how great he was?

Wildcard
#26Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 2:51pm

Neither was Lea Salonga as WASPy Mother in Ragtime. Yet she was amazing

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#27Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 2:53pm

I like Jeremy Jordan and think he's talented but he's so wrong for this. I can think of at least 5 other people off the top of my head who I would have been thrilled and excited to see. I'm sure he'll sound great, but his casting seems strange, especially next to the rest of the casting they've done for this that's legitimately excellent.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#28Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 2:58pm

Sorry 'bout it, Carlita.

I'm sort of shocked by everyone proclaiming him terribly wrong for the part. I think he's a pretty solid actor. Does anyone care to go into why they think he's wrong for it?

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#29Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 2:59pm

Jeremy Jordan is an unexpected choice, but I'm sure he'll be terrific. It is a little awkward to have Ramin in such a small role when he would be just as good as Jordan.

I need recordings of this show so badly.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 2:59pm

How many people have or were going to buy tickets if someone else were cast, though? I mean, opinions don't matter all that much unless you have some skin in the game... (no disrespect, CarlosAlberto)

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#31Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:00pm

@SoRJ: Don't you EVER address me as Carlita.

@haterobics: No offense taken.

SonofRobbieJ
#32Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:05pm

I'm so sorry, Carmella! Forgive me!

neonlightsxo
#33Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:10pm

SonofRobbieJ, I did go into it, but I'll say again: type. Jeremy is kind of a boy band-handsome that is not what Leo Frank is supposed to be.

cknick
#34Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:11pm

SonofRobbieJ, I agree he's a solid actor and an all around talented guy at that!

I know it's a concert production, and that's a valid point.

I don't think he's a good match for Benanti who comes off as so mature and elegant. As you imagine Lucille would. I think Jordan is too young for her, or I should say he might read too young next to her. I'm not saying she's old...I'm trying to speak to her presence onstage.

He will sing it well, I agree with that...and probably act it pretty well, too. Either way, I'm excited for it. Great show, great score. That won't change.

CarlosAlberto
#35Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:13pm

Oh for crap's sake. What about this being a concert don't you people get?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#36Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:14pm

Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE

Not like Leo was fugly or anything...

cknick
#37Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:14pm

Carlos, what about my post didn't you get? Is Jeremy your boyfriend or something?

CarlosAlberto
#38Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:16pm

That wasn't directed at you cknick.

No he's not my boyfriend. He's my side piece.

Updated On: 12/16/14 at 03:16 PM

cknick
#39Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:17pm

^ Nice!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#40Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE

Why won't you commit to him? Or would he not commit to you?

CarlosAlberto
#41Jeremy Jordan playing Leo in PARADE

It's complicated.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#42Any $50 tickets?
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:25pm

I hunted all over and didn't see any $50 tickets. Does anyone happen to know if they're sold out already? I see the color that they're supposed to me in the key, but not on the seating chart.

SonofRobbieJ
#43Any $50 tickets?
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:32pm

I would argue that Jordan is rather perfectly cast and Benanti is not. She's always read older. And she's gorgeous and glamorous...two things Lucille Frank was not. I don't even think her vocals are particularly right for Lucille. I say this as someone who really enjoys Benanti.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#44Any $50 tickets?
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:33pm

Yeah, the 50 dollar seats have been gone for awhile. Great casting all around, I cannot WAIT to see this!!

Back Row
#45Any $50 tickets?
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:39pm

Jordan is half Jewish, slight of build, probably below average height, and he wears glasses when he's not performing. So what's the problem here?

SonofRobbieJ
#46Any $50 tickets?
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:41pm

He also has a (very slight) off-putting quality about him at times that will serve the role well. Brent Carver really was able to add an element of creepiness that allowed people to question Frank's innocence through some of the show.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#47Any $50 tickets?
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:41pm

"Have you learned nothing from Bryn Terfel, Kad?"

At least Jordan can act better than that slightly used wax mannequin of Meatloaf.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#48Any $50 tickets?
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:46pm

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#49Any $50 tickets?
Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:48pm

Count me as someone who thinks he's wrong for it. I actually think he's wrong for it vocally. His voice is too shouty/whiny/whatever you want to call it. Leo is written for rich tones, which isn't exactly Jeremy Jordan's style. Give me some Stephen Pasquale here.