Tony Host 2015

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#25Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 10:53am

I think Martin Short would be a fantastic host!! He would be my choice if I had to pick

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

MegInManhattan
#26Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 11:40am

Agree that Martin Short would be fantastic! He and Nathan Lane together would be an interesting idea too.

I'm a fan of Morrison and Criss and they're "big" names with Glee, but I don't think they have the proven personalities outside of there characters to be host. MAYBE co-hosts. Benati would be great but she's just a minor character on Nashville (which isn't as popular as Glee), so I don't think is a big enough name.

Broadway Geek2
#27Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 11:43am

Alan Cumming and Christine Baranski (from the CBS show "The Good Wife")?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#28Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 11:59am

I don't think Darren Criss would be looked at as a viable choice anyway, but during the Tonys he'll be in the middle of his run as Hedwig. I doubt he'll have the time or the energy to also host a major awards show.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#29Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 12:05pm

Criss is way too young and inexperienced to tackle hosting duties.

....but the world goes 'round

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#30Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 2:38pm

It's Corden, his show will move to NY for the two weeks leading up and he'll have off the week after.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#31Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 2:41pm

Someone who isn't that self-satisfied little man called Neil Patrick Harris.

What the show really needs is a creative staff that realizes that the show is about the theater and will be watched mostly by theater-lovers, and doesn't need a bunch of hack TV and pop stars to "brighten" the proceedings. And the Best Score and Best Book categories on TV in their entirety. That, too.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#32Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 2:48pm

Well some of these so-called 'hack TV and Pop stars' happen to ether support or even appeared on Broadway...

Wilmingtom
#33Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 3:34pm

It's a television special and the network needs ratings. I'd suggest forgoing the single host format and lining up lots of dynamic presenters.

IvyLynn
#34Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 5:29pm

Not a speculation as to whom, but when do you guys think we can expect an announcement? Probably not too long now!

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#35Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/24/15 at 6:17pm

Someone already said its James Corden

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#36Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 10:52am

I think it should be co hosted. I love the idea of co hosts to play off of eachother.

James Monroe Iglehart and Kristen Chenowith
Nathan Lane and Kristen Chenowith
Kristen Chenowith and Idina Menzel
Kelsey Grammar (spelling?) and Glenn Close
Patti Lupone and Harvey Fierstein
Billy Porter and Jessie Mueller
Glen Close and Billy Porter

other divine pairs?

any other pairings for suggestion?

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#37Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 11:18am

I agree on co-hosting. If you can't have a single, seasoned, dynamic host having a pair really makes it easy for them to play off one another. I also think it makes for a great opportunity to get a woman up there.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#38Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 11:27am

Martin Short and Andrea Martin

mamaleh
#39Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 11:34am

...and the rest of the wonderful SCTV gang? Would love that.

Jonwo
#40Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 11:44am

Corden would make a lot of sense as it would be a good promotional tool to advertise The Late Late Show. I would guess if they're doing The Late Late Show in NY for a week, it'll be at the Ed Sullivan since Letterman departs in May and Colbert doesn't start until September so they'll be able to use it before they renovate it for the new Late Show,

Stephen Colbert would also be great and he's a great presenter and has been mentioned, it would be a good way to build up excitement for his arrivial on The Late Show

SingingChef Profile Photo
SingingChef
#41Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 11:45am

My vote is for Cheno & Lithgow.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#42Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 11:51am

I'd love to see Corden and Colbert co-host. Love the idea of Corden doing his show from NYC the week before. He could invite a bunch on Tony nominees as guests that week.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#43Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 2:04pm

Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel could be a cool idea given they have been co-stars and are much more known than other Broadway names. But I always find it awkward when a host is nominated (especially should they win). I'm actually surprised they have not asked Kelsey Grammer to do it in the past.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#44Tony Host 2015
Posted: 3/25/15 at 2:11pm

Just to cross a name off the list, Idina Menzel will have already embarked upon her world tour by Tony night.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#45Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/5/15 at 6:44pm

graham norton....

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#46Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/5/15 at 7:10pm

I would absolutely love Corden as host. He's so funny, instantly lovable, quick and spontaneous, charming. I so hope he would get to do it because I'm getting so sick of NPH.

evic
#47Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/5/15 at 8:51pm

It would be amazing if they got Chita and Angela to cohost and bring back some class to the ceremony.....and there wouldn't be any gay references for the 100th time.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#48Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/5/15 at 11:34pm

Thinking James Corden but would luv...Nathan Lane & Kristin Chenoweth~

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#49Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/6/15 at 12:19am

IF it's Corden, how would they pull that off? With his show just starting I assume CBS would be less than thrilled with him taking off weeks to prepare/host an awards show no?