School Of Rock Rush

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#25School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/25/15 at 10:03pm

Going tomorrow with friends we are thinking about getting there round 8:30. Would that be a good time to get there and still have a shot at getting tickets?

SamHoffman523
#26School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/25/15 at 10:16pm

Alex M said: "Going tomorrow with friends we are thinking about getting there round 8:30. Would that be a good time to get there and still have a shot at getting tickets?

"

Did you read anything in this post at all?

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#27School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/25/15 at 10:19pm

Yes but no has asked a specific time that would be good to get there so thats why i'm asking.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#28School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/26/15 at 7:27pm

No, but it seems like the consensus was later in the day might be a better option for better seats, i.e. not when the box office opens (or before), but in the afternoon for an evening show.

At least that's what I have take away from people's experiences.

That being said, how did it go? I think I'll try tomorrow with a friend...

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#29School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/29/15 at 6:05pm

Went to the theatre at 4ish today and rush was sold out. They did start selling standing room at 5:30. I came back around 5:10 and was second in line. The line was about 15ish people long when I left. 

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#30School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/30/15 at 11:26am

Standing room was not bad all. I was in spot 115 which was right next to the sound booth to the left. It was a great view, nothing was obstructed and there was a bar to lean on. So worth the $27!

Also, Alex Brightman is one of the nicest people at the stage door. He takes time and actually talks to everyone he can, and his performance is FANTASTIC. He definitely deserves a tony nomination.

I haven't seen any threads about the stage door, but here is some info. Sierra will come first, and quite quickly too, within about 5-10 min. Spencer and Mamie are next, and then all the kids come out in one big line about 5 min later. Alex comes out about 10 min after the kids. 

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#31School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/30/15 at 4:11pm

Rush line was one of the longest ones i have ever seen! I got there at 8:30 and there was about 17 people in front then the line kept getting longer. I was lucky to get seats!

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#32School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/30/15 at 8:11pm

Got there around 9:00 Sunday. Third row orchestra all the way to the left. Great, great show!

_IrisTInkerbell
#33School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 12/31/15 at 4:05pm

The afternoon thing doesn't seem to be working over the holidays when they are actually selling out. I just gave up for now, will try again in Jan/Feb. And hopefully they'll even bring the lottery&loser lotto back!

That being said, my friend and I made a halfhearted attempt a few days ago. We got there at 9:45, and there was a loooong time. We waited anyway because it was a 2-show day and we could have done either, but it feels like only 20-30 people got tickets, they were out of tickets WAY before us.

musicaltheatrechick
#34School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 1/5/16 at 1:59pm

Hi! My friend and I are planning to get rush tickets this Saturday the 9th for the 2pm show. Anyone have a good idea about what time to get to the box office? Thanks!! 

musicaltheatrechick
#35School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 1/6/16 at 6:14pm

bump

Hairspray0901
#36School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 1/6/16 at 6:27pm

My friend and I rushed this morning. She got there around 9 for the matinee (2 show day) and there were about 20 people in front of her. We got great seats - Orchestra full view Row P. The people in front of us were seated a few rows ahead and the people behind us on line sat next to us. Lots of empty seats this afternoon. Not sure if everyone got seats (there were still about 20 people behind us by the time the box office opened) but everyone ahead of us certainly did. I think it's still based on how they're selling for that specific show. 

Updated On: 1/6/16 at 06:27 PM

Broadway Guru
#37School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 1/7/16 at 11:41pm

I work at the show and suggest getting there fairly early if you want to come on a weekend. We are almost always sold out, with standing room, Fri - Sun.....Tues - Thurs tends to have smaller houses so I would encourage anyone who is thinking of rushing to try a weekday if they can. There should be more tickets available with better locations.

Hamilfan2
#38School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 1/8/16 at 6:30pm

I rushed on Wednesday and there was a long line, like maybe 50 people, but everyone got tickets.  It was a 2 show day so that could account for why there were so many rush tickets available, but I was at the night show and there were plenty of seats left that would have in all likelihood been sold as rush.

_IrisTInkerbell
#39School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 1/16/16 at 1:12pm

Broadway Guru, any chance of the show switching back to the lottery an time soon?

It's simply impossible for people with a normal working hours job to do rush at 10am on a weekday. At least the lottery is at 6pm, that's much easier to accommodate, and with the loser lottery tickets it felt like you still had a good chance of getting tickets even if you lost the lottery.

_IrisTInkerbell
#41School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 1/16/16 at 5:42pm

Thanks, that's good to know about certain allotments. 

I'm move back home (to Germany) at the end of April though, so summer schedules won't help. And I'll try to see all the new musicals opening this season before I leave, so I was hoping to see SoR before things get crazy... we'll see. Maybe there will be discounts when sales slow down in the next few weeks.

The rush is just inconvenient even on the weekend. I have to get up early and it's so much back and forth and extra subway money because I have to come midtown in the morning and night and blah, sorry about whining. I'm sure I'll find a way to see it, just struggling with the logistics with this one and the lottery would have been so much easier (was just too busy at work in the first few weeks)

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#43School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 2/11/16 at 7:37pm

Did they switch back to Lottery or is it still rush? 

_IrisTInkerbell
#44School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 2/11/16 at 8:47pm

There is a new topic for the lottery somewhere. They do both right now, online lottery and rush.

Adair Haywind
#45School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 5/31/16 at 12:37pm

Bump! Would anyone have an idea of where the rush seats are typically located?

Adair Haywind
#47School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 5/31/16 at 1:23pm

Thanks!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#48School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:59pm

Hi all! How has the wait been lately for rush?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ANewBrainn Profile Photo
ANewBrainn
#49School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/6/16 at 5:21pm

I hear a rumor that Rush gets you front row seats.  Is this true in any capacity?

laugard
#50School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/6/16 at 5:28pm

I picked up a rush seat at around 345 for tonight's 7 pm show (Monday). I got partial view in the orchestra, Row D. Hopefully it won't be too bad, and better than the partial view ticket I could've also gotten in the mezzanine. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#53School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/6/16 at 11:37pm

I don't know if you'll be able to answer this, PThespian. But I saw the show from the far side of the front row and was a little disappointed by how much was obstructed by the way the show was staged. I have the option to return sitting in the very far side of row O of the orchestra. Do you know if those are less partial view? Or do the far side seats further back have another unique set of obstructions due to being even farther over?

Updated On: 6/7/16 at 11:37 PM

@z5
#55School Of Rock Rush
Posted: 6/7/16 at 12:48am

Anyone know if Alex brighten shows up to Sat. matinees or stage doors after typically?