pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 71

Hamilton Cancellation Line

small-sapling
#1750Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 10:10am

Hey Mark! I'm Sarah, a long time reader of this thread, first time poster.

I'm going for a single ticket at the live lotto today (I'm thinking of getting there around 11:40am?) So yes I'm definitely down to double up!

And just fyi to the other ppl in this thread, I may be standing in the cancellation line tomorrow or next Tues and I will report anything I can!

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#1751Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 10:14am

Sounds good Sarah! Let's do this, I will dm you my watsapp xx

Jennabee
#1752Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 10:52am

broadwayfever said: "Any cancellation line updates for this morning? 

Also, when does the Ham4Ham show usually start on Wednesdays?
"

From the Hamilton twitter:

"We've got a LIVE #Ham4Ham lottery today! Enter at 12:00PM, 12:25PM #Ham4Ham show, 12:30PM drawing. Come and give your regards to Broadway!"

https://twitter.com/HamiltonMusical/status/732944005315612672

To all, really appreciating the firsthand accounts!  Rooting for everyone to get their tickets.  

happydude
#1753Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 11:28am

I will fess up  I AM  a linesitter. I make money on the side this way. It's not a get rich quick way of earning, but it does alleviate some bills, as I'm a caregiver. At present, I have customers who are distraught over this new edict. 4 women, the average age is 65, plus one mother who is 87!!!! They are not rich, but would love to see the show. They hired me and a friend, but now they must cancel. Not everyone who wants a linesitter is of means or is trying to get over. If they had real $$$ they'd pay StubHub or TicketMaster and not be dealing with all of this.

Yes, some linesitters and companies have been obnoxious, but not everyone is. 

My senior citizen customers are here in town from California, but I doubt they'll be seeing the show. That makes me feel bad. And no, it's not all about $$ with me. I have my mind, legs and arms and have other means of making money. Just showing you that line sitting is highly VALUABLE for those who literally can not.

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1754Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 11:30am

chalklit said: "MISH2 said: "

Second question.  Let's say there are 2 couples at the head of the line.  A single ticket is offered first and one person in the first couple tells his companion to take it.  She goes in, and he is now alone with another couple behind him.

Now a pair of tickets is available.  Does the remaining member of the first couple get one of those tickets? Or do they pass him over for the couple behind him?

each person can get 2 tickets (so they COULD get 4 between the two of them) but if a couple is waiting as one person, they generally wait for a pair to come out (in my experience), and more pairs come out anyway...so they COULD do what you are saying, but it would be odd since most couples go in as pairs

Thanks.

did this help?

yes it did  The reason for the second question is that I've seen the show and my friend hasn't.  I would be inclined to let her take a single if it was close to curtain but didn't know if doing so would mean I would be skipped over if the next offering was for a pair.

"

Em6
#1755Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 12:16pm

neonlightsxo said: "BroadwayFan2 said:  At 68 pages in, it is a lot and I refuse to read each page."

I don't blame you!  I've been keeping track of this thread for a couple of months now, and I know that unless you have a burning desire to know the history of the Hamilton Cancellation Line, reading 70 pages and more than 1,700 posting IS a waste of time.  Information CONSTANTLY changes.  

Postings are dated.  If you want to, you can just go back a week or so to read about people's most recent cancellation line experiences.   We find that very helpful when planning our trip, since we're from out of town.

I believe someone posted the link to the FAQ thread, as well.  https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1090479

Good luck!!  Hope you get to see the show.  We've done the cancellation line 3x, and have seen the show 2x.  It's REALLY worth the wait!  =)

Em6
#1756Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 12:39pm

happydude said: "I will fess up  I AM  a linesitter. I make money on the side this way. It's not a get rich quick way of earning, but it does alleviate some bills, as I'm a caregiver. At present, I have customers who are distraught over this new edict. 4 women, the average age is 65, plus one mother who is 87!!!! They are not rich, but would love to see the show. They hired me and a friend, but now they must cancel. Not everyone who wants a linesitter is of means or is trying to get over. If they had real $$$ they'd pay StubHub or TicketMaster and not be dealing with all of this.

