pixeltracker

How do you organize your playbills?- Page 2

How do you organize your playbills?

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#25How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 5:38pm

I wish they would make a storage box, with just the right dimensions, for Playbills - with the acid free protection.

I've tried shoeboxes, but the size doesn't quite work, and you have to stack them on top of eachother instead of 'file' direction, like files in a file drawer.

If anyone ever comes across such an item, I'd love to know.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#26How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 5:48pm

KCW said: "Ah. Personal choice. The Souvenir programs are not my thing, but I see the benifits. Must be an organizational nightmare though. How do you do that? 

I house them in protective sleeves and then store them in a portable file cabinet alphabetically.

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#27How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 5:52pm

Thanks for the insight.

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

mpkie
#28How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:06pm

After getting some ideas off this board, I purchased 5x8 mini binders and heavy weight sleeves from Keepfiling after some Googling. The quality of the binders (~$5) are fantastic and I find them really attractive (black with green/blue/red/white insides, or white all around). I wanted to avoid the generic ones sold on Amazon since they looked a bit cheap and was not going to shell out for the official Playbill ones. They fit about 15 playbills snugly. I store them chronologically, and in the back of each sleeve I keep the tickets, slips, and any photos I took with the cast members at stage door. So it has a ton of sentimental value for me now!

I don't know how binders would translate for hundreds?! of playbills. I'm sure you can pack in potentially up to 30 in a binder if you are okay with it looking a bit stuffed.

Photocopy of the cast page is such a great idea!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#29How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:11pm

There are some pretty affordable Playbill Binders out there. Try ebay. You can get them form between 10-15 dollars each. Is that too expensive? 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#30How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:14pm

I'm in the camp that uses the binders from the Playbill Store. They're a little pricey, but my older ones have held up well over the past few years.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#31How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:19pm

I also use binders from Staples and organize them by date. 

How do you organize your playbills?

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#32How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:21pm

Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, what do the colors mean? 

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#33How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 7:54pm

Nothing, just whatever my local Staples had in stock! 

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#34How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 10:11pm

NYadgal said: "I wish they would make a storage box, with just the right dimensions, for Playbills - with the acid free protection.

I've tried shoeboxes, but the size doesn't quite work, and you have to stack them on top of eachother instead of 'file' direction, like files in a file drawer.

If anyone ever comes across such an item, I'd love to know.
"

NYadgal this is the box I use they fit very well in it. I do believe it as designed for playbills 

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/p-7847-playbill-storage-box.aspx

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#35How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 10:17pm

I have the Official Playbill Binder that is currently filled to capacity. I need to buy more sleeves. It was received as a gift some years ago, so I can't speak for its economic value, but I will say that it keeps the Playbills dust and crease free- plus the binder itself is really heavy and nice looking.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#36How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 10:19pm

Thank you for the link to the storage box!   

Can you share about how many Playbills you're able to store in one box?

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Pan_Am_L-1011
#37How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 10:23pm

I toss 'em in the bin.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#38How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 11:11pm

What works for us is leaving them heaped by the door, on the end table, the dresser and other flat surfaces. Once enough dust settles upon them, they almost look architectural.

Updated On: 2/2/16 at 11:11 PM

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#39How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/2/16 at 11:37pm

I keep most of mine in binders. But the new ones (all those from the past year basically) are in a stack on my bookshelf. I should do something about that, but I guess I'm too lazy.

broadwayfan250
#40How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:47am

I agree with others on the Official Playbill binder. I'm on my second one now and they keep my playbills in great condition. I think it's heading down the path where I purchase a new one every other year, which really isn't that bad! And when you purchase ones they come with the sleeves, or you can buy extra ones on Playbill that are relatively inexpensive.

StephieElise
#41How do you organize your playbills?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 4:17pm

KCW said: "Ah. Personal choice. The Souvenir programs are not my thing, but I see the benifits. Must be an organizational nightmare though. How do you do that?"

They don't do Playbills in Australia so paying $20-$30 for a program is my only option. It is a lot harder to organise as they are all different shapes and sizes, some have inserts for the cast bios (I guess that's cheaper to reprint for cast changes). My bedside table is an open storage cube thing, so I just have them all in there with a magazine holder for the little A5 ones that you get at smaller 'off East End' productions. I expect it will be full by the end of the year though, so not sure what I'll do then!