pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 152

Hamilton Cancellation Line

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#3775Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/11/16 at 5:37pm

I would assume there will be tickets available each of those days through the cancellation line because they are selling unclaimed lottery tickets and unused house seats that are usually saved for special guests. I think the key is just lining up as early as you can handle. The time really flies. 

adora514
#3776Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/12/16 at 8:02am

Hi! I'm here to share my experience lining up in the cancellation line on Sunday, October 9th. We just flew in from the Philippines and arrived very late in the evening so our initial plans of lining up at 7am didn't happen. The weather that day was really bad. It was windy and cold. We were planning just to check out the line but when we got there at 1030am we decided to wait because we were 15th (but later on turned out we were 20-21st because of the plus ones that only arrived maybe an hour before the show started) in line and a staff member went out to count the people in line and told us he thinks we would all get in because of the weather. Unfortunately, it was quite the opposite. They only started to release tickets ten minutes to 3pm and they only released 7 standard priced tickets and 4 standing room only tickets. We met a lot of nice people though. The first to line up that Sunday arrived at 5am. Hope this helps. 

mmmbop
#3777Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 8:25am

So they sell SRO with cancellations? Cool. And "cancellations" aren't really cancellation right? It's the premium seats they hold for special people?

AMHM
#3778Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 9:14am

Yes, they do sell SRO. I could be wrong but I think they go for $40? If someone knows better, they can correct me! And yes, the seats are premium or lottery. I don't know about others - other people on this forum might have more information on that.

AMHM
#3779Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 9:16am

If any of the four college guys who were on the cancellation line behind me and my daughter on 10/9 are on this forum, can you message me? I have photos for you!

casedilla2
#3780Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 10:23am

Hey y'all! My friend and I are second/third in line right now, if anyone wants a pair of tickets for tonight we'd be happy to work something out to get you tickets as well! :) Feel free to message me!

samandryanmom
#3781Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:03pm

My daughter and I are arriving tomorrow morning and are going to try the line for tomorrow night's show. What time did you arrive this morning? I'm not sure if we can get there early enough to even have a chance.

Smartin028
#3782Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 5:21pm

Hi! 
I live close to the theatre. I was also curious what time I should arrive for the cancellation line tomorrow. 

Updated On: 10/13/16 at 05:21 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3783Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 6:31pm

AMHM said: "Yes, they do sell SRO. I could be wrong but I think they go for $40? If someone knows better, they can correct me! And yes, the seats are premium or lottery. I don't know about others - other people on this forum might have more information on that.

For the sake of other users, don't confuse "premium" seats with "house/VIP" seats.  

Cancellation line sells:

Premium seats $549 when available (sometimes available on Ticketmaster)

House seats $199 when available 

Unclaimed Lottery ($199??) and

Standing Room Only $40 

Cancellation Line thread member and contributor since my failed attempt in March =)

Updated On: 10/13/16 at 06:31 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3784Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 6:36pm

Smartin028 said: "Hi! 
I live close to the theatre. I was also curious what time I should arrive for the cancellation line tomorrow. 

It's best to private message this question or be out seated. The scenario of asking publicly and someone replying 5am, and another one reads that and decides to line up at 3am, if one was thinking 4:30am would be good.  

Lauram1014
#3785Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/13/16 at 9:38pm

I did the cancellation line tonight (10/13) and they only let 5 people in, so if you're planning to stand in line all day on your visit, just know that there may not be many tickets at all for the night you're there. 

VirginiaWoolf
#3786Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/14/16 at 12:46am

I did the cancellation line on Sunday as well (many from the forum on line with me). I got there at 7 am, and was 11th in line (although one pair ahead of us ended up with four tickets). Since it was a holiday weekend and a cold, rainy morning, I'm not sure you can use my experience to forecast what another Sunday would be like. I can say that it was really a fun experience to be on line and the camaraderie of the group was wonderful.

The incredibly nice woman behind me (who got there a bit before 9 am and did not get seats) had been there the night before and said that box office staff had come out sporadically while she was on line to offer both $549 premiums and $199 seats. That didn't happen at all on Sunday. They didn't take the first pair until after 230 and never came down the line at all; they just took two at a time (or four, in the case of the family in front of us). I may be mistaken, but I think all of the seats offered were $199.

At 2:58, the box office person came out and announced she had no more seats but had some standing room tickets. They gave out six. So 15 people total from the line got in. My friend and I got the last standing room tickets. They were $40/each. I couldn't see everything that happened on the second level of the stage, but overall, I had great sight lines and the show was amazing.

chickabloaww
#3787Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/14/16 at 6:18pm

Read this thread for tips before I waited in the line, thank you. So only right i tell myyyy stoooorrryyyy 

I waited in line on Tues 10/11. I went by myself and got there around 3pm. i was #17 in line. After reading some of the recent stories on here I was a little surprised to be this far back after arriving at that time, but oh well! 

