pixeltracker

Hamilton in the Blizzard- Page 4

Hamilton in the Blizzard

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#75Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 3:09pm

looking through Twitter, it seems like many cast members already arrived at their theaters when the announcement was made. Some cast members don't live right in NYC & with transit being shut down at 2:30, I hope they were able to get home. Or at least be able to crash for the night somewhere.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#76Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 3:23pm

I was supposed to go to 54 Below tonight.  Will have to get a refund since I don't know when I'll be able to go next. Oh well. Will see what is on the limited channels on my hotel room TV.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Fosse76
#77Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 3:23pm

JM226 said: "travel ban in NYC going into effect at 2:30pm. Forget it. shows are not happening tonight. sorry, friend. "

But gee, you were so confidant that this storm would be nothing!

Fosse76
#78Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 3:35pm

CarlosAlberto said: "It sucks but what are you gonna do. It's a severe winter storm. Producers are not going to risk their performers well being for one day of performances and the theater organizations are not going to risk their staffs lives as well. It's treacherous out there."

I think that's a little naive. The ONLY reason performances are cancelled is because the mayor "recommended" performances be cancelled (i.e., demanded). The producers, contrary to Ms. St. Martin's statement, could care less about performers' safety. They certainly don't concern themselves with the safety of the crew or house staff. The subways will still be running in Manhattan. It's telling when the "encourage" performers to stay with friends in the city so they can get to work.

evic
#79Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 3:36pm

Many tears will be shed by thousands who paid $500 or more to see the show of the century.  No chance they will all be able to see it anytime soon.  They can always watch clips on youtube and listen to the OBC album and pretend..

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#80Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 9:57pm

Just of curiosity, does stubhub or TM+ refund tickets of shows that were cancelled due to the storm? I understand the box office will refund all original ticket buyers, but those who bought tickets through secondary market like Ticketmaster Plus and stubhub, would a refund of the price paid be possible?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#81Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 10:01pm

Ticketmaster emailed me and told me that they had refunded the resale tickets I stupidly took the plunge on this morning. Praise the lord.

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#82Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 10:17pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Ticketmaster emailed me and told me that they had refunded the resale tickets I stupidly took the plunge on this morning. Praise the lord.

"

Glad to hear that! I was wondering how they would handle the resale I was hoping it would be refunded for you!

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

BroadwayConcierge
#83Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 10:43pm

^ Thank you for the positive energy, Baiseur! Hamilton in the Blizzard 

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#84Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 10:52pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "^ Thank you for the positive energy, Baiseur! Hamilton in the Blizzard 

"

You are very welcome! Have you seen Hamilton yet? If not hopefully you can get in sometime soon! I just saw it for the first time Thursday, I did the cancellation line. It was well worth the price and the 10 hours standing out in the cold! :)

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

BroadwayConcierge
#85Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 10:55pm

Yes, I have seen it before (twice!) Hamilton in the Blizzard I'm actually pretty certain I'm just gonna drop/move my refunded money to another resale ticket for a performance this week, since I'm so antsy about it now. I'm so glad you enjoyed the show! 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#86Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 2:04am

Awe some to hear you'll be refunded!!!

Nickhutson Profile Photo
Nickhutson
#87Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 3:53am

Fosse76 said: "The producers, contrary to Ms. St. Martin's statement, could care less about performers' safety."

Ahem.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Nick Hutson Co-Presenter/Producer MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
Updated On: 1/24/16 at 03:53 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#88Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 9:58am

Everything 's on today. Who's seeing Hamilton in the blizzard aftermath?

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#89Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 10:28am

PalJoey said: " 

Everything 's on today. Who's seeing Hamilton in the blizzard aftermath?

"

Where did you see this status? It's a ghost town outside 

Updated On: 1/24/16 at 10:28 AM

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#90Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 10:30am

As of now, everyone is on.

JM226
#91Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 10:35am

hellob - you seem to have trouble with believing things. just because a show fails to post a update doesnt mean something is or isn't happening. BROADWAY IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS TODAY. enjoy 

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#92Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 10:42am

JM226 said: "hellob - you seem to have trouble with believing things. just because a show fails to post a update doesnt mean something is or isn't happening. BROADWAY IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS TODAY. enjoy 

"

Lol, i have trust issues. Thanks 

JM226
#93Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 10:55am

the internet is a dangerous place then. but you're welcome. hope you get to enjoy a show today. cheers

Sam2
#95Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 11:25am

What happens with the resale tickets on Ticketmaster and StubHub if they're not sold in time? I always check a few minutes before curtain and most of the time there are still plenty of tickets available. Do the scalpers lose their money? Why don't they just lower the price?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#96Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 11:40am

Many do, but they wait until MINUTES before curtain.  If they made it too easy (an hour before, for example) lots more people would wait until those prices dropped.  There are already folks that do so just minutes before.

I do take great joy over the people that put up the tix for exorbitant prices having unsold tickets. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dirily
#97Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 12:01pm

Does anyone have information on the cancellation line today? So curious... thought about heading there but I'm guessing the line is just as long as yesterday! 

Sam2
#98Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 3:04pm

dramamama611 said: "Many do, but they wait until MINUTES before curtain.  If they made it too easy (an hour before, for example) lots more people would wait until those prices dropped.  There are already folks that do so just minutes before. I do take great joy over the people that put up the tix for exorbitant prices having unsold tickets. "

But it looks like there are unsold scalper tickets for every single performance. I kept an eye on the Ticketmaster page today and at least 5 tickets (priced over a thousand dollar) have gone to waste because the vendors didn't lower the price. Doesn't look like a great marketing strategy, if you ask me. Off course a part of me is happy to see them lose their money, but at the same time these are highly wanted seats that won't be filled. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#99Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/24/16 at 4:09pm

Many of these re-sellers have many tickets to resell, so them losing their initial 177 dollars likely isn't a big deal to them.  If it happens often to them, then they'll drop the price.

And you can't judge much from this weekend.....with the storm and all.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos