pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 72

Hamilton Cancellation Line

casedilla2
#1775Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:48pm

@Brunette and they'll print instant download tickets as well? That could be an option. Thanks!

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1776Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:49pm

On Monday, there were only two tickets left on StubHub at 6:30 pm for a 7pm show.  The Instant Download went quickly after this screenshot.  The Pick Up ticket lingered but if one is at StubHub (they also have a computer for purchasing) there's enough time to purchase, get printed and get to your seat.Hamilton Cancellation Line

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1777Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 2:51pm

casedilla2 said: "@Brunette and they'll print instant download tickets as well? That could be an option. Thanks!

Yesssssss!  I asked!  I went I've scoped!  LOL! 

You can even sit in the hotel lobby, and buy on your phone then take the elevator down and give them your order number and they will pull it up and print it.  When I went, there were some clients using a computer they have there and they were looking for tickets for something.  

jman16
#1778Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 3:06pm

Hey guys, really naive question. I'm visiting NY in June and all other outlets are extortionately expensive. How does the lottery work these days? Is it still online of in person? I'm still seeing videos of massive queues outside the theatre but heard they did online lotteries for a while? 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1779Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 3:09pm

The lottery is online except for Wednesday matinees.

https://lottery.broadwaydirect.com/show/hamilton/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

schubox
#1780Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 3:09pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "On Monday, there were only two tickets left on StubHub at 6:30 pm for a 7pm show.  The Instant Download went quickly after this screenshot.  The Pick Up ticket lingered but if one is at StubHub (they also have a computer for purchasing) there's enough time to purchase, get printed and get to your seat.Hamilton Cancellation Line

"

Yeah this is what I was saying the other day The whole wait till a half hour before the show and buy cheap stubhub seats isn't working anymore. I've been checking daily for a while now and almost all, if not all, of the seats are gone an hour before showtime, and the prices aren't dropping much

broadwayfever
#1781Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 3:29pm

alicity said: "Me too. After lurking around this board, I was thinking of doing the same, traveling from out of town and joining in the line around midnight. I most likely would be traveling alone but if there would be other people also waiting in line, I would feel much better. "

------

No worries. There are plenty of cameras in that area and others who will be in line for support.

broadwayfever
#1782Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 3:35pm

happydude said: "I will fess up  I AM  a linesitter. I make money on the side this way. It's not a get rich quick way of earning, but it does alleviate some bills, as I'm a caregiver. At present, I have customers who are distraught over this new edict. 4 women, the average age is 65, plus one mother who is 87!!!! They are not rich, but would love to see the show. They hired me and a friend, but now they must cancel. Not everyone who wants a linesitter is of means or is trying to get over. If they had real $$$ they'd pay StubHub or TicketMaster and not be dealing with all of this. Yes, some linesitters and companies have been obnoxious, but not everyone is. My senior citizen customers are here in town from California, but I doubt they'll be seeing the show. That makes me feel bad. And no, it's not all about $$ with me. I have my mind, legs and arms and have other means of making money. Just showing you that line sitting is highly VALUABLE for those who literally can not."

------------------------

Not to worry...there are quite of few fake accounts created in the past week by line sitters trying to pass as patrons, so you're not the only one.

Boday
#1783Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 3:47pm

StubHub is so crazy! Orchestra seats went down to $300 20 minutes before showtime last Friday and then suddenly this week, total madness!

I was talking to a friend about all of these data points I've collected over the past month for the line, StubHub, TM resale, any other data points I could scrounge up from these posts... And my conclusion? It doesn't matter what I decide because every day is totally different than other days. Literally the worst conclusion for my overly active mind in the days leading up to our trip laugh

meepsnyc
#1784Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 3:49pm

alicity said: "chowbi said: "bethok said: " 

"

01:15 AM - Arrive at Richard Rodgers theatre. There is a couple already set up (I later find out that they arrived around midnight). If any of you have been in/at the theatre, it's the door to the left of the main entrance, where people can walk out from the coat check. This couple (wisely) brought a thick duvet and huge fluffy pillows.

"

As a woman with a complete lack of self-defensive skills, is there anything to worry about if I'm planning to go alone and wait in line all night? Or is it well-trafficked/well-lit enough that it'll be safe? As much as I want to be first in line, I'm also a little afraid to be the only one in line if it means sitting there alone all night. 

