#75Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:20am

gypsy101 said: "His name is Jonathan Groff."

Duh. That's what I wrote

Updated On: 3/9/16 at 12:20 AM

rodrigo_ca
#76Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 2:33am

best12bars said: "By the time they actually make this movie, Seyfried will be old enough to play Madame Morrible."

Thanks Goodness!

Let's hope it also doesn't happen.

And stop dream casting Nick Jonas as Fiyero. The producers might think this a public desire and listen to it.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#77Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 2:36am

vdirects said: "Duh. That's what I wrote"

You wrote "Groth," which is why when I quoted you it said "Groth."

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#78Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 7:51am

rodrigo_ca said: "best12bars said: "And stop dream casting Nick Jonas as Fiyero. The producers might think this a public desire and listen to it."

Can I just get a picture of nick in the pants?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#79Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:41am

Neither could handle the score, at least not based on what I've heard from them.

vdirects
#80Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:49am

gypsy101 said: "vdirects said: "Duh. That's what I wrote"

You wrote "Groth," which is why when I quoted you it said "Groth."

I have no idea what you're talking about.

"

broadwayboy223
#81Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 8:57am

Why do people keep saying Anna for Galinda? She doesn't have the range for it at all. Neither does Amanda. 

vdirects
#82Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 9:02am

Honestly, any basic broadway blond with a decent opera range can play Galinda. There are many out there. In terms of character, she is the most basic, cliche white girl character out  there (blond basic ditzy mean) and there are many people who can play it. It's not like she's that deep of a character with a complicated background like Elphaba. It's a matter of likability and celebrity.

BTW. Lea Michele is pretty much a given for Elphaba. So that really isn't "unknown"

Updated On: 3/9/16 at 09:02 AM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#83Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 9:24am

You seem smart. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#84Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 3:17pm

This thread is cracking me up...

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#85Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 5:49pm

This thread makes me sick. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#86Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 5:49pm

vdirects said: "Honestly, any basic broadway blond with a decent opera range can play Galinda."

Have you actually seen the show with a good Galinda? Watch Megan Hilty's "I Couldn't Be Happier" to know how many layers does the character have, and how a good actress can bring it out. I want Megan to be Galinda, but her chances are slim if they don't start production soon, age-wise. I am also tired of Fiyero's portrayal as a white jock - while it goes with the character, it's dishonest to the book in which he's clearly a POC.

Whoever suggested Cynthia Erivo as Elphaba has my vote. If she brings the same sensitivity to her relationship with Nessa which she shares with Nettie on stage, I'd be crying till the end of my days. And finally believe that there was some love between these sisters, which Wicked never really made me feel.

I love all current Morrible suggestions (Bette Middler FTW). To stir that pot a little more, how about Barbara Streisand? Wicked Movie Dream Cast

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 3/10/16 at 05:49 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#87Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 6:08pm

Valentina3 said: "I am also tired of Fiyero's portrayal as a white jock - while it goes with the character, it's dishonest to the book in which he's clearly a POC."

Was that clear in the book? I read it (about 10 years ago) don't remember it being that clear.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

AEA AGMA SM
#88Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/9/16 at 6:14pm

Yes, some of the characters talk about his skin being the color of sh*t. The people of the Vinkus were definitely meant to fall outside of the white standard of Shiz and the Emerald City.

Doody Fisher
#89Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/10/16 at 8:08am

Plannietink08 said: "This thread makes me sick. 

"

you and me, boo

rodrigo_ca
#90Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/10/16 at 1:00pm

Valentina3 said: "I love all current Morrible suggestions (Bette Middler FTW). To stir that pot a little more, how about Barbara Streisand? Wicked Movie Dream Cast"

The only she would consider it is if Mme Morrible sings Defying Gravity, a reprise, an original song and both parts of For Good.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#91Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/10/16 at 1:48pm

rodrigo_ca said: "The only she (Streisand) would consider it is if Mme Morrible sings Defying Gravity, a reprise, an original song and both parts of For Good."

Haha, touche. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#92Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/10/16 at 5:20pm

When this movie gets made all of these people will be too old and there will be a new crop of starlets vying for the leading roles. 

VintageSnarker
#93Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/10/16 at 5:45pm

"I am also tired of Fiyero's portrayal as a white jock - while it goes with the character, it's dishonest to the book in which he's clearly a POC."

To be fair, musical Fiyero is very different from book Fiyero. I wonder if they ever considered the blue diamonds.

Doody Fisher
#94Wicked Movie Dream Cast
Posted: 3/10/16 at 7:51pm

VintageSnarker said: ""I am also tired of Fiyero's portrayal as a white jock - while it goes with the character, it's dishonest to the book in which he's clearly a POC."

To be fair, musical Fiyero is very different from book Fiyero. I wonder if they ever considered the blue diamonds.

"

they did, but the diamonds kept falling off, so they ditched it