pixeltracker

Official "Color Purple" Revival Thread.- Page 2

Official "Color Purple" Revival Thread.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#25The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 1:05pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I feel like I'm more excited for this production than a white boy should be.

It's okay us Latinos sometimes get excited about all-white productions. It happens.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#26The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 1:30pm

This is one of my most anticipated openings of the fall, and that video just got me even more excited. Can't wait!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#27The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 1:34pm

I love the video! I only heard wonderful things about this when it played here in the UK.  Am hoping I get to see this in NYC.  Cynthia is brills!

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#28The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 1:39pm

That was stunning!! Can't wait to hear Erivo's "I'm Here".

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#29The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 1:45pm

I cannot wait until we see this in November. I need the cast album now, please!!

Broadwaywest Profile Photo
Broadwaywest
#30The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 2:09pm

I don't normally tear up at the theater, especially musicals. But Cynthia Erivo's "I'm Here" when she sings "I'm beautiful" the flood gates opened. What was so great about this production at the meneir chocolate factory, is that it was in a horseshoe, so you could see everyone else balling as much as you. I cannot wait to see how John Doyle has expanded this production for a broadway house. Hopefully the intimacy still remains intact. 

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#31The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 3:08pm

Maybe the original poster could/should make this thread the "official" Color Purple revival thread?

Broadwaystar2
#32The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 3:29pm

UCJ good call. And so it is done. 

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#33The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 3:33pm

Now the real question is how long are they going to make us wait till we get a sneak peak of here Danielle sing "Hell No!"

Broadwaystar2
#34The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 3:52pm

LOL! I'm thinking once they do the rehearsal sneak peeks??

anmiller07 Profile Photo
anmiller07
#35The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 3:55pm

Does anyone know what exactly was cut?  And is there still an intermission?

brdway411
#36The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 4:10pm

The movies was just under 3 hours. The original show ran around 2.5 hours. I cannot imagine they could cut that much and keep the integrity of the story. 

brdway411
#37The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 4:10pm

The movies was just under 3 hours. The original show ran around 2.5 hours. I cannot imagine they could cut that much and keep the integrity of the story. 

Alessio2
#38The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 7:54pm

Literally just teared up watching that video! Holy crap this looks amazing!

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#39The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 8:37pm

Cynthia Erivo can SING! Hear her sing the title song from the short-lived West End musical "I Can't Sing: The X Factor Musical" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH3eJtGMzL0 (the song stars at 3:00)

Updated On: 8/24/15 at 08:37 PM

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#40The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 8:38pm

I really hope they make a cast recording as well.

sklabam
#41The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/24/15 at 9:24pm

Good idea.

Love that one!

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#42The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/25/15 at 1:27am

Jose, I think that with this cast it would be unimaginable that a cast recording would not be released. 

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#43The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/25/15 at 3:27am

I do not understand for the life of me why in hell Jennifer Hudson is playing Shug Avery -- one would think the star would have a bigger part. Otherwise, everything sounds good to me.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#44The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/25/15 at 4:09am

I hope this runs on broadway for minimum 2 years. It such a great show, and all the cast is poc. If only more shows were like this <3

Broadwaywest Profile Photo
Broadwaywest
#45The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/25/15 at 8:44am

The show does have an intermission. Not sure what was cut, as I have only seen this version and not the original broadway staging. Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's clips from the london produciton. 

GreyGardens
#46The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/25/15 at 9:41am

I never got to see the first run. I'm really excited about this!

Broadwaystar2
#47The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 8/25/15 at 10:44am

From what I know. They've cut about 20 min from the show. The entire Africa portion of the show has been cut. Which really has nothing to do with the progression of the story. Scenes with the children have been cut as well. As there are no children in this production. So quite a bit has been cut to keep the action going. And to answer the question about JHUD being Shug. Shug Avery is a large part. She the pivotal part of Celies coming into her own. How much bigger of a part does J hud need?

Broadwaystar2
#48The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/16/15 at 8:43pm

First Official Color Purple commercial.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JYGih3emw8&t=1 

wicked1492 Profile Photo
wicked1492
#49The Color Purple Marquee is up.
Posted: 9/16/15 at 11:15pm

Has any sort of "Box Office Opening" deal or promo been announced for when B.O. opens in October?

"These rabid fans...possess the acting talent to portray the hooker...Linda Eder..." -The New York Times

Videos