pixeltracker

Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick- Page 3

Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick

Dave19
#50Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/21/15 at 6:24am

"Which I find amusing since the last time I feel I've seen Lea Michele "act through the notes" was in Spring Awakening, nearly ten years ago now (and even in that I thought she was adequate at best, certainly not anything to write home about)."

I am not saying she is the right choice. Even if she is considered, they need to do a very extensive casting process, and have all the girls sing, for example "No good deed" from the bottom of their soul, including all the long and difficult notes with all the details and nuances in each note that form the thought process of the character, and film it, compare it, and see who masters the material of Elphaba the best. There is nothing as difficult as finding a right person for roles like this. 

"everyone has very strong feelings about who should be cast (stars, unknowns, Hollywood stars who have some musical training, Broadway stars)."

Hollywood stars with "some" musical training won't cut it. Broadway stars with some or no film training tend to set the screen on fire with this material, I have noticed. (Julie Andrews for example, or actual filmed clips of others). But absolutely not all Broadway people, Hugh Jackman still doesn't understand it and doesn't sound filmic or natural at all. It is all about finding the most natural singers. Like I said, only then both the singing and acting will feel truthful.

Updated On: 2/12/16 at 06:24 AM

Showface
#51Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/21/15 at 11:47am

Too bad there hasn't been any actors in musicalfilms in this past decade that have acted through sung notes and elevated the material to a natural and filmic level with nuances and prayer-like qualities....

Oh wait!
There's been several..,,

Nevermind!

Updated On: 6/21/15 at 11:47 AM

Dave19
#52Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 6/22/15 at 5:18am

"Too bad there hasn't been any actors in musicalfilms in this past decade that have acted through sung notes and elevated the material to a natural and filmic level with nuances and prayer-like qualities....

Oh wait!
There's been several..,,

Nevermind!

"

Well described! To be honest, I can think of some people who came close, but not really there.

MattHatter90
#53Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 2/11/16 at 9:41pm

To reopen an old thread...

The actors I'd cast my vote on would be... 

Lea Michele- Elphaba... cummon she's sang most of the damn songs in Glee anyways

Either Beth Behrs orrrrr Megan Hilty as Glinda

Jeremy Jordan as Fiyero

Morible... could be so many... my fave for the role is and always will be the one and only Bette Midler... but I also like Meryl Streep, Queen Latifah or Angelica Huston...

To me. This is the ideal cast :)

Sam2
#54Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 2/11/16 at 10:30pm

Andy updates on this movie? I really hope they'll make it happen eventually. They've been talking about if for such a long time now.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#55Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 2/11/16 at 11:17pm

It's scheduled for a Christmas 2028 release - on the Broadway production's 25th anniversary.  

Production begins in London in Fall 2027.  Cast will be determined a few months earlier.  

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#56Wicked with Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick
Posted: 2/11/16 at 11:46pm

I'm wondering were there rambles of phantom and Les mis films at their 13th year milestones? If so I could see wicked just being another phantom and Les mis and waiting till their 20th or 25th anniversary.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Kavana Profile Photo
Kavana
#57Cynthia EriVo
Posted: 2/12/16 at 12:40am

Well I'm just going to put this spell out there lol. After seeing Cynthia Erivo in The Color Purple and hearing Sister Act. She IS THE VOICE.

Cynthia Erivo to play the film Elphaba 

zjb8
#58Cynthia EriVo
Posted: 2/12/16 at 1:21am

As for Elphaba, it will be a very difficult role to cast because basically everyone in the world will be upset at this point. There's no one I've seen someone suggest as Elphaba that other people don't immediately disagree with. As a star, I think Anna Kendrick could do it. Although apparently everyone on this board hates Lea Michele (and can't ever spell her name correctly), that girl can sing basically anything and I think would be terrific in the role. She has that certain vulnerability that would be great for the character and her voice is stupendous. Someone said she will be "lost to the annals of history," although she's about to co-star in that new show on Fox. She is very talented.

I couldn't agree with you more, Lea Michele would be perfect for Elphaba. She is insanely talented.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#59Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 1:25am

I say Lea Michele paired with either Annaleigh Ashford or Megan Hilty - the two immaculate Glinda's in my opinion. Anna Kendrick for Nessarose, and myself as Boq. A POC star for Fiyero. Let's start filming.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Dave19
#60Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 6:26am

Megan Hilty as Glinda is perfect. Aaron Tveit as Fiyero is perfect.