The time passed by pretty quickly. People in line were very friendly. They made everyone stand up and get into a straight tight line around 6pm. Then time started to drag. They didn't let the first people from the cancellation line in to the box office window until around 6:45-6:50 I would guess. (7pm show) I didn't get up there until 7 on the dot. They don't tell you anything about the seat, they were rushing everyone crazy, a staff member outside called me in and rushed me up to the window and the face behind the window yelled out "$199!" and I flung over my card not having any idea where I'd be.  I was elated to see that it was Orchestra Row H!!! Grabbed a beer very quickly on the way in cause there was no line (a sam adams.. i was laughing at how all the drinks and beers were theme-appropriate), and the music started less than a minute after getting into my seat. My coat wasn't even off yet! Stressful but so worth it.  I don't know if anyone behind me got in, there was no time to check for that. I really hope they did. 

Ended up being seated right next to the girl who'd been next to me in line which was cool to share the experience together, and also meant they had pairs available, not just single tickets. 

Our seats were way over to the right, almost near the door, which made me a bit nervous when I first saw that seat # on the ticket, but it was an incredible seat. Nothing bad at all about being in that spot. Row H is a row they made of actual wooden chairs placed behind the last row of theater seats. Easy to get in and out of during intermission, and we were perched up a little higher because of that as well. Great view. 

When 2 of my friends heard my success story the next morning, they went and got in line that same day. They arrived around 4pm for the 8pm show on Wed 10/12. They were #11 and 12 in line. I thought for sure they'd get even better seats than me. But they were only offered standing room. $40/ticket. They stood up in the balcony. Didn't matter to them, they absolutely loved it and were happy to be in, and you can't beat that price to finally get to see this show.  

Totally worth it and will definitely do this again someday with others now that I know it works fairly simply!  thanks all for the tips and good luck

whatdoesntkillme
#3788Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/15/16 at 9:05am

I was walking around Times Square around 12:30 AM last night/this morning, and there were 2 really nice young women sitting on the stairs of the Rodgers. Surprised at seeing someone there that early, I asked, "are you the cancellation line?" and they said yes and hoped that my sister and I were joining them overnight. When we mentioned that we're seeing The Color Purple tonight and Hamilton Sunday, one of them whipped out the Alice Walker novel and told us that they were seeing it Sunday! So we have a flip-flopped weekend compared to them. 

Apparently they had been sitting there since before last night's show let out because they had previously seen droves of people sleeping out in August, and a snarky little kid went up to them and said "you know you can get here at 7 AM and be fine." Clearly he reads these boards!

Good for them for wanting to really secure those seats though! They were very nice and I'm sure they'll love the show. 

HamiltonObsessed
#3789Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/19/16 at 1:24pm

Does anyone know if the line will get longer/ you'll have to get there earlier now that Christopher Jackson is leaving the show?

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3790Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/19/16 at 4:14pm

HamiltonObsessed said: "Does anyone know if the line will get longer/ you'll have to get there earlier now that Christopher Jackson is leaving the show?

Chris Jackson AND Anthony Ramos the week after.  Lines didn't go insane for Daveed and Renee but expect more people.  Not like that of Lin leaving but more people will want to go and try the line.

Tom M2
#3791Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/20/16 at 11:12pm

Hi everyone!

I'll be waiting in the cancellation line with my friend for the upcoming Saturday matinee (10/22) and we're more than happy to let up to two others come as our "plus ones". We'll almost certainly be the first in line and can basically garauntee you awesome seats. All we ask is that you help us pay for our tickets in exchange. Comment below or PM me if interested. 

Thanks!

mmmbop
#3792Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/21/16 at 1:13pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "AMHM said: "Yes, they do sell SRO. I could be wrong but I think they go for $40? If someone knows better, they can correct me! And yes, the seats are premium or lottery. I don't know about others - other people on this forum might have more information on that.

For the sake of other users, don't confuse "premium" seats with "house/VIP" seats.  

Cancellation line sells:

Premium seats $549 when available (sometimes available on Ticketmaster)

House seats $199 when available 

Unclaimed Lottery ($199??) and

Standing Room Only $40 

Cancellation Line thread member and contributor since my failed attempt in March =)

"

May I ask, I'm a bit confused about the difference between the premium and the house/VIP tickets...are premiums just unsold tickets, and the VIP the unclaimed "special person" seats? Do they have to sell all the premiums before they sell house seats? SRO? If I do cancellation line, I don't want to pay for premium, and I just want to know what my options would be before I make the decision. Thanks!

dotseurat2
#3793Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/21/16 at 6:37pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "HamiltonObsessed said: "Does anyone know if the line will get longer/ you'll have to get there earlier now that Christopher Jackson is leaving the show?

Chris Jackson AND Anthony Ramos the week after.  Lines didn't go insane for Daveed and Renee but expect more people.  Not like that of Lin leaving but more people will want to go and try the line.

I'm dying to see Chris Jackson before he leaves so we might take our chance on the cancellation line for tomorrow's matinee. How has his track record been? I get the feeling he's out more than he's on but I could be wrong. I know he's been filming that TV show. 

We might get there around 10am...too late?  Hoping weather keeps people away ha ha!

Thanks!

"

Marisa151
#3794Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/21/16 at 9:54pm

Hi - we were there at 11am today for the Friday evening 8pm show.  The first couple on line showed up at 7am, the second couple slightly after that and then 2 singles around 8:30.  We were number 7 and 8 and they only took 5 people.  There was one premium seat that they offered around 5:30pm but it was $549 and only a single.  Someone further back in the line bought that ticket.  The previous night they took 8 people.  Hope that helps!  I will try my luck again another time!

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3795Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/22/16 at 3:25am

mmmbop said:  May I ask, I'm a bit confused about the difference between the premium and the house/VIP tickets...are premiums just unsold tickets, and the VIP the unclaimed "special person" seats? Do they have to sell all the premiums before they sell house seats? SRO? If I do cancellation line, I don't want to pay for premium, and I just want to know what my options would be before I make the decision. Thanks!

I was never sure if when people in line all turned down a $549 ticket (Premium), did it go to Ticketmaster for sale or later turn into a VIP seat ($199) then passed back to the line at that price.  The difference between referring to the ticket as Premium is the $549 price. The "House" seats everyone is vying for is the $199 priced ticket.  

Th order th box office sells has been highest priced tickets out first and lowest last.

Hope this helps!

Updated On: 10/22/16 at 03:25 AM

cdub2
#3796Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/22/16 at 8:50pm

There were already 9 people in line when I arrived at 11:30 am for the 7pm show on Tuesday, October 18. There had been three "professional" line sitters who scooped up four premium tickets before I arrived. The woman in front of me left within the hour of waiting, meaning I was now 9th. 

The first two women got in line at 12:30 am and waited all night. They had a sign announcing it was the 30th birthday of one of them; the line sitters I mentioned supposedly arrived at 4am (they are payed $20 an hour to wait in lines, so they did about 6 hours worth of "work" Hamilton Cancellation Linenext there was a mother and daughter who got there around dawn, and behind them was a couple from Alaska who were in town all week and were actually looking forward to not walking for a day (they got in around 9:30). Behind them was a single woman from California, who got there about 10am, then a man from Nevada (who also reads these boards!!), who arrived about 30 minutes before me.

Right behind me in the line were two teenage sisters from Texas who flew in just for the show, and only for that day. They got there around 1pm, and were followed, about the same time, by a father and daughter, and quicky them by one additional couple, and finally a woman from Australia who was staying across the street at the Edison, who was letting people use the bathroom in her room (most everyone in line, btw, heeded the advice from here on the Marriott bathrooms - second floor!)

I can vouch that all 16 people (including myself) that I mentioned got in. All tickets were claimed by people in line - no one got any extras for friends not there, even though that had been discussed. I also saw at least two more in the theatre who appear (from their reactions) to be from standby got in too. So at least 18 for a Tuesday show.

The first seven got the first row from unclaimed lottery tickets. Those were given out maybe around 5:45 pm. Around 6:30 I got in with the person in front of me when two more freed up. By this time, btw, there was maybe 40+ people in the line.

Our tickets were in Row F in the orchestra (7th row). AMAZING tickets! A few minutes later the sisters from Texas came in (literaly in tears) and were sitting next to me, but only for a moment; the couple from Alaska swapped with them so they could be in the front row, right in the center. They loved it.

The next four tickets were right behind me, in Row G, and the woman from Australia wound up in the orchestra side. Finally, right before the show was to begin, two more front row seats were filled with a couple of excited women who appear to have been in the standby line.

Everyone agreed it was worth it; the show was spectacular - a mix of original and new cast with some impressive understudies. My first time seeing Hamilton, btw. I am glad i did my homework so i knew what to kind of expect. The experience in meeting such an eclectic and diverse group of people in line (we were fortunate the weather was so good) added to the charm of the day. 

Updated On: 10/22/16 at 08:50 PM

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#3797Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/22/16 at 9:44pm

Cdub2, I think we all got lucky that day for having so many tickets released to the cancellation line. I was getting worried there when it was already passed 6:30 and they still haven't offered any more tickets passed the 7 unclaimed lottery tickets. I thought that with the nice weather, there would be fewer tickets. But maybe being a Tuesday helped. Someone wrote earlier that there were only a handful of seats for last night (Friday) but the weather was bad too. 

We we really lucked out getting those Row F center orchestra tickets. The vantage point from those seats is just amazing. The people in our line were very friendly. Overall, it was worth the wait for me too. 

HamiltonObsessed
#3798Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/22/16 at 10:51pm

I passed by the cancellation line today while stage dooring and the evening cancellation line only had one person on it at 4:45 PM, by 5:30 PM there were 10+ people.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3799Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 10/23/16 at 12:02am

HamiltonObsessed said: "I passed by the cancellation line today while stage dooring and the evening cancellation line only had one person on it at 4:45 PM, by 5:30 PM there were 10+ people."

After all the matinee cancellation tix are sold, the box office tells the cancellation line to come back at exactly 5:30pm. At times they honor whoever was next person in line to just miss matinee tix to be the first person in evening cancellation line and at times they do not. Hence why there's drama at times for the evening cancellation line (read through this thread from July onwards... there will be some examples.) 

Updated On: 10/24/16 at 12:02 AM

Videos