Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)

Broadwaybound94
#1Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 3:42pm

what houses are still open for spring shows such as the Neil Simon. I know other threads have been created but I want to know what could potential fill the houses in the spring?

jkstheatrescene Profile Photo
jkstheatrescene
neonlightsxo
#3Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 3:48pm

The Longacre will likely be open. Besides the Simon, that's it. As for shows coming in, who knows?

Broadwaystar2
#4Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 6:08pm

neonlightsxo said: "The Longacre will likely be open. Besides the Simon, that's it. As for shows coming in, who knows?

"

DINER

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#5Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 6:36pm

Gotta DanceAmelieAnastasiaWhorehouseCharlie/Chocolate Factory? Smokey Joe's?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#6Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 6:48pm

DINER would fit nicely into the Longacre. As for the SImon, I'm really surprised nothing's been announced for it yet. GOTTA DANCE isn't coming in until Fall '16. Maybe THE HONEYMOONERS??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

LightsOut90
#7Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 7:09pm

The rumor is The Bloody Irish is going into the Simon for a limited engagement.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#8Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 7:24pm

I found this article dated two days ago that seems to confirm THE BLOODY IRISH is opening at the Neil Simon for a limited run: http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/article1651978.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2016_01_02

I am not a subscriber, so I cannot view the whole article. It does not seem like the press release has hit any American news yet. But between this article and PBS selling tickets to see it at the Neil Simon in April, I'd say at this point it's more than a rumor. 

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

AEA AGMA SM
#9Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 9:32pm

it would be interesting if Diner came in while Waitress was still running and see how many people confuse the two. I will admit that on my first glance through this thread when somebody mentioned Diner I briefly thought to myself "I thought it was already confirmed to come in?" before I realized I was mixing it up with Waitress

BroadwayConcierge
#10Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 9:32pm

^LOL!

FindingNamo
#11Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/4/16 at 9:34pm

It'll be easy.  Diner's the diner musical about men, and Waitress is the diner musical about women.  And therefore will be the hit.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#12Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/5/16 at 12:33am

Diner has yet to get any positive reviews. They'd be stupid to bring it in, especially given this season and it's strong contenders. 

neonlightsxo
#13Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/5/16 at 9:38am

Brantley panned Diner out of town. There's no way it's coming in this season.

Buffalo Bill Profile Photo
Buffalo Bill
#14Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/7/16 at 11:38am

Nothing confirmed, but we (folks who work "front of house" at The Simon) are hearing "The Bloody Irish" and then "Cats".  We'll see, I always find this period rather thrilling, waiting to see if any of the backstage buzz is really true! 

From President Obama: "Over the years, musicals have been at the forefront of our social consciousness, challenging stereotypes, shaping our opinions about race and religion, death and disease, power and politics."

BroadwayConcierge
#16Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/7/16 at 2:42pm

Buffalo Bill said: "...and then "Cats"."

PLEASE!!!

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#17Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/7/16 at 6:01pm

Cats? Wow, not sure if I belive you. If it is true will there be a rapping Rum Tum Tugger or not? (Please no)

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

Schuyler
#18Empty Houses in 2016 (Simon)
Posted: 1/7/16 at 9:45pm

The simon is getting Bloddy irish and then Cats