broadwayboy223
#300FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/12/16 at 1:19pm

Is Betsy still attached?

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#301FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/12/16 at 1:30pm

I am very curious to find out the casting of the lab, since the announcement indicates that whoever is the lab will likely be going with the show to Broadway.

I know it happens all the time with shows in the workshop phase, but it would suck for Betsy Morgan and Patti Murin if the new director recasts the roles.

JennH
#302FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/12/16 at 4:14pm

CindersGolightly said: "Oh, by the way, Corey Cott was Hans in the first lab with Betsy Wolfe and Patti Murin."

FINALLY....I've been wondering who played him in the first half of this lab back in the spring. While my celebrity crush bias really wanted Santino to do it again, I can get behind Corey. I didn't think of him at first, but it now seems like such an obvious choice I wonder why I didn't think of it...Linda like Betsy back when Lolz!  And good point about Lin...fair enough. 

As for Laura...I love love LOVE her...I do, but comedienne she is NOT. I've seen her in quite a few things from actual shows to cabarets. She just doesn't have the comic edge to her with a goofy, foot-in-mouth awkward streak that Anna needs. She'd get the ingenue, believes-in-love part of Anna for sure, but Anna isn't all ingenue like Laura herself is. Laura is still very much the "sweet and perfect classic fairy tale princess" with no real spark or imperfections, she'd just be a safe, uninspired choice. Anna is still an ingenue with a modern goofy twist which Laura isn't. While I'm not totally a Patti fan, at least Patti is funny and has that goofy streak and good comic timing. 

And I know that the production itself isn't officially cast of course, but is there even a remote chance that they they wouldn't keep Betsy at this point? I feel like everyone else could go either way but Betsy...I just have a good feeling about it, I haven't been that happy about a casting decision in ages. There's no legal obligation to keep her under the Lab contract, but I can't see them dropping her either, it sounds she's way too loved and wanted for this role for her not to go forward with it. Just one of those unspoken things. If the Lopez's have their way at all...she'll be kept. Frankly, if the whole team is smart...she'll be kept. 

As as for the question if anyone from the spring half of the lab is doing it again...from what I've been able to garner..yes they all are doing it again. It was another contractual thing producer wise... so I've heard. 

Updated On: 10/12/16 at 04:14 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#303FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/12/16 at 4:36pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I know it happens all the time with shows in the workshop phase, but it would suck for Betsy Morgan "

Wolfe

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

neonlightsxo
#304FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/12/16 at 4:47pm

It would suck for Betsy Morgan too, if she got fired from a job she never had.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#305FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/12/16 at 4:56pm

Betsy morgan would be a fantastic anna

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MANDYPATINKIN2012
#306FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/12/16 at 5:08pm

Haha.  It has been a dream of mine to see Betsy Morgan on Broadway for some time.

The Distinctive Baritone
#307FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/12/16 at 6:52pm

Oops...yes, I meant Betsy Wolfe.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#308FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/21/16 at 5:40pm

From this interview, it sounds like Betsy is still definitely involved, and quite infatuated with playing Elsa. 

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge
#309FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 8:09am

If Betsy is still attached I wonder if Patti, Corey and Oak are still involved too. I would think Bandstand wouldn't allow Corey to be involved. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Month-Long-Lab-for-Disneys-FROZEN-Stage-Musical-Begins-Today-in-New-York-City-20161024

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

broadwayguy91
#310FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 9:00am

Call_me_jorge said: "If Betsy is still attached I wonder if Patti, Corey and Oak are still involved too. I would think Bandstand wouldn't allow Corey to be involved. https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Month-Long-Lab-for-Disneys-FROZEN-Stage-Musical-Begins-Today-in-New-York-City-20161024

"

depends on how long his contract with Bandstand is. if its a typical one year contract, and if he doesn't renew it, he will be free by April 2017.

Call_me_jorge
#311FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 9:10am

Do you mean 2018? 

broadwayguy91
#312FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 9:13am

oh yeah, 2018. thanks for the correction 

Even then it's possible that Corey and his agent negotitiated that he can leave Bandstand early. 

Updated On: 10/24/16 at 09:13 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#313FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 9:20am

No, 2017 to do the pre-Broadway run

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#314FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 9:24am

Call_me_jorge said: "Do you mean 2018?"

??????to Jorge's point, Cott will need to be free before August 2017 or earlier for the tryout. It's not rare, but still odd to try out material with another performer if you know you're going to replace them before even starting rehearsals.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#315FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 9:29am

Fan-made, obviously, but I desperately wish this were the real cast album artwork. It's perfect.FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

broadwayguy91
#316FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 9:36am

Valentina3 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Do you mean 2018?"

??????to Jorge's point, Cott will need to be free before August 2017 or earlier for the tryout. It's not rare, but still odd to try out material with another performer if you know you're going to replace them before even starting rehearsals.

"

*JeremyJordanFindingNeverlandcoughcough*

also, not to be a pessimist, but will Bandstand even last past May 2017. (sorry)

Updated On: 10/24/16 at 09:36 AM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#317FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 9:37am

They didn't know Jordan was going to be replaced. Next.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

The Distinctive Baritone
#318FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 10:07am

So...who's in the lab that starts today? According to the casting notice this would theoretically also be the Broadway cast.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#319FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 10:46am

The cast may have NDAs.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#320FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 11:50am

I pray Betsy Wolfe is still attached.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

CarlAlan610
#321FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 1:30pm

Valentina - I do not believe for a SECOND that didn't know they were going to replace Jordan. They knew the entire time they were going to go with Morrison - even if they didn't tell Jordan or his agents that. 

CindersGolightly
#322FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 8:52pm

Betsy posted that she had a great first day of rehearsal today, and "Falsettos" is well out of rehearsal, so I'm inclined to believe she's certainly still attached, and thank GOODNESS.

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#323FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 11:39pm

I'm thinking Emily Padgett or Laurie Veldheer could be great in the role of Anna.

CindersGolightly
#324FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 10/24/16 at 11:44pm

Emily Padgett would be a marvel as Anna. She does have "Sweet Charity" which is rumored to transfer, as well as the revival of "Smokey Joe's Cafe" in which she's been doing all the developmental workshops, but I would much rather her take on Anna, especially opposite Wolfe.