An outstanding singing Elphaba will be necessary.

They better start filming soon before the perfect choices get too old, if they not already are.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#61Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 7:11am

By the time they actually make this movie, Seyfried will be old enough to play Madame Morrible.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#62Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 10:39am

Cummon?  Rambles?  

Is this that Ozzification language?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#63Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 10:44am

best12bars said: "By the time they actually make this movie, Seyfried will be old enough to play Madame Morrible."

I was just thinking by the time they make this movie, Lea Salonga's daughter will be old enough for Elphaba, Megan Hilty's daughter will be old enough to play Glinda.  Idina Menzel/Taye Diggs' son will be old enough to play Fiyero.  

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#64Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 10:52am

The amount of time it's taking to get this film off the ground...

Wicked Movie Dream Cast

Shrek3
#65Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 10:56am

No reason to rush this. Having a Wicked film while the show is still running is just stupid. 

Dave19
#66Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 12:13pm

Shrek3 said: "No reason to rush this. Having a Wicked film while the show is still running is just stupid. 

"

You mean like having a Les Mis film, a Phantom film, etc, is also stupid.

If anything, it seems to boost the theatre ticket sales.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#67Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 2/12/16 at 5:23pm

My opinion on Anna Kendrick as Elphaba is this. That girl can SING. She's proven it in Pitch Perfect, Into the Woods, The Last Five Years, Camp, High Society, SO many times she has proven it. I love everything about Anna Kendrick and I think she is phenomenal, but she definitely makes a better Nessarose or Galinda than an Elphaba. However, if she were to get cast, I could see her surprising us all and absolutely SLAYING the role. Having said that, this is my dream cast:

Samantha Barks - Elphaba

Megan Hilty, or Kara Lindsay - Galinda

Aaron Tveit (provided he's not too old by that time), or Zac Efron - Fiyero

Meryl Streep - Madame Morrible

Maybe Richard Gere - Doctor Dillamond

Joel Grey - The Wizard

Anna Kendrick - Nessarose

Daniel Radcliffe - Boq

Samantha Barks sang Defying Gravity on I'd do Anything when she was 17 and it was good, not great, but that was almost 7 years ago and she has grown so much! She would do great! 

For the post regarding Cynthia Erivo, I personally LOVE her, but I don't know how she would work on Film and Elphaba, but I think she could KILL the score.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#68Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:23pm

Any new dream casts?

Call_me_jorge
#69Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/8/16 at 11:45pm

Um no

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

vdirects
#70Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:09am

Jessetenny said: "Any new dream casts?

"

My picks for the film version of the musical

Elphaba --- Lea Michelle or Keke Palmer

Galinda -- Amanda Seyfred

Fiyero -- Nick Jonas or Jonathan Groff

Nessa -- Ana Kenderick

Boq -- Darren Criss, Jonathan Groff or Nick Jonas or some Disney Channel tween

The Wizard--Morgan Freeman (too bad he can't sing) or Ben Vareen or Stephen Baldwin

Madame Morrible: Jennifer Coolidge or Carol Kane or Vanessa Williams

Honorable-if-they-were-5-to-10-years-younger-mentions:

Elphaba -- Idina Menzel or Tina Fey (if she could sing)

Galinda--Megan hilty

Fiyero--Matthew Morrison

Boq-- Neil Patrick Harris

The Wizard -- Joel Grey

Nessa-- Leah Michelle (With Indina) Tina Fey

P.S. I know I butchered everyone's name.

Updated On: 3/9/16 at 12:09 AM

Call_me_jorge
#71Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:14am

Elephaba should be an unknown.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#72Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:15am

Call_me_jorge said: "Elephaba should be an unknown."

why

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#73Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:17am

vdirects said: "Boq -- Darren Criss, Jonathan Groth or Nick Jonas or some Disney Channel tween."

His name is Jonathan Groff.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Call_me_jorge
#74Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:19am

Because no Hollywood singer or actress will be able to pull it off. Actually both Glinda and elphaba should be unknowns while the rest of the cast should just be a listers all around.

fiyero- nick jonas

nessarose- daisy Ridley  

boq- Kevin hart(don't hate me)

wizard- Michael j fox

maddame morrible- ellen(don't hate me)