pixeltracker

Fiddler on the Roof Previews- Page 3

Fiddler on the Roof Previews

A Director
#50Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 1:56am

I assume Hamilton22, CATSNY and Mr. Nowack have never seen Fiddler on the Roof.  The picture is the set for ACT II Scene 3 - The exterior of the railroad station.  In the scene, Hodel sings "Far From The Home I Love."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#51Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 1:59am

I've seen Fiddler on the Roof but only the last revival with Harvey Firestein. That one was mostly a unit set. There was nothing that looked like that.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#52Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 2:02am

And if there was a shtetl and a cart onstage, they would complain it was just the same old Fiddler without seeing it...

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#53Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 2:09am

A Director said: "I assume Hamilton22, CATSNY and Mr. Nowack have never seen Fiddler on the Roof.  The picture is the set for ACT II Scene 3 - The exterior of the railroad station.  In the scene, Hodel sings "Far From The Home I Love."

"

Yeah – because the house lights would be up and the stage completely bare during the middle of Act II Scene 3?

GreasedLightning
#54Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 2:09am

A Director said: "I assume Hamilton22, CATSNY and Mr. Nowack have never seen Fiddler on the Roof.  The picture is the set for ACT II Scene 3 - The exterior of the railroad station.  In the scene, Hodel sings "Far From The Home I Love."

"

Yeah – because the house lights would be up and the stage completely bare during the middle of Act II Scene 3?

A Director
#55Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 2:45am

GreasedLightning - Isn't it way past your bedtime?

GreasedLightning
#56Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 3:27am

A Director said: "GreasedLightning - Isn't it way past your bedtime?

"

Sorry... you are who?

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#57Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 8:03am

sethleaf2 and Dame, would you mind sharing your reactions now that the first preview happened?

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#58Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 9:27am

WHERE IS WHIZZER WHEN YOU NEED THEM

h6p8gv
#59Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 9:31am

What did they do for the dream scene

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#60Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 9:41am

Since we're asking questions: How is the choreography in it, does it honor Jerome Robbins the same way The King and I did? What are the sets and costumes like? Who was the best performer of the night? Does Danny Burstein do very good as Tevye? Were there any surprising moments that no one saw coming (like the ship in The King and I)?

Updated On: 11/21/15 at 09:41 AM

sethleaf2 Profile Photo
sethleaf2
#61Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 9:47am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "sethleaf2 and Dame, would you mind sharing your reactions now that the first preview happened?"

I'm just listening for the moment, which is really hard because I'm champing at the bit. Come on, someone comment already!!!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#62Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 9:59am

When is the last time a high profile musical revival first preview had no comments on here? 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#63Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:09am

Looks like this show isn't pulling in the millennials, only people who are perfectly content to see a show and not immediately write about it...

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#64Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:12am

No response probably means it's mediocre. I knew this revival would tank. 

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#65Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:14am

Maybe this is a perfect chance for a moment of personal introspection.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 11/21/15 at 10:14 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#66Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:14am

Hamilton22 said: "No response probably means it's mediocre. I knew this revival would tank."

The quality of previous shows has never affected whether people reviewed them quickly or not.

Calm down, girl. Someone will post something factual soon enough that you can interpret as a bad sign.

Musical Master
#67Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:15am

ljay889 said: "When is the last time a high profile musical revival first preview had no comments on here?"

I know right? Maybe tonight or tomorrow night we'll see some comments/preview reviews hopefully.

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#68Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:15am

Someone hold my earrings!

Broadwaystar2
#69Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:37am

haterobics said: "Hamilton22 said: "No response probably means it's mediocre. I knew this revival would tank."

The quality of previous shows has never affected whether people reviewed them quickly or not.

Calm down, girl. Someone will post something factual soon enough that you can interpret as a bad sign.

"I'm SURE it won't tank! Bartlet knows how to do a revival!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#70Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:40am

"

So people are just milling about like it's intermission in the middle of Act II?

And I don't recall that scene ever being played without actors.

Maybe you should see the production before belittling others who are asking a legit question about that odd photo.

Whizzer, we need you here.

....but the world goes 'round

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#71Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:41am

What is going on! So many questions. 

helvizz Profile Photo
helvizz
#72Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 10:50am

A friend of mine and his boyfriend watched it yesterday. They posted a photo from the stagedoor with Danny Burstein on facebook and the caption said "this amazing Fiddler on the roof revival". I wish they wrote reviews for this forum, I want to know more haha (Ive already messaged them asking for details!)

Updated On: 11/21/15 at 10:50 AM

Musical Master
#73Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 11:05am

Hamilton22 said: "No response probably means it's mediocre. I knew this revival would tank."

Bartlett Sher's revivals of South Pacific, Joe Turner's Come and Gone, and The King and I have received strong praise by critics and audiences for Sher and his crew's work for making these 20th century shows seem new again. I think the same thing's gonna happen with Fiddler on the Roof, Bartlett Sher has the golden touch.

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#74Fiddler on the Roof Previews
Posted: 11/21/15 at 11:16am

Just like he had the golden touch for Women on the verge of a nervous breakdown, right? The guy has had flops, he doesn't have a "golden touch". Besides, this revival is  a clear case of only being done because an actor is ready to do the role. Even if Broadway is exhausted with this show. 

I'm not against this show ( I love fiddler) but it just seemed strange to me that Sher would rush right into this massive show after JUST tackling King and I. This whole thing sounds rushed to me. 

Updated On: 11/21/15 at 11:16 AM