#1Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 6:28pm

?Is she talented or no?

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#2Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 7:00pm

Miranda SIngs- No.
Colleen Ballinger- YES, and I hope someday it happens.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#2Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 7:03pm

I saw her concert last night here in L.A. She can sing (Colleen). She sang Wicked, Rent, & The Phantom of the Opera.

nasty_khakis
#3Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 7:04pm

I realize it's super easy for me to say this because I don't know her wants, circumstances, and it's never this easy, but...

I'm SHOCKED this hasn't let to more legit acting/singing work for Colleen.

Starship
#4Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 7:09pm

I heard one interview with Colleen where she said a lot of casting directors and producers said she'd have to delete some of her videos if she wanted to work with them so I wonder if that has been a factor. Nevertheless, she's hella talented and I'd love to see her on Broadway. It would probably never been for a long stint since she's always sad she places Miranda/touring > other opportunities, but I could definitely see her joining a show as a replacement for 2-3 months, for sure.

Updated On: 2/25/15 at 07:09 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#5Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 7:20pm

She's got 6 million YouTube followers.

Whatever that means.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#6Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 7:22pm

It means we got a new troll on the boards! Welcome, Jack!

JackOBrian3
#7Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 7:36pm

I am not a troll saw a post on Broadwayworld.com

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#8Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 8:08pm

I can see her be cast in Wicked (movie) as Elphaba.

RagzJr
#9Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 8:08pm

I sang Miranda's "first death scene" with her in San Francisco ("Little Fall of Rain") and could barely keep myself together... People love to forget how talented she is because she's so talented as Miranda. But that gal can sing. I'm sure that she'll land a role in something -- after all this time performing with Broadway and West End casts AS Miranda, you'd think she'd have quite an in somewhere.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#10Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 8:11pm

Colleen makes mad bank off Miranda and has toured the world with her. Why would she stop to do a Broadway show when the iron is still hot. Broadway would be a financial downgrade for her-she's not a name and would probably end up in the ensemble.

She gets to tour with with her boyfriend, they keep all the money (including the premium ticket sales which include a meet and greet). She gets to do cabarets as Colleen on the side (which Miranda fans show up to as well.) It's a pretty charmed life. She sells out a lot too. She's very popular. If I was her and someone asked me to take down the videos, I'd be like 'cya'.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Starship
#11Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 9:40pm

Miranda is profitable, but she's not set for life and she DOESN'T keep all of the profits that come from her tours. She has a manager which gets a percentage. Also, she doesn't do cabarets on the side as Colleen so I'm confused by your statements.

FindingNamo
#12Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/25/15 at 10:31pm

"People love to forget how talented she is because she's so talented as Miranda."

I know I do. Don't?

Miranda stole her lips from Dina Martina and that is a FACT.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#13Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/26/15 at 10:43am

Wasn't colleen in a show off broadway? I could imagine her doing frozen.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

nasty_khakis
#14Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/26/15 at 11:02am

I know she can and does make more with a single video (not to mention touring, merch, etc) than an entire year in a Broadway show, but I would think she would want to diversify herself so when "Miranda" dries up in a few years she has more to fall back on, if you will.

Starship
#15Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/26/15 at 12:24pm

^ That statement IS entirely untrue. I have experience with YouTube and have a handful of friends who have done it professionally and gained a following. With Miranda especially, she looses out on a lot of revenue since Miranda does lots of covers and that collides with YouTube's music copyright law. YouTubers RARELY make the money people think they make UNLESS they're one of the top YouTubers, have young fans that will buy any merch or tours they put out there, or have huge endorsement deals. That's not to say they don't get a nice paycheck, but they're not making an entire year's Broadway salary with one video.

As for Miranda, I still think there's a lot of room to grow. The character has been around for quite some time but only really late 2014 to now has it shot up in subscriber count. Just late last year it was about to break 1mil subscribers and now it's at 3.4 AND she's selling out larger venues AND she did Comedians With Cars. Colleen has several other original characters she's going to introduce too, and she has a book coming out by "Miranda" so I think there's still a lot of potential and I wish her all the best. Updated On: 2/26/15 at 12:24 PM

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#16Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/26/15 at 12:52pm

Loses.

Starship
#17Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/26/15 at 1:10pm

I was going to correct that, but I'm leaving it just to bug you. X

Updated On: 2/26/15 at 01:10 PM

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#18Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/26/15 at 3:37pm

:) I deserved that.

In all seriousness, yes, Colleen is talented. I had heard through the grapevine that she's not a great auditioner, which is why she may not have booked things, but who knows how true that is?

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#19Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/26/15 at 3:53pm

She's done appearances as Miranda in Seinfelds' web show and on the Tonight Show as well as being one of the most popular Youtube personalities. I think she could do Broadway but there's more satisfaction and draw from her creating her own content and having the fanbase following that. Her collaborations generally get the other YTer a jump in view numbers.

It's funny to me that people put it down because she's not doing work traditionally known as means to success. Times have changed drastically and she's found her thing and audience right on time to meet with the new era of social media/original online content. She not only does she make over a hundred thousand dollars (estimated) through online ad revenue, she also has live tours and merchandise. So she's doing pretty well.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#20Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/27/15 at 12:22pm

Starship, I meant that Colleen shows up to various benefits and cabarets and performs as herself, has friends in the biz so she does get to perform as herself too. It's not all Miranda all the time.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

BwayGeek2 Profile Photo
BwayGeek2
#21Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/27/15 at 12:58pm

i think an entire miranda sings show would get so obnoxious after 10 minutes. Bring Colleen to Broadway!!

Starship
#22Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/27/15 at 1:31pm

@BettyBoy72 - Ah, gotcha.

AEA AGMA SM
#23Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/27/15 at 3:20pm

There is a trap with becoming a recognizable talent through the creation of a specific character. It does become harder for casting directors, and audiences, to look at you beyond the confines of that character. It happens with sitcom actors all the time. Look at how hard it has been for the cast of Seinfeld or Friends, to name two more recent examples, to find success beyond the show.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#24Could Miranda Sings do Broadway
Posted: 2/27/15 at 3:30pm

Yes but honestly Colleen and Miranda are nothing alike and Miranda wouldn't follow her into an audition room or to an audience. Her huge demo is teens and tweens. A producer would know she is Miranda but Colleen's talent stands alone.

Videos