pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 17

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

broadwayboy223
#400FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:11pm

Hope someone can shed some light on this. I'm absolutely disappointed. Betsy would have been perfection. 

Hairspray0901
#401FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:11pm

getatme said: "Can't speak much about Patti, but Caissie is contracted for the lab, Denver, and Broadway. There is, of course, a chance that things will change. But she is the Elsa they want on Broadway."

I love Caissie so this would be wonderful, but, what / who is your source? link?

JennH
#402FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:14pm

It's not Caissie that I take issue with, she's pretty right for this as well, HOWEVER...Betsy is absolutely perfect for this so whhhhyyyyyyyyyy would they toss away perfection??? It's such perfectly inspired casting!! If indeed they did toss her...if she left of her own accord, which we'll probably never know, then alright. As for Patti..she's not my first Anna choice but she's a better one than the perfect princess types that keep getting suggested. Sorry, but Anna still has or be funny and Laura.is.NOT.funny. Anna while dreamy in her own way, she's not perfect/without flaws Ala Aurora, nor put together, she's a silly goose with a comic streak. An ingenue with a twist. Laura is AALLLLLL ingenue. I NEED someone funny and goofy. And as for Caissie being contracted for all of this from here on out....yeah source please?

Anyways...what is this spring lab suddenly sprung (pun...intended?) upon us? We knew about last springs' and last falls', and wasn't there a super short one last summer? But aside from the really short one, there was also a round of audition for both spring and fall labs...what happened here? Literally didn't know there'd be a third major lab. Has any other show had this many labs?

Updated On: 3/1/17 at 06:14 PM

Kimbo
#403FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:25pm

Again, a new director and almost entirely new creative team was hired just in October, so I'm not sure what the big mystery is.  Michael Grandage is a fairly top-notch well-established director, so presumably he could get what he wants anyway, but especially since he has limited track record in developing new musicals, and with the pre-Broadway tryout slated for this August, my guess is that it was either they push back the whole schedule and delay the show yet again, or, more likely, they're doing exactly as many labs as both Grandage and Disney mutually want there to be.  (And perhaps getting the cast right played a role in that as well.)  Not much of a surprise, and certainly no scandal, given that Grandage and his new team have been involved with the project for only 4 or 5 months, after Alex Timbers worked on it for nearly 2 years.)

JennH
#404FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:29pm

Kimbo said: "Again, a new director and almost entirely new creative team was hired just in October, so I'm not sure what the big mystery is.  Michael Grandage is a fairly top-notch well-established director, so presumably he could get what he wants anyway, but especially since he has limited track record in developing new musicals, and with the pre-Broadway tryout slated for this August, my guess is that it was either they push back the whole schedule and delay the show yet again, or, more likely, they're doing exactly as many labs as both Grandage and Disney mutually want there to be.  (And perhaps getting the cast right played a role in that as well.)  Not much of a surprise, and certainly no scandal, given that Grandage and his new team have been involved with the project for only 4 or 5 months, after Alex Timbers worked on it for nearly 2 years.)

"

I wasn't necessarily suggesting that it's some big scandal, but it certainly is a surprise. At least to me. But...BETSY...like really though...

Whateverjsays
#405FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:36pm

JennH said: "Kimbo said: "Again, a new director and almost entirely new creative team was hired just in October, so I'm not sure what the big mystery is.  Michael Grandage is a fairly top-notch well-established director, so presumably he could get what he wants anyway, but especially since he has limited track record in developing new musicals, and with the pre-Broadway tryout slated for this August, my guess is that it was either they push back the whole schedule and delay the show yet again, or, more likely, they're doing exactly as many labs as both Grandage and Disney mutually want there to be.  (And perhaps getting the cast right played a role in that as well.)  Not much of a surprise, and certainly no scandal, given that Grandage and his new team have been involved with the project for only 4 or 5 months, after Alex Timbers worked on it for nearly 2 years.)

"

I wasn't necessarily suggesting that it's some big scandal, but it certainly is a surprise. At least to me. But...BETSY...like really though...

"

I'm right there with you. This would've been the role to propel Betsy to stardom, and her acting and singing would've captured Elsa perfectly. I won't be seeing this without her

10086sunset
#406FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:41pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Disappointed that it isn't Betsy, but Cassie is divine. Wish it was Laura Osnes as Anna, but Patty is great!! Cant wait to see who's next"

Be careful saying "Patty is great" around these boards. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#407FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:46pm

getatme said: "Can't speak much about Patti, but Caissie is contracted for the lab, Denver, and Broadway. There is, of course, a chance that things will change. But she is the Elsa they want on Broadway.