"

Same here. I'm scared of waiting in line in the middle of the night, especially as a female who isn't from that area. But if chalklit says its fine then I guess we don't have to worry as much. When do you plan on waiting in line? I've been debating when to wait for Tuesday night's show.

"

Me too. After lurking around this board, I was thinking of doing the same, traveling from out of town and joining in the line around midnight. I most likely would be traveling alone but if there would be other people also waiting in line, I would feel much better.
"

I'm also trying to get tickets for the Tuesday night show!! I chose that date thinking it wouldn't be very popular but now I'm regretting my decision LOL.

TaliBL
#1785Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 4:07pm

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

It may be crazy because apparently a lot of colleges have graduations this week. Maybe lots of grads with families in town trying to see the show? Also, Friday night seems like a good night to go the last minute stub hub route: I kept checking and watched some rear mezzanine seats drop down to $175 apiece! 

ashk8177
#1786Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 4:21pm

TaliBL said: "

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
It may be crazy because apparently a lot of colleges have graduations this week. Maybe lots of grads with families in town trying to see the show? Also, Friday night seems like a good night to go the last minute stub hub route: I kept checking and watched some rear mezzanine seats drop down to $175 apiece! 

"

That is a really good point, and I hope you are right! In the meantime, if any 2 Hamilfans are willing to wait in line overnight any day next week then I will be happy to pay for the cost of your tickets. I took off one day this week to try the line and my boss won't be happy if I keep doing that. PM me if you are interested. Good luck everyone, I know how discouraging this can be for people who haven't seen it yet.

Jennabee
#1787Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 4:24pm

Boday said: "StubHub is so crazy! Orchestra seats went down to $300 20 minutes before showtime last Friday and then suddenly this week, total madness!

I was talking to a friend about all of these data points I've collected over the past month for the line, StubHub, TM resale, any other data points I could scrounge up from these posts... And my conclusion? It doesn't matter what I decide because every day is totally different than other days. Literally the worst conclusion for my overly active mind in the days leading up to our trip laugh
"

I am RIGHT there with you.  I've wondered if maybe it's the received wisdom that sways things -- like, the consensus is that Tuesday shows are the easiest to get into, so everyone swarms on Tuesday!  But there are too many variables, I think it's just tough to predict!

TaliBL
#1788Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 4:31pm

Honestly it can be a little frustrating for someone who hasn't gotten to see the show yet to read about people doing the cancellation line and seeing it for the 3rd time! Seems kind of unfair for people in the line who never saw it ?? free country though obviously 

sundaymourning6am
#1789Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 4:33pm

To all the posters who are afraid for their safety, where are you from??? This isn't NYC in 1986. The streets are owned by Disney and the NYPD. You're right next to damn Marriot. Put on your big kid pants. You're fine. 

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1790Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 4:36pm

Jennabee said: "I am RIGHT there with you.  I've wondered if maybe it's the received wisdom that sways things -- like, the consensus is that Tuesday shows are the easiest to get into, so everyone swarms on Tuesday!  But there are too many variables, I think it's just tough to predict!

Yeap! and two things are certain:  

1) When the Tony's get handed out, the tickets via resale will most likely become more expensive and drop in price even less.

2) As long as this board stays active with statuses and arrival time info, other members who read will try to outsit anyone and arrive earlier and earlier as long as the cancellation line remains the most affordable option.  Then one will be competing with regular folk and not paid sitters.  Ends up being the same thing.  If one person on this board was able to wait for one ticket for 28 hours, it is a possibility.

bucky3
#1791Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 4:38pm

chowbi said: "bethok said: " 

"

01:15 AM - Arrive at Richard Rodgers theatre. There is a couple already set up (I later find out that they arrived around midnight). If any of you have been in/at the theatre, it's the door to the left of the main entrance, where people can walk out from the coat check. This couple (wisely) brought a thick duvet and huge fluffy pillows.

"

As a woman with a complete lack of self-defensive skills, is there anything to worry about if I'm planning to go alone and wait in line all night? Or is it well-trafficked/well-lit enough that it'll be safe? As much as I want to be first in line, I'm also a little afraid to be the only one in line if it means sitting there alone all night. 

"

Same here. I'm scared of waiting in line in the middle of the night, especially as a female who isn't from that area. But if chalklit says its fine then I guess we don't have to worry as much. When do you plan on waiting in line? I've been debating when to wait for Tuesday night's show.

