Tony Host 2015

Jonwo
#100Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 10:18am

I'm thinking it's Colbert and Corden but Lane and Broderick would be fine. I imagine the announcement will be either today or tomorrow.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#101Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 4:20pm

I thought we were supposed to be getting an announcement soon after that tweet.

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Wilmingtom
#102Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 4:57pm

I'm thinking they'll announce tomorrow morning along with the nominations.

Wilmingtom
#103Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 4:57pm

I'm thinking they'll announce tomorrow morning along with the nominations.

flahooley2
#104Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:03pm

ALAN CUMMING AND KRISTIN CHENOWETH WILL HOST.

Phillypinto
#105Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:04pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS HOW DO YOU KNOW?

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#106Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:35pm

On Live at 5 Paul said the 2 hosts have sung together before:

Thinking Broderick/Lane (Producers)

or Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cumming (who sung together as Lily and Rooster in the Annie remake).

Phillypinto
#107Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:37pm

yeah its kristin and alan

VintageSnarker
#108Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:41pm

While I like them both, I was kind of hoping for Corden and Colbert. I think it helps to have someone who is used to the rhythms of hosting and how to control a crowd. And sometimes Kristin tries a little too hard to be funny.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#109Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:41pm

"Sung together" is an odd phrase. I feel like if it was Lane/Broderick they'd have said "perform together" unless they were trying to be intentionally vague. 

Or I'm just over-thinking it. :-/

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#110Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:47pm

Why was Colbert such a strong prediction? He seemed like such a random choice; did he say he wanted to host in an interview or something?

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#111Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:49pm

Wouldn't it be awkward to have Kristin host if she ends up being nominated?

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

asmith0307
#112Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:54pm

"Wouldn't it be awkward to have Kristin host if she ends up being nominated?"

Hugh Jackman did it back in the 2004 Tonys (when he won for The Boy From Oz). It was in the middle of his three year stint. 

They also said that the hosts were more theatre than Hollywood people, so Kristin and Alan would fit the bill in that regard.

Updated On: 4/27/15 at 05:54 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#113Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 5:57pm

""Wouldn't it be awkward to have Kristin host if she ends up being nominated?"
 Hugh Jackman did it back in the 2004 Tonys (where he won for The Boy From Oz)"

As did Lane the year he won for The Producers (and possibly the year he won for Forum, but I don't remember).

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#114Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 6:00pm

Not gonna happen, but theatre people who've sung together?  Laura Benanti and Christian Borle.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#115Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 6:09pm

"""Wouldn't it be awkward to have Kristin host if she ends up being nominated?"
 Hugh Jackman did it back in the 2004 Tonys (where he won for The Boy From Oz)"

As did Lane the year he won for The Producers (and possibly the year he won for Forum, but I don't remember)."

Interesting! I just recently started watching the Tonys a couple years ago, so this is news to me!

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Phillypinto
#116Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 6:48pm

yeah Hugh Jackman won and hosted in 2004

Nathan Lane hosted and won in both 1996 and 2001 for Forum and The Producers

Sean Hayes hosted and was nominated in 2010

The hints Paul gave us:

-They sang together

-More Broadway than Hollywood

-One of them might be nominated

-I brought their names up a few times, and he didn't say anything. He kept shouting out the names of other peoples guesses like Lane and Broderick, which is why its not them because he wouldn't just shout out the name of the hosts. Later on he said something like "they already guess it" so i know its Kristin and Alan.

Updated On: 4/27/15 at 06:48 PM

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#117Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 6:51pm

Well, Christian Borle may be nominated too.  He's done the NBC live shows, Benanti has done Nashville.  Maybe I'm not crazy...although she's already doing the Drama Desks.

Liza's Headband
#118Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 8:04pm

So someone who fails to offer any sort of source for this claim is to be trusted? Where is the confirmation that it's Kristin and Alan? It very well could be, but it's hilarious to me that people are acting like this is official. Where is it being reported? Hm? 

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#119Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 8:33pm

"Why was Colbert such a strong prediction? He seemed like such a random choice; did he say he wanted to host in an interview or something?"

The Late Show. Since the Tony's are on CBS, and he'll be taking over for Letterman this year, I definitely could see the logic in that speculation that CBS would want to use that as a chance to advertise their new Late Night host. (But I'm not really a huge fan of his so I'm hoping it's wrong, I like the Cheno/Alan spec much more!)

"Wouldn't it be awkward to have Kristin host if she ends up being nominated?"

Not the same show, but another example is that NPH hosted the Emmy's one year when he was nominated as well. It wasn't really awkward at all, it was played more for comedy really, I think there was a joke about it in the intro, and then when his category was up, they used is as a bit before the announcement by moving him to have a seat in the audience with everyone else. I don't remember anything about the actual jokes made, but I do remember finding them funny.

Updated On: 4/27/15 at 08:33 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#120Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 9:10pm

What if it was James Corden and Jennifer Hudson? They sang together in that Late Late Show skit. ID pay to see that. (Obviously neither fits the "could be nominated" clue but it'd be pretty cool). 

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#121Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/27/15 at 9:27pm

Hmmm.  Interesting choices - if they turn out to be true, of course.  Chenoweth especially makes a lot of sense to me.  She's a true rarity in the 21st century - a genuine Broadway star who is also a bit of a household name.  She has an undeniable stage presence, sly sense of humor, is equally at home on stage and on camera and has a history assuming the host/moderator role on PBS specials.  Cumming's interesting for the same reasons but also because he's a bit of an anti-host in the way in which he shoots from the hip and has none of the Teflon game show host qualities so many of these tv hosting gigs require.  This could be really fun.  

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#122Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/28/15 at 12:16am

Hmmm, when Kristin's name was brought up early on this discussion everybody was like "no way" because it's so much work to prepare and Kristin has a very demanding role in OTTC. I love her and would love for her to host... but knowing her work ethic I find it unlikely that she would jeopardize her health and ability to give her all in her show in order to host the Tonys. This is just my gutt feeling and I know nothing. Just find it... unlikely.

And there are soooooo many people to whom those clues could apply!

Christian Borle could make a good co-host!

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
Annetteiago
#124Tony Host 2015
Posted: 4/28/15 at 6:51am

KRISTIN