"

How do you know this? I would love to see Cassie, but I'd be actually heartbroken if it's not Betsy.

a-mad
#408FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:48pm

I actually envisioned Caissie in this role when it was first announced... I think she will make a terrific Elsa.  I'm a big Caissie fan, and thought she really elevated the material in Ghost.  She sang the roof off that score.  I also think she has the right acting/demeanor to really pull off Elsa.  

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#409FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 7:07pm

Very reminiscent of the SJB/Idina situation. Prolly not though. I hope Betsy gets to play her at some point down the line. Or I hope she has some big project lined up. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#410FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 7:14pm

I'm personally underwhelmed by both Caissie and Murin here... alas, I've lost much of my interest. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#411FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 7:38pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Very reminiscent of the SJB/Idina situation. . "

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. It's even more weird bc the Lopezes were preparing her as Elsa ever since it started developing.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#412FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 7:49pm

Meh.  

Love Cassie but zero interest in Patti.  Count me out 

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

pupscotch
#413FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 7:51pm

I wonder if Betsy is taking on another project? I can't imagine why she would leave Frozen, which is almost guaranteed to be one of the biggest musicals on Broadway, but she would have been absolutely perfect and I  hate thinking that the new team didn't want her (even though that's most likely the case). I was so so excited to see Betsy in this, and hearing that it's not her has dampened my excitement quite a bit.

Blue_Lotus Profile Photo
Blue_Lotus
#414FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 8:09pm

Oh my. My heart is broken that Betsy isn't going forward with Frozen. I felt she was a perfect fit for the role. 

I'm crazy about Caissie Levy though and she's a solid belter and it's really a no-brainer that she was chosen, she successfully played two roles made famous by Idina Menzel: Maureen Johnson in Rent and Elphaba in Wicked. 

Patti Murin has the right amount of adorkable-ness that's needed for the role of Anna.

Has anyone attended any of these workshops or read/heard any of the new material being incorporated to expand the story for the stage?

...i am an infinite soul in a human body who is in the process of never ending growth...

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#415FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 9:03pm

Zero percent interest.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge
#416FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 9:08pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Very reminiscent of the SJB/Idina situation. . "

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. It's even more weird bc the Lopezes were preparing her as Elsa ever since it started developing.

"

I wonder how much more leverage Grandage had over the lopezes when casting.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#417FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 9:13pm

Still Patti, still no interest.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#418FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 9:20pm

Maybe Betsy is doing mean girls as Cady? That would be perfect!

Call_me_jorge
#419FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 9:38pm

^or the rumored carousel revival? If Jessie reprises Carrie, Betsy would make a superb Julie. 

CoolDogeGuy Profile Photo
CoolDogeGuy
#420FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 9:56pm

WHAT IF in this version of Frozen, THEY MAKE ELSA A LESBIAN

HELLO PEOPLE! :D

VintageSnarker
#421FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 10:07pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I am honestly so disappointed with this casting and can only hope to some higher power that it changes by the time the show lands on Broadway.*

*Edit: by which I specifically mean Betsy Wolfe playing Elsa and literally anybody else playing Anna. Sorry. I'll be blunt about it. Love Caissie Levy but I don't think this is the role for her.

Yes, all of this. I could picture Betsy overcoming the Anna casting but something about this casting comes across very bland. 

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#422FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 10:46pm

Cassie Levy stole my heart in First Daughter Suite (along with the rest of the cast!) so I'm thrilled for her. She's gonna belt "Let It Go" off the rood. I'm rather happy about Wolfe - I can't stand her voice. Her "Last Five Years" recording is, to me, virtually unlistenable.I thought she was fine in "Falsettos", but that's probably because she didn't have that much material. Maybe Betsy Morgan can take on Anna down the road and bring back the First Daughter dynamic. She would also be a phenomenal Elsa - what a voice.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

disneybroadwayfan22
#423FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 10:48pm

Jessetenny said: "Maybe Betsy is doing mean girls as Cady? That would be perfect!

"

Honestly, why would anyone take another musical over a musical based on one of the biggest movies of the decades?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#424FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/1/17 at 11:37pm

Cassie is a great belter and a solid actress, she's perfect for this.

As for all the ones saying 'I've lost all interest now' well let's see if you post again on here when the next lot of info/pics are released. 

so dramatic. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna