pixeltracker

Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread - Page 3

Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread

FindingNamo
#50Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:07am

Liked the overweight guys for a change of pace.

Chubby chasers take note!  Roxy digs the bears.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#51Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:07am

Hamilton22 said: "People started sniffing their farts about the Wiz way longer than I have about Fiddler. And at least my criticisms of Fiddler are warranted because many people have seen it. No one has seen hardly anything of The Wiz and it's already a crap show? lol okay people.

And I'm warming up to Fiddler because of the god notices it's getting. 

"

You know that the Fiddler previews thread is still around, right? And that we can all go back and check it and know that what you've just said isn't true. 

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#52Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:08am

One or two especially "light" black or Asian performers, it looked like. But the contrast in melanin was much lower than it usually is.

VintageSnarker
#53Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:12am

The Sprout performance made me wish Spring Awakening was represented. 

Andra Day was fantastic, shining through the terrible filming and proving that a simple, straightforward performance can still work. It doesn't have to be all spectacle and cutting from camera to camera.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#54Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:28am

On Your Feet  and Finding Neverland were meh. Fiddler on the Roof was freaking excellent, it seems that Hofesh Schecter has found a way to do his own thing while paying respect for Jerome Robbins the same way that Christopher Gattelli did for The King and I (which was perfection here as it was on stage). Something Rotten and The Wiz Live! were pretty good too.

VintageSnarker
#55Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:33am

Aside from Mary J. Blige's acting, I think the commercial did a better job of selling The Wiz Live! than the parade performance. School of Rock was OK. I didn't see what people have been seeing in Brightman and the performance seemed short.

VintageSnarker
#56Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 11:42am

I'm so ready to see Jennifer Nettles on stage again.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#57Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 12:00pm

I thought Fiddler looked GREAT! My son was taken by it ,too....adding it to his short list of shows.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#58Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 12:03pm

We keep saying it should be a Kelly Clarkson vehicle but what about a "Annie Get Your Gun" revival with Jennifer Nettles?

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#59Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 12:37pm

What a morning for Barlett Sher....has a director ever had two shows perform on the parade in one year before?

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#60Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 12:39pm

Did school of Rock ever perform? Only thing I was interested in watching.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#61Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 12:40pm

That is interesting. Are the original directors of shows usually involved in helping direct the television performances. I would understand why he would be involved with the fiddler performance since they are in previews, but the king and I has asociate directors that can do it too.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#62Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 12:46pm

Even if he wasn't, it s still is his production and his name is on it, so I see no reason for him not be at least a little involved. 

AEA AGMA SM
#63Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 1:14pm

BOM said: "Did school of Rock ever perform? Only thing I was interested in watching."

They were on one of the floats, so they performed later in the broadcast once the floats started making it to Herald Square. I want to say they were maybe around 11:00? (I was busy cooking so while I saw it I wasn't paying attention to what time it was). They did one of the songs that was interpolated from the movie.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#64Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 2:31pm

Hasn't the "Believe" number been so overexposed it looks like what it was today: a synergistic attachment to the already oversold Macy's?  The pan up to that Believe! over the store was a new low.

"On Your Feet" will sell tickets, however.    

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Joviedamian
#65Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 2:45pm

Have they released any other footage (Full performances) yet? I did not get a chance to see the parade and would love to view all the performances.

Also, didn't HAMILTON perform on the CBS broadcast? Which is why it couldn't perform on Macy's!

Call_me_jorge
#66Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 3:29pm

No, Hamilton didn't/doesn't need to perform on any of the broadcasts.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

UnwoundFantasies
#67Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 4:00pm

Hamilton didn't perform at all but Renee Elise Goldsberry made an appearance on CBS

Bart Sher was at both Fiddler and King and I rehearsals this morning and earlier this week. 

FindingNamo
#68Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 4:01pm

Renée Elise Goldsberry sat in with the hosts of the CBS broadcast and was her usual radiant self as she talked and talked and talked about Hamilton.

Starship
#69Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 4:07pm

Did anybody catch Cirque's PARAMOUR performance? Was it any good?

FindingNamo
#70Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 5:21pm

It was the exact same float they used last year, with the exact same acrobatics, and a lip-synched performance of the title song from "Paramour."

Wilmingtom
#71Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 6:34pm

To those of you griping about the lip synching, you need to realize that it would be impossible to do live recordings under those circumstances.

Call_me_jorge
#72Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 6:37pm

Why don't they film the performances inside like CBS does then?!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#73Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 8:27pm

I don't complain about the lip-synching because I think it should be performed live (or could be); I vent because it's often poor lip-synching.  When it's under-rehearsed, or the number's demands are a bad fit for the technique, it renders the performances as artificial and flat. I think it's important to note that lip-synching can be effective and can be awful. And everything in between.  It's a given that it's required. The gripe is with the execution.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

FindingNamo
#74Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 8:33pm

^^^ He nailed exactly what I didn't even know I was thinking.