#1550The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/1/19 at 11:20pm

The Cher Show 1/1/19

Front Mezz, Row JJ

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1551The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/2/19 at 5:16am

macnyc said: "I'm mad that my order history is still blank. I don't see how they still haven't fixed that. It's been weeks.

The site is so much worse that it was.What a botched job! I hope some heads are rolling.
"

It seems as if that is now only for orders you've made, but havent yet seen the show. (Or perhaps thats what you meant.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#1552The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/2/19 at 9:54am

Hey all! I am (hoping) to move to NYC by the end of the year and obviously would like a way to save $ on theatre. Do people feel a TDF membership is worth the price? Is it better to rush everything? Was looking for a general opinion. I'm someone who will likely be seeing shows alone until I meet some people so I don't know if this is a good app or not for singles. Any help would be appreciated!

LarryD2
#1553The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/2/19 at 11:22am

Mike Barrett said: "Hey all! I am (hoping) to move to NYC by the end of the year and obviously would like a way to save $ on theatre. Do people feel a TDF membership is worth the price? Is it better to rush everything? Was looking for a general opinion. I'm someone who will likely be seeing shows alone until I meet some people so I don't know if this is a good app or not for singles. Any help would be appreciated!"

Now that rush tickets are regularly in the $40-50 range, I think TDF is an option that's at least as good -- if not better -- than relying on rush. You can guarantee your seats ahead of time at roughly the same price as an average rush ticket. It's fine for attending shows on your own -- in fact, I've often thought I got better seats when I bought a single.

kmissa
#1554The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/2/19 at 11:40am

This is def a good option so you don't have to worry about rushing in the cold. You're already guaranteed a seat, you just won't know where. I've always gotten great tickets though. I like to believe I get good seats when I'm alone, b/c it's easier to fill singles than multiples.

mak136
#1555The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/2/19 at 11:42am

Cher Show 1/1/19.  Orch Center Row X (last row) but was good nonetheless. Obnoxious drunks a couple rows in front of us, ushers kept going to them to get off phone, turn off phone etc.  What's more disruptive the people with the phones, or the constant ushers? Police were then called and stood in back of the orchestra entire show, also disruptive.

Also, I had mistakenly ordered Cher tix twice because the original order was not showing up in "my orders" on the TDF site. Then noticed an email confirmation. I immediately emailed and called TDF the next morning to cancel one pair, they said they would, called twice to be certain because the duplicate orders were now listed on my orders. Refund showed up on my card, but sure enough went to the box office to pick up the tickets and they had two orders for me.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#1556The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/2/19 at 11:54am

If you go to theatre frequently, then yes, TDF is very worth it! And 95% of the time, the seats are better than rush tickets, though it depends on the show and how well it's selling...sometimes I've had prime center orchestra seats, sometimes it's on the side, sometimes it's in the mezz.

Caye2
#1557The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/19 at 2:24pm

Come From Away just got listed for Wed 1/9/19 7pm performance!

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#1558The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/4/19 at 5:16pm

Pretty Woman is up for Tuesday

Updated On: 1/4/19 at 05:16 PM

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#1559The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/6/19 at 12:16am

I was finally able to actually find a ticket for the ferryman on tdf. Saw the evening show tonight. Seat was front mezz row c on the side (21), but was able to move over after act one. Great view even before I moved.

Excellent show, great acting! Def. worth the $43!

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1560The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/6/19 at 2:08pm

Mike Barrett, you will probably find that you use TDF as well as rush. Some shows have good rush options and they're selling well enough that they're not on TDF. In other cases,  it will be the opposite. 

There are also lotteries to consider, although those are pretty hard to win, generally.

I like TDF for Off Broadway. Those theaters are so small that you don't have to worry about where you'll be sitting. 

