pixeltracker

Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)- Page 7

Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#150Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/2/16 at 5:43pm

I LOVE It's Quiet Uptown, but the rest of this album has left me very cold. I am not too impressed with any of the songs.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#151Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/2/16 at 7:34pm

I thought Burn was the highlight of the album, honestly. I've never heard of the artist before but she was fantastic. She sounded a lot like Amy Winehouse.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#152Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/2/16 at 7:40pm

Does anyone else think Alicia Keys' track is hard to listen to?

I think I would have a preferred an album of Lin's demos.

aaaaaa15
#153Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/2/16 at 7:56pm

bwayphreak234 said: "I LOVE It's Quiet Uptown, but the rest of this album has left me very cold. I am not too impressed with any of the songs."

Strange, that's the only one I don't like.

Updated On: 12/2/16 at 07:56 PM

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#154Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/3/16 at 4:58am

There's also an album of sorts on Spotify (in some regions, at least) with track-by-track Mixtape commentary from LMM:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2wph9osbjdBBXSbB6gN1ds

BTW, I somehow didn't realise that this album would contain quite as many cut songs as it does. For example, 'An Open Letter' = that John Adams rap which was cut. Nice for completist fans who might want to make their own, well, mixtape of cast recording + mixtape album to produce an 'expanded' score.

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#155Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/3/16 at 9:35am

"I thought Burn was the highlight of the album, honestly. I've never heard of the artist before but she was fantastic. She sounded a lot like Amy Winehouse."

Really? I thought she sounded like Carol Channing.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#156Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/3/16 at 10:28am

bwayphreak234 said: "I LOVE It's Quiet Uptown, but the rest of this album has left me very cold. I am not too impressed with any of the songs.

I agree. Like 2 cuts and that is about it.

Just give the world Love.

aaaaaa15
#157Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/3/16 at 6:47pm

According to sales projections this will sell 170-180k in pure sales and 190-210k in sales plus streaming. It is also very likely to debut at #1 on the album charts. Unbelievable.

The OBC recording is also currently the fifth best selling album of 2016.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#158Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/5/16 at 11:10am

Just listened to Kelly's "It's Quiet Uptown." Even with no context, I was on the verge of tears. It's just so moving! Clarkson for the next NBC live musical?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#159Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/5/16 at 1:10pm

Here's Kelly performing on the Today Show:

http://www.today.com/video/see-kelly-clarkson-perform-it-s-quiet-uptown-from-the-hamilton-mixtape-824917059657

(I don't know what's going on with the audio at the beginning, though...)

Castle2
#160Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/5/16 at 2:08pm

Does anyone know, have any of the mixtape songs been getting mainstream radio play?

bisonnette
#161Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/5/16 at 3:54pm

Kelly Clarkson's "It's Quiet Uptown" is #43 on the Hot AC radio chart.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#162Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/5/16 at 7:16pm

I heard a snippet of "Wrote My Way Out" during a Friday night DJ set on the FoxxHole on SiriusXM last Friday night. I thought it was really cool because it was so unexpected. 

Updated On: 12/5/16 at 07:16 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#163Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/6/16 at 6:41am

I just love all the cut songs from the show.

Cabinet Battle 3 shows once again how deft LMM is at taking reams of historical info and creating a dense three minute song that encapsulates all the nuance and complexity of the issue.

Congratulations is just a great song. Renee didn't need that moment in the show, but I can't help thinking how amazing it would have been to have her sing it.

I haven't been following the threads re: Clarkson's track but I love it. She's an incredible vocalist. Lovely.

The other standout tracks for me are Immigrants (We Get the Job Done), Burn (although Andra Day's pronunciation of "Icarus" is distracting), Say Yes the This, and of course Satisfied/Helpless.

I was asking earlier if this debuts in the top 10 of the BB 200, will Hamilton be the only Broadway musical to have 2 albums in the top 10 with material from the same show? (the OBCR currently resides at #Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others).

....but the world goes 'round

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#164Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/6/16 at 6:42am

bisonnette said: "Kelly Clarkson's "It's Quiet Uptown" is #43 on the Hot AC radio chart.

"

Thanks! I was wondering about that. I actually thought it would debut higher.

....but the world goes 'round

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#166Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 12/14/16 at 4:49pm

Thank you for that JP2. That gave me chills.   Is it just me, or has Kelly's voice gotten even better with age?  I absolutely love her, and I hope she includes that version on one of her own albums at some point  (I liked her version on the Mixtape, but this takes it to another level). 

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#167Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)
Posted: 6/28/17 at 10:28am

new video for Immigrants ( We Get The Job Done)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_35a7sn6ds&feature=youtu.be

Latest Posts