On Your Feet! Previews

ChiTheaterFan
#25On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:40pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Well I was born and raised in Florida, so to say it was big news is a huge understatement. I was in 7th grade when that crash happened and our entire class wrote get-well letters to her (I think more than once).

"

Do they have the scene highlighting all the get-well letters?  That was one of the most impactful scenes for me.  As someone who was pretty young at the time and in the Midwest where I knew about it but it wasn't a HUGE deal, that scene really drove home how she and her music affected people.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#26On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:41pm

Yes, it's still there and accompanied with "Reach".

ChiTheaterFan
#27On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:45pm

Hmmm. I thought reach was a little later in the show and there was something between in Chicago. I may be misremembering, or maybe they trimmed. (The second act dragged just a bit for me but I felt it may have been my own preference rather than a flaw in the show per se.)

ChiTheaterFan
#28On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:45pm

Hmmm. I thought reach was a little later in the show and there was something between in Chicago. I may be misremembering, or maybe they trimmed. (The second act dragged just a bit for me but I felt it may have been my own preference rather than a flaw in the show per se.)

Jordan Catalano
#29On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:48pm

Not sure, but that's where it is now. I loved the second act. I cried way too much during it but there's also some really moving scenes with the walking Ken Doll Josh Segarra and Andrea Burns in there. It never dragged for me, even for a second. 

ebontoyan
#30On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 6:55pm

I love this show in Chicago and cried through most of the second act, good to read it was not only me! ?? I will be watching in Jan! Best wishes to the cast and crew and everyone involved and hope the show will find an audience!!

mpd4165
#31On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 7:17pm

Is Josh Segarra still in those white shorts at the top of the show? Because I was never more thankful for that costume choice.

Jordan Catalano
#32On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 7:21pm

Oh, yes. Yes, he most certainly is. On Your Feet! Previews

KathyNYC2
#33On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 7:38pm

ChiTheaterFan said: "Hmmm. I thought reach was a little later in the show and there was something between in Chicago. I may be misremembering, or maybe they trimmed. (The second act dragged just a bit for me but I felt it may have been my own preference rather than a flaw in the show per se.)

I would agree about the second act. I would trim it "just a tad". But it was completely moving regardless..

"

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#34On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 7:52pm

Any rush policy announced for this? 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#35On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 8:05pm

I can't wait to see this. Glad to read some of the positive feedback.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#36On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 8:31pm

Just ran by the box office and asked if they had rush, which they do not yet. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

KathyNYC2
#37On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 8:31pm

I forgot to mention, the musicians are phenomenal...the conductor and a number of the musicians are actually members of the Miami Sound Machine.  They are on stage for parts of the show....wow.

ChiTheaterFan
#38On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 8:37pm

I didn't realize they were Miami Soundmachine members!  That's so cool!  (Did notice they were great.)

KathyNYC2
#39On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 8:46pm

I know they didn't hand out playbills for the rehearsal (but we snuck a couple on the way out).

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#40On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 8:50pm

I am not a jukebox musical fan and don't see them but this is high on my list. Love Estefan and MSM. I can clearly remember the bus crash. I lived in PA at the time and it was all over our news as well. (It happened in the Pocono mountains in PA). We were a bit devastated. Was right there in front of the tv for her return at the awards. Actually a large group of us were.  Looking forward to seeing this.

Just give the world Love.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#41On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 9:24pm

Taking my mom.  Should be fun.  There is definitely a audience out there for this.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

jbm2
#42On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 9:42pm

What is the running time?

Jordan Catalano
#43On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 9:46pm

Around 2:30

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#44On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 9:55pm

Hahaha seeing this this weekend and CAN'T WAIT... don't forget that if you loved Josh in the white shorts... he's NUDE in Amy Shumer's TRAINWRECK movie... :)

sephyr
#45On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 10:07pm

I was at the dress rehearsal today and I was mesmerized. I'm not too familiar with Estefan's catalog but I was so impressed by the insightful lyrics and infectious melodies. I loved the story, which was hilarious and moving as well. I loved the dynamic with Gloria and Emilio and how the story was told. I'm glad they avoided some cliche roads they could have taken. I found myself crying much of the time which means I connected with it. I loved the actors performances. Josh and Ana while not the strongest singers were perfect for the roles overall and I really enjoyed them. I loved Andrea Burns and Alma were dynamic and the ensemble was stellar. I loved how committed everyone was to the roles and the music. I also loved the orchestrations and arrangements and I can't wait for the cast recording.

RW3
#46On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 10:18pm

We better be getting a cast recording. Also, any merch? I know that this is just the 1st preview, but I thought I just ask.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#47On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 10:23pm

So glad to hear positive things about this. Adore Gloria and I'm rooting for this one.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Jordan Catalano
#48On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 10:28pm

RW3, they had the merchandise stuff set up and I just noticed a bunch of different T-Shirts. There was an empty frame for a window card that hadn't been put up yet, but I think there was also maybe a mug? Not a ton of stuff yet but they definitely do have some things.

RW3
#49On Your Feet! Previews
Posted: 10/5/15 at 10:32pm

Jordan Catalano said: "RW3, they had the merchandise stuff set up and I just noticed a bunch of different T-Shirts. There was an empty frame for a window card that hadn't been put up yet, but I think there was also maybe a mug? Not a ton of stuff yet but they definitely do have some things.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.