Yes, some linesitters and companies have been obnoxious, but not everyone is. 

My senior citizen customers are here in town from California, but I doubt they'll be seeing the show. That makes me feel bad. And no, it's not all about $$ with me. I have my mind, legs and arms and have other means of making money. Just showing you that line sitting is highly VALUABLE for those who literally can not.

"I agree!  We've hired line sitters before and had a good experience with it.  We'll do it again if the theater allows it.  We have no problem buying them tickets, if that's what the new rule says.  =)

Good luck with your elderly clients.  Hope they find a way to see the show.   

bethok
#1757Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:15pm

"

01:15 AM - Arrive at Richard Rodgers theatre. There is a couple already set up (I later find out that they arrived around midnight). If any of you have been in/at the theatre, it's the door to the left of the main entrance, where people can walk out from the coat check. This couple (wisely) brought a thick duvet and huge fluffy pillows.

"

As a woman with a complete lack of self-defensive skills, is there anything to worry about if I'm planning to go alone and wait in line all night? Or is it well-trafficked/well-lit enough that it'll be safe? As much as I want to be first in line, I'm also a little afraid to be the only one in line if it means sitting there alone all night. 

schubox
#1758Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:17pm

Are we thinking that more Tony voters are going and that could lead to the decrease of available tickets?

chalklit
#1759Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:30pm

bethok said: " 

"

01:15 AM - Arrive at Richard Rodgers theatre. There is a couple already set up (I later find out that they arrived around midnight). If any of you have been in/at the theatre, it's the door to the left of the main entrance, where people can walk out from the coat check. This couple (wisely) brought a thick duvet and huge fluffy pillows.

"

As a woman with a complete lack of self-defensive skills, is there anything to worry about if I'm planning to go alone and wait in line all night? Or is it well-trafficked/well-lit enough that it'll be safe? As much as I want to be first in line, I'm also a little afraid to be the only one in line if it means sitting there alone all night. 

"

You are fine 

Jennabee
#1760Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:31pm

schubox said: "Are we thinking that more Tony voters are going and that could lead to the decrease of available tickets?"

I'd guess that the biggest variable is word getting out that the OBC is likely to be departing in July (in whole or in part) and people really wanting to see them before then.  Diehard fans have known this but I'm fairly aware of Hamilton stuff and only figured that out pretty recently.

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 01:31 PM

schubox
#1761Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:32pm

Can anyone who knows let me know where and what the premium seats they release to the line are? I know they're $477 and that premium seats are close. But I've also read the seats they release late closer to showtime are in the first few rows of orch usually. I know those seats are the ones there holding for guests, so what are the premium seats they're releasing? 

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1762Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:36pm

schubox said: "Can anyone who knows let me know where and what the premium seats they release to the line are? I know they're $477 

In two instances I've read here, as recent as Monday and as far back as when I attended the show on May 2nd, the premium ticket purchaser got row J.  It truly is one if the most ideal row in the house.

chowbi
#1763Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:48pm

bethok said: " 

"

"

"

Same here. I'm scared of waiting in line in the middle of the night, especially as a female who isn't from that area. But if chalklit says its fine then I guess we don't have to worry as much. When do you plan on waiting in line? I've been debating when to wait for Tuesday night's show.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1764Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:48pm

This is a pic I took myself after the show and sat in the empty row J and told my husband to sit in row H and he didn't block my view, LOL!   I always seem to have a head in my way!  
If you notice, the floor slants upward towards row J and row J is the first row on an elevated step.  This row is AMAZEBALLS LOL!  and have only seen it a handful of times for resale on StubHub.  Prior to the Tony noms, I saw a seat in row J center drop to $450 30 min before curtain.  But since the nominations, tickets don't drop as drastically for OBC nights.  

So a Premium Seat in row J is DEF worth the mula!

Everyone brace yourselves for when they win their Tony's.  Hamilton Cancellation Line

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 01:48 PM

missedattuck
#1765Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:55pm

For a Sunday matinee, when do people usually start lining up?  Would it be around 2-3am or would that line still form Saturday evening around show time?

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#1766Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:55pm

I'm pretty sure row J is the row infront of that one you have pointed out. There is no row I

bethok
#1767Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:06pm

"

Same here. I'm scared of waiting in line in the middle of the night, especially as a female who isn't from that area. But if chalklit says its fine then I guess we don't have to worry as much. When do you plan on waiting in line? I've been debating when to wait for Tuesday night's show.

"

I was thinking of going after work on Friday (so after the train ride from NJ I'd probably arrive around 7 or 8 pm) and try to get tickets for the Saturday 8 PM show. I know Saturdays are probably pretty popular but it's the only day that works with my work schedule. 

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1768Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:08pm

Mark_E said: "I'm pretty sure row J is the row infront of that one you have pointed out. There is no row I

Correct!  It's row H and no letter I 

casedilla2
#1769Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:16pm

Did anyone ever figure out somewhere to print last minute tickets for an 8pm show? I'm in the city and thinking of trying this tonight but i know the Mariott business center closes at 7pm. It's okay if it's a bit further, I just can't find anything whatsoever

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#1770Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:27pm

casedilla2 said: "Did anyone ever figure out somewhere to print last minute tickets for an 8pm show? I'm in the city and thinking of trying this tonight but i know the Mariott business center closes at 7pm. It's okay if it's a bit further, I just can't find anything whatsoever

"

There's a Staples on 8th Ave/47th St. that closes at 8pm. The Staples website says that they have computer workstations for rent, but I would swing thru during the day and check it out to be sure. 

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1771Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:29pm

Happydude said: I will fess up  I AM  a linesitter.

My faith always taught me “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you".

So back when you accused me of being a S.O.L.D. proxy because I had too much line information--in my mind and in my heart, I forgave you.  All I was being was a fan and trying to help people out here on the board with either how long to wait for yourself, privately messaging others on how early to book a sitter based on my eyewitness experience, and how to snag a resale ticket.

My sister is a caregiver to our 76 year old mom so I understand.

Don't judge, don't condemn and doors will open for you =)

alicity
#1772Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:37pm

chowbi said: "bethok said: " 

"

"

"

"

Me too. After lurking around this board, I was thinking of doing the same, traveling from out of town and joining in the line around midnight. I most likely would be traveling alone but if there would be other people also waiting in line, I would feel much better.

Em6
#1773Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:40pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Mark_E said: "I'm pretty sure row J is the row infront of that one you have pointed out. There is no row I

Correct!  It's row H and no letter I 

What a GREAT picture.  We sat on Row H seat # 9 -- those seats that look like dining chairs on the right side of the picture.  THOSE are the BEST seats, I think.  We were a little sad at first because it was not in the middle of the theater, but WHOA!  it was like sitting on booster seats!  No heads to block you and you can see the entire stage without any problem.  PLUS, you can get up anytime without bothering the people next to you.  Great way to quickly get out of the theater at the end of the show to catch a good spot at the stage door!  =)

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1774Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:41pm

Hamilton Cancellation Linecasedilla2 said: "Did anyone ever figure out somewhere to print last minute tickets for an 8pm show? I'm in the city and thinking of trying this tonight but i know the Mariott business center closes at 7pm. It's okay if it's a bit further, I just can't find anything whatsoever

"If it's a pick-up only ticket, StubHub at 40th street is a 10 min walk from RRT.  Located in the lower level of the Courtyard Marriott hotel by Bryant Park.  They print any order.  An option to be at the StubHub offices when purchasing any ticket (incase it's a pick-up only ticket) get it printed and run!