pixeltracker

"Into the Woods" separatists thread- Page 2

"Into the Woods" separatists thread

Consistency
#25ITW
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:00pm

Wait, Rex Reed is still around? He already seemed like a relic in the 1970s. (Kind of like...)

Tbh, I find his comments on "Mr. Turner" more ridiculous than anything else on that page - but that's probably just because the "long-winded, critically overpraised" Mike Leigh is one of my favorite directors.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#26ITW
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:22pm

Team Mysterious Separatists!

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#27ITW
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:34pm

You guys trying to solve the mystery of A8, it's like one of the deleted episodes of SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU? where the Mystery Inc. Gang figure out who is running the world to go all haywire (ala Illuminati).

This is why I love the forums.

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#28ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 4:22am

I already had made a thread just for the reviews. Is there a way to merge this thread with that one or do you just want to use that one or just use this one? Here it is:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1078646&dt=3

What did Rex Reed mean when he said Cinderella's Prince turns out to be "a heel"? I looked up the word heel and found no other meanings than the back of a foot.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#29ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 6:08am

Talk about redundant and convoluted and completely unnecessary!

And to answer your question: No, the threads cannot be merged into one. It's already been made clear by many on this board that they have no interest in another thread and are perfectly happy to continue posting their thoughts on anything pertaining to the film there, regardless of the thread's original title "Into The Woods Movie Cast".

In case you didn't notice, this thread was created by the original poster to mock those of you who continually request a separate thread.

And here my dear friend is the definition of the word HEEL you were looking for:

heel noun [C] (PERSON)

a person who treats other people badly and unfairly:

I felt like a real heel when I saw how upset she was.

Updated On: 12/18/14 at 06:08 AM

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#30ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 7:05am

Let's keep it clean, folks.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#31ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 9:59am

"Fairy tales do have happy endings, despite what Mr. Sondheim might say to the contrary. And there is something wrong with any dramatized fairy tale set to music if, when you go away, the score is so forgettable that there’s nothing to hum but the beanstalk."

Just the holiday image we've all been craving. Rex Reed giving a beanstalk a hummer.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#32ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 10:27am

What did Rex Reed mean when he said Cinderella's Prince turns out to be "a heel"? I looked up the word heel and found no other meanings than the back of a foot.

Yikes.

themysteriousgrowl
#33ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 10:31am

Here's the review thread, guys

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1078646&dt=3

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#34ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 10:38am

Are Daisy and Violet allowed to join this thread?

How about Bette and Dot?

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#35ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 10:40am

I looked up the word heel and found no other meanings than the back of a foot.

Did you only look in an anatomy textbook?

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#36ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 3:47pm

So the turning point in A8s life was when his role as Myron in Myra Breckinridge didn't turn into a career? Makes sense...

And yes his Mr Turner review sounds particularly A8ish. " With this slow-moving film as evidence—the weirdly overrated equivalent to watching a mud puddle dry—there was nothing remotely interesting about anything he did in life that is worth making a two-hour-plus movie about. Mr. Spall, winner of the Cannes and New York Film Critics Circle best-actor awards, does his best to bring an unpleasant character to life—grunting and snorting like a boar ready to charge, spitting on his canvases and dragging around with a constant wince like a fat baby with colic. With all due respect, he’s too repulsive to watch for 150 minutes."

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#37ITW
Posted: 12/18/14 at 4:16pm

ITW

Hey gang, Eric solved the mystery of A8!

themysteriousgrowl
#38ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 9:16am

NY Daily News is mostly positive, GUYS

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/woods-movie-review-article-1.2050512

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#39ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 9:51am

What does one have to do to join the ITW Separatists' movement?

Updated On: 12/19/14 at 09:51 AM

themysteriousgrowl
#40ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:10am

You just did it, PJ.

CarlosAlberto
#41ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:36am

Here's the "I want to bitch and moan about BroadwayWorld.com's review" thread. It's lonely...no replies. ITW

THE HARDER YOU CLICK THE BETTER IT FEELS Updated On: 12/19/14 at 10:36 AM

themysteriousgrowl
#42ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:43am

That's SO ITW

themysteriousgrowl
#43ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:44am

I agree with Edelstein about as often as not, but this is a very nice review

http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/movie-review-into-the-woods.html

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#44ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:47am

This movement needs a theme song.

themysteriousgrowl
#45ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 10:48am

I vote either "No One is Alone" or, if we want to be cheeky, "Your Fault."

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#46ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 11:28am

Separatist's March

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 12/19/14 at 11:28 AM

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#47ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 11:46am

Wow... some snarky bitchez. ITW

Let's DO keep it one thread, since someone who wants to read current reviews should automatically know to hit up a thread that was started two years ago, is titled Into The Woods Movie Cast and begins with screeds about Meryl Streep not being able to sing the score. Makes sense.

Why the anger about this?

(And PS: hasn't the trend on BWW with new shows been to always have a "reviews" thread once the show hits opening night and press reviews get filed? Why is that such heresy with a movie adaptation?) Updated On: 12/19/14 at 11:46 AM

CarlosAlberto
#48ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:00pm

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. ~ Maya Angelou

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Updated On: 12/19/14 at 12:00 PM

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#49ITW
Posted: 12/19/14 at 12:03pm

Oh good lord...

"... the wisdom not to taunt the BWW gestapo." Updated On: 12/19/14 at 12:03 PM