"

You might want to know that Chalklit is an almost 18 year old boy.  (I'm his mom and yes, we both need to get off of this board! Still riding last night's 'Hamhigh'.)  I'm not disagreeing with him, it is probably safe, but I would feel a lot more comfortable if at least one other person was there was me. 

schubox
#1792Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 4:49pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Jennabee said: "I am RIGHT there with you.  I've wondered if maybe it's the received wisdom that sways things -- like, the consensus is that Tuesday shows are the easiest to get into, so everyone swarms on Tuesday!  But there are too many variables, I think it's just tough to predict!

Yeap! and two things are certain:  

1) When the Tony's get handed out, the tickets via resale will most likely become more expensive and drop in price even less.

2) As long as this board stays active with statuses and arrival time info, other members who read will try to outsit anyone and arrive earlier and earlier as long as the cancellation line remains the most affordable option.  Then one will be competing with regular folk and not paid sitters.  Ends up being the same thing.  If one person on this board was able to wait for one ticket for 28 hours, it is a possibility.

"

Exactly this. The wait with line sitters got up to 36 hours, which is what caused the policy change. For a few days it seemed like the wait was down to 12-15 hours. Now it's already creeping back up to 24+ hours. Just without sitters 

Jennabee
#1793Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 5:08pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Then one will be competing with regular folk and not paid sitters.  Ends up being the same thing.  If one person on this board was able to wait for one ticket for 28 hours, it is a possibility."

Yep.  I heard that one person waited SEVENTEEN HOURS!!

wink

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1794Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 5:27pm

Jennabee said: "Yep.  I heard that one person waited SEVENTEEN HOURS!!

LMAO!  Yaaaas!  The horror!  LOL! 

jdra
#1795Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 5:34pm

sundaymourning6am said: "To all the posters who are afraid for their safety, where are you from??? This isn't NYC in 1986. The streets are owned by Disney and the NYPD. You're right next to damn Marriot. Put on your big kid pants. You're fine. "

I don't think a woman alone is safe on the street in the middle of the night in any major city. Bring a friend.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#1796Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 5:36pm

Hamilton Cancellation Lineschubox said: "Exactly this. The wait with line sitters got up to 36 hours, which is what caused the policy change. For a few days it seemed like the wait was down to 12-15 hours. Now it's already creeping back up to 24+ hours. Just without sitters"

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 05:36 PM

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#1797Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 5:56pm

jdra said: "sundaymourning6am said: "To all the posters who are afraid for their safety, where are you from??? This isn't NYC in 1986. The streets are owned by Disney and the NYPD. You're right next to damn Marriot. Put on your big kid pants. You're fine. "

I don't think a woman alone is safe on the street in the middle of the night in any major city. Bring a friend.

And you would be woefully mistaken and more than a little condescending. Those poor helpless little women, always needing a big strong man with them for protection. 

You're perfectly safe. It's right in the middle of Times Square. It's literally probably the safest place possible to be outside in the middle of the night in all of New York City!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#1798Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 6:08pm

Cape Twirl of Doom said: "jdra said: "sundaymourning6am said: "To all the posters who are afraid for their safety, where are you from??? This isn't NYC in 1986. The streets are owned by Disney and the NYPD. You're right next to damn Marriot. Put on your big kid pants. You're fine. "

And you would be woefully mistaken and more than a little condescending. Those poor helpless little women, always needing a big strong man with them for protection. 

You're perfectly safe. It's right in the middle of Times Square. It's literally probably the safest place possible to be outside in the middle of the night in all of New York City!

Well, everyone is perfectly safe, until they aren't.  Look what happened at 8:30 a.m. at 48th and 8th this morning, in the middle of rush hour.

I know it's right next to the Marriott, but is there much activity there in the middle of the night? Everyone should be alert and aware, and frankly, I wouldn't lie down and go to sleep unless someone else was there.  That being said, you are right that NYC is one of the safest big cities in the world statistically.

Sunshine31
#1799Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/18/16 at 6:17pm

IMO, the area around the RRT is safe. Depending on the night, you may have fellow line-sitters (Hamilfans) with you. 

@TaliBL - I felt that way also. They day I waited, the Hamilfan in front of me saw the show 5 times already. But, after seeing the show I understand why. I would do the cancellation line again in a heartbeat. 

Stubhub update (05/18, 6:15 PM): 24 tickets left. Cheapest is $757.00. LINK: http://bit.ly/1Tgeg67 

Updated On: 5/18/16 at 06:17 PM