Updated On: 1/6/19 at 02:08 PM

kmissa
#1561The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/7/19 at 4:54pm

Pretty Woman ticket for 1/8 + 1/9/19 8pm show and Come From Away 1/8 and 1/9 7pm.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1562The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/8/19 at 4:13am

Decided to just browse shows and it looks like The Barrow Group is doing BARE in June. Got an $11.00 ticket. Based on the logo, it looks like they are doing the original production.

Just give the world Love.

Damiensta
#1563The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/8/19 at 11:20pm

Pretty woman
1/8/19 mezzanine row B . Right side. Great view, horrible leg space

Caye2
#1564The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/8/19 at 11:50pm

Thanks for the report! What seat exactly in row B?

moira8
#1565The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/10/19 at 2:30pm

Ferryman is up for a few dates next week. Finally able to get a ticket to this.

Updated On: 1/10/19 at 02:30 PM

kelsey1389 Profile Photo
kelsey1389
#1566The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/16/19 at 10:10am

I feel like the answer to this question probably is in this thread somewhere but I do not have the patience for this search function today. I am eligible for TDF because I'm a full time student, and I have submitted my proof of eligibility twice now with no response. I would like to purchase tickets soon (this week) for something but haven't heard back. Anyone have a thought as to what I should do?

LarryD2
#1567The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/16/19 at 10:19am

kelsey1389 said: "I feel like the answer to this question probably is in this thread somewhere but I do not have the patience for this search function today. I am eligible for TDF because I'm a full time student, and I have submitted my proof of eligibility twice now with no response. I would like to purchase tickets soon (this week) for something but haven't heard back. Anyone have a thought as to what I should do?"

Are you not allowed to buy tickets during the period between joining and submitting your proof of eligibility? I thought you were -- although it's been several years since I last had to re-certify, so things might have changed.

Either way, I suggest calling TDF at 212-912-9770 or sending an email to info@tdf.org and asking the question directly. Hope this helps.

kmissa
#1568The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/17/19 at 9:48am

Is it not allowing you to purchase the tickets? I know before the website change, you were able to purchase while they confirmed your eligibility. I had an issue with my account once, I will e-mail you the lady's e-mail address. Maybe reaching out to her directly would be quicker than info@tdf.org? good luck.

AntV
#1569The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/29/19 at 12:13am

Anyone have a working promo code to renew? None of the old promo codes on google seem to work anymore. I used to have one applied to my account for just $10 a year and it would auto renew at that price. Now with the site upgrade it's not doing that. I don't think this is worth $40 a year, especially with the higher Broadway prices.

Also, I thought off-off Broadway tickets through TDF used to be available for everyone, no membership required. Has this changed?

Updated On: 1/29/19 at 12:13 AM

labellaragazza1 Profile Photo
labellaragazza1
#1570The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/29/19 at 3:55pm

Pretty Woman and Come From Away are up for Wednesday 1/30. 

I snagged tickets for CFA last week on TDF and the seats were orchestra- great view and a wonderful show. 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1571The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/2/19 at 12:27am

Mike Barrett said: "Hey all! I am (hoping) to move to NYC by the end of the year and obviously would like a way to save $ on theatre. Do people feel a TDF membership is worth the price? Is it better to rush everything? Was looking for a general opinion. I'm someone who will likely be seeing shows alone until I meet some people so I don't know if this is a good app or not for singles. Any help would be appreciated!"

I find it great for off and off-off Broadway. I have seen some good stuff for very cheap through TDF. I have been thoroughly enjoying shows off Broadway  this past few seasons.

Just give the world Love.

Susanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
#1572The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/2/19 at 12:32am

Mike definitely join TDF. I love in Boston and have been a member for several years. It's absolutely worth every dime.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#1573The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/2/19 at 10:30am

The offerings have been pretty sparse to say the least this last week.

ilysespieces
#1574The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/2/19 at 10:34am

n2nbaby said: "The offerings have been pretty sparse to say the least this last week."

I'm a little surprised about that, honestly. Even with Broadway/Off Broadway week, this is the slow season for tourism, especially with the wacky weather. You'd think there would be greater availability