pixeltracker

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway- Page 41

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#1000HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:06pm

Liza, all I ever see you do is bitch. If you're not going to contribute to the conversation about theatre, whats the point of coming on here?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Sushisake Profile Photo
Sushisake
#1001HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:06pm

Updated On: 4/2/15 at 04:06 PM

Sushisake Profile Photo
Sushisake
#1002HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:07pm

Philly - I'm glad that your post was #1000 - and likely the best post you have made on here!!

Liza's Headband
#1003HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:08pm

WHO CARES?! I'm calling on Rob to lock this thread. Phillypinto has rammed it into the ground, like always. 

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#1004HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:10pm

HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway

Congratulations everyone!!!  And we passed 300,000 views as well.  Truly a memorable day.  Thanks to everyone for all the hard work and special thanks to Pinto for prompting so much discussion with his "unique" brand of logic.

Liza's Headband
#1005HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:12pm

I am contributing to your knowledge and understanding of the world, so that the type of ignorance displayed by you on this virtual message board cannot be replicated out in society. 

1.) When you lose money on Broadway, you are a flop. When you are a flop, you usually have to close / cease operations.

2.) Some people find the show offensive. Others don't. It is not your place to say how someone should react to an artistic piece or what their takeaway should be.

3.) Bisexuals exist. They are real, breathing human beings. Accept it and then SHUT UP. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#1006HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:12pm

Pinto: "how does he figure 5000"

Assuming "he" is "me" and that addressing me would either be too painful or too polite for you, I get the number by keeping track of things, something you might want to consider doing before you post comments that belie  reality.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#1007HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:17pm

DELETED

Thank you neon.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 4/2/15 at 04:17 PM

neonlightsxo
#1008HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:20pm

The 5k number was about how many shows are produced in NYC each year, not posts.

VintageSnarker
#1009HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/2/15 at 8:45pm

This thread hitting 1,000 posts has made me so happy. Giddy enough to try to see one of the last performances of Honeymoon in Vegas? We'll see. 

neonlightsxo
#1010HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 4/3/15 at 9:04am

^ No, don't do it! Read this thread instead!

brdwydreamer Profile Photo
brdwydreamer
#1011HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 6/10/15 at 5:55pm

With a tour being officially announced today, I thought it appropriate to revive the most glorious thread of them all for a little giggle. HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway

Just a peace of my mind.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#1012HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 6/10/15 at 6:13pm

when will it be time to start a "Honeymoon In Vegas struggling on the road" thread?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#1013HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 6/10/15 at 6:21pm

GGersten, Why ask? Just do it.

But before we leave this one behind, ruminate about this, with due apologies wherever appropriate:

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1014HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 6/10/15 at 6:37pm

Talk about beating a dead horse

Why not resurrect a thread asking when The Visit will close?

Poster Emeritus

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#1015HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 6/10/15 at 6:45pm

"Talk about beating a dead horse"

This from the world's foremost authority on the subject.

There may be a human being less self-aware on the planet than Roxy but I haven't met that person yet.

Phillypinto
#1016HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 6/10/15 at 10:44pm

But before we leave this one behind, ruminate about this, with due apologies wherever appropriate:
It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing."

what does this mean? Honestly, Honeymoon in Vegas is a great show that deserved a longer life. I hope it does well on tour.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#1017HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 6/10/15 at 11:51pm

"this" doesn't have anything to do with the merits (or demerits) of the show. 

FindingNamo
#1018HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 6/10/15 at 11:53pm

"There may be a human being less self-aware on the planet than Roxy but I haven't met that person yet."

To be fair, he has blocked everybody who would reflect back to him how it is he comes across.  

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phillypinto
#1019HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/15 at 10:22pm

"LOL you guys are hilarious!! Okaaaaaay people so here are my thoughts on the show!!

I saw the show yesterday. Got to the the theatre around 2 and there were still rush tickets available so i bought one. I was thinking it was going to be empty, but the orchestra was packed!!! Not sure about the mezzanine. okaaay so you people are crazy for telling people to avoid this show!! It is a lot of fun!! I think the whole entire show is well crafted, and every song propels the story forward. There are no black holes in this show! Rob Mcclure is really incredible in this show, and worked his ass off, and is hilarious! Nancy Opel is also HILARIOUS especially during her songs, and I'm obsessed with her voice! I wanted more of her!! I wanted to really love Brynn O'Malley, but she is kinda monotone and boring. I think she coulda gone a lot further with it. I thought Danza was good, but he was flat as HELL during a lot of his numbers. He cracked a lot too, but hey it was the last show of the week. His tapping was awesome though, and the audience ate it up. The scenery was nice too. I wasn't the biggest fan of the cartoonish projection looking backgrounds, but it was fine. All the other scenery was really nice, and Nancy's entrance from the display case was HILARIOUS!! At the top of act 2, was it me, or did i really smell fruity Hawaiian breezes???? That was really awesome!!! I also liked the Into the Woods shoutout, and did anyone else hear a Dirty Rotten Scoundrels theme during one of the scene changes in act 2? Also, what was the Chris Christie joke? I missed it haha. I love how this is truly an ensemble piece. Everyone has a lot to do in this show!! The airport people were so funny during the airport song. I loved that guys long note :). Also, the girl who played the harp with her boobies looks like Sandra Bullock haha. Omg and i saw stage hands offstage!! Nothing annoys me more!! I also wanted their mics to be a bit louder. And theres barely any leg room at the Nederlander. The orchestra is incredible, the choreography is awesome, and they have one of the best bows i have ever seen! The score is also really tuneful and fun! Someone said that this show has nothing to say, well the message is that true love winssssssss in the end. No this is not the deepest show ever, but it is a super fun show!! There is absolutely no reason to avoid it; I was expecting it to be offensive or something because of your comments but its not at all. Go out and see this show people and have a good time! I wouldn't miss it!"

I love this review. I think I'm gonna make a thread and write all my reviews this season :)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1021HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/15 at 10:26pm

Christ. Seriously, though. Enough already. 

Phillypinto
#1022HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 7/3/15 at 10:29pm

What!

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#1023HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 7/4/15 at 3:23am

Which will be revived first? The sanity of this thread or the actual show itself??

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#1024HONEYMOON IN VEGAS struggling on Broadway
Posted: 7/4/15 at 9:56am

The show so this thread can continue thru eternity.

Poster Emeritus