Andy Mientus Tweets

MoDance0934 Profile Photo
MoDance0934
#50Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 1:15am

Both Andy and Michael don't have a filter on their mouths and it really irritates me... I know for a fact that every actor in the Broadway community appreciates musicals, and know that every musical is important.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#51Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 2:27am

MoDance0934 said: "every musical is important."

OK, but if every musical is important, then none are. Words have to mean something, no?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#52Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 2:37am

*extra post to make BWW make a new page*

indytallguy
#53Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 7:35am

MoDance0934 said: "Both Andy and Michael don't have a filter on their mouths and it really irritates me... I know for a fact that every actor in the Broadway community appreciates musicals, and know that every musical is important."

Fact.

Every.

Every,.

Simply not possible for you to know this and at least somewhat unlikely to be true.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#54Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 10:25am

indytallguy said: "Simply not possible for you to know this and at least somewhat unlikely to be true."

If every actor in the Broadway community believes it, and Andy is an actor in the Broadway community, it already disproves itself, no?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#55Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 11:19am

He's a millennial. He's from the generation that feels everything they do is elevated and important of praise and if over sensitive to criticism. Makes total sense.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#56Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 12:05pm

Bettyboy72 said: "He's a millennial. He's from the generation that feels everything they do is elevated and important of praise and if over sensitive to criticism. Makes total sense.

"
RIght, because certainly if Baby Boomers had had Twitter in their 20s they would have never sent so many idiotic tweets...  Plenty of millennials don't have this issue.

MoDance0934
#57Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 9:15pm

indytallguy said: "MoDance0934 said: "Both Andy and Michael don't have a filter on their mouths and it really irritates me... I know for a fact that every actor in the Broadway community appreciates musicals, and know that every musical is important."

Fact.

Every.

Every,.

Simply not possible for you to know this and at least somewhat unlikely to be true.

"

... Answer this... Is it truly necessary for you and HateRobics to knit-pick my statement? I am allowed to chime in and make my own observation. If it's "false" then I could give a damn less. This is a forum. My input is welcomed without your ridiculous remarks. Thank you very much

Updated On: 12/1/15 at 09:15 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#58Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 9:23pm

MoDance0934 said: "... Is it really necessary for you and HateRobics to knit-pick my statement? I am allowed to chime in and make my own observation, thank you very much."

You are allowed, and you did.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#59Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 9:27pm

I did do a little spit take at the triple hyperbole of the "I know for a fact..." line. 

MoDance0934
#60Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 9:29pm

Scarywarhol said: "I did do a little spit take at the triple hyperbole of the "I know for a fact..." line. 

"

Seriously...

Updated On: 12/1/15 at 09:29 PM

Clyde15
#61Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 9:41pm

Bettyboy72 said: "He's a millennial. He's from the generation that feels everything they do is elevated and important of praise and if over sensitive to criticism. Makes total sense.

"I think you are making a huge assumption over millennials. As a millennial, I know tons of people who work thier asses off and get nothing in return. Millennials are so grateful for what thier given because we are constantly being told that it's such a tough world out there and if we don't work our butts off we won't get anywhere in life and will be failures. So when Andy is celebrating how proud he is to be in a show let him be proud. Sure the tweet didn't come out correctly but we all know what he was meaning to say. So please get over this stupid topic and move on because I can guarantee you there are much more important things in the world to worry about than this. Like Donald Trump potentially becoming our President.

Updated On: 12/1/15 at 09:41 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#62Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 9:44pm

As millennial I would like to apologize for Clyde's spelling and grammar. 

Clyde15
#63Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 9:48pm

Sorry typing on my phone, hard to go back and edit. *Fixed it

Updated On: 12/1/15 at 09:48 PM

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#64Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 9:54pm

It's funny how the older generation that looks down on millennials fails to remember who raised the millennial generation in the first place.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, you know.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

indytallguy
#65Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/1/15 at 10:27pm

MoDance0934 said: "indytallguy said: "MoDance0934 said: "Both Andy and Michael don't have a filter on their mouths and it really irritates me... I know for a fact that every actor in the Broadway community appreciates musicals, and know that every musical is important."

Knit-pick? As you note, this is a discussion board and when people make broad-based generalizations you can expect them to get challenged and discussed just like every other opinion expressed.

Every.

Every,.

"

... Answer this... Is it truly necessary for you and HateRobics to knit-pick my statement? I am allowed to chime in and make my own observation. If it's "false" then I could give a damn less. This is a forum. My input is welcomed without your ridiculous remarks. Thank you very much

"

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#66Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 1:18am

I knew a stuck up millennial was going to reply to that post and try to defend the millennial name. Just knew it.

Xoxo, a millennial.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#67Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 4:46am

I stopped giving Andy the Benefit of the doubt a long time ago. His history of self important and pretentious tweets makes it hard to excuse this one in any way. As others have pointed out, he brags about his involvement with bootlegs, going so far as too talk about his obsession with them when he was obsessed with Spring Awakening then tries to talk his way out of it when people call him out on it over twitter by saying that he didn't record it so it's ok that he listened to it (I mean...????) And so for a long time I think it's been clear that the only thing that matters to Andy is Andy and what benefits him. He needs bootlegs to hear Spring Awakening? Then they're ok. He's in a show that's being bootleged? Well that's just wrong and you should be ashamed and sorry not everyone can make it to the theater too bad for you etc etc. Well meaning or not, when someone with his kind of track record does it again, it's just really hard to look at it from the "well he meant well" angle.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#68Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 6:23am

He sounds really douchey.

Like the kind of person who walks in a room and you think to yourself "please don't come over and talk to me, I don't want to hear you humblebrag about your life".

....but the world goes 'round

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#69Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 8:59am

As a millennial, I have to say I am embarrassed how sensitive and self important a loud minority are, but the fact remains, the parents created participation medals and not keeping score in soccer games not us. 

When They Go Low, I Go High

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#70Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:44am

Double

Updated On: 12/2/15 at 09:44 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#71Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:47am

Petralicious said: "As a millennial, I have to say I am embarrassed how sensitive and self important a loud minority are, but the fact remains, the parents created participation medals and not keeping score in soccer games not us. 

"

Blaming someone else for one's own sense of entitlement is the very definition of entitlement.

But sure, I guess we could blame Andy's parents for being terrible at raising him.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#72Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:48am

Explaining. Not Blaming. 

When They Go Low, I Go High

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#73Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:49am

Millennials and Baby Boomers are just two sides of the same coin. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#74Andy Mientus Tweets
Posted: 12/2/15 at 9:59am

Millenials have Twitter, Baby Boomers have the last few decades of shortsighted economic policy. It events out.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."