pixeltracker

Broadway Cares Spring Collections- Page 3

Broadway Cares Spring Collections

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#50Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/2/16 at 9:45pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Anyone know if Hamilton is selling items still? I'm going on Monday and might be interested. Thanks!"

They might be out of signed Playbills and might only have posters for $250 along with signed Reynolds Pamphlets for $100 (Lin, Jasmine, Sydney).

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#51Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/2/16 at 9:59pm

sorano916 said: "NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Anyone know if Hamilton is selling items still? I'm going on Monday and might be interested. Thanks!"

They might be out of signed Playbills and might only have posters for $250 along with signed Reynolds Pamphlets for $100 (Lin, Jasmine, Sydney).
"

Cool, thanks! I'll report back after the show on Monday too.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#52Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/2/16 at 10:03pm

Robber Bridegroom has playbills for $20 and posters for $100- quite a gap there! 

ChiTheaterFan
#53Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/3/16 at 12:40am

Tonight at She Loves Me they were selling playbills for $40, posters for $100, and "dear friend" notes that are actual props used in the show signed by Zac and Laura. They ran out of posters tonight so I don't know if the cast will sign more for future sales or if that's it. 

popstarjim3
#54Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/8/16 at 8:30pm

Any new updates?

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#55Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/8/16 at 8:45pm

I was at Hamilton on Monday and all they had were posters for $250. I was a little disappointed. I thought I posted on here on Tuesday but it must have been in the Hamilton thread. 

The "dear friend" notes sound lovely! I don't think I'll be able to swing by there in the next couple weeks though. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Alexander Lamar
#56Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/8/16 at 10:15pm

Anyone going to Hamilton soon that can pick up an extra poster?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#57Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/9/16 at 6:34pm

Has The Crucible been participating? I noticed someone with a cast-signed playbill from the show earlier, and it looks too nice to have been obtained via stage dooring.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#58Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/9/16 at 8:49pm

atuomala said: "Has The Crucible been participating? I noticed someone with a cast-signed playbill from the show earlier, and it looks too nice to have been obtained via stage dooring."

They have. I think they started this week. I don't know what they're selling though.

billyelliotfan123
#59Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/9/16 at 9:08pm

Crucible only had posters and playbills. Co t remember the price though. I noticed the playbills came in a protective plastic sleeve. Is this a universal thing now?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#60Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/9/16 at 9:16pm

Avenue Q had T-shirts that said "Donald Trump is only for now". I heard they sold out of them. I got a hold of one though. They now have buttons that say it.

Just give the world Love.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#61Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/9/16 at 9:26pm

Anything at Bright Star? 

masmore
#62Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/9/16 at 11:41pm

Crucible had signed playbills for 50 dollars and posters for 150 dollars. Ciarán Hinds was holding the donation bucket at the door....

delaney725
#63Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/10/16 at 3:48pm

Saturday night, signed programs and posters were 300. I resisted. Not sure how.

mattyp4
#64Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/11/16 at 12:03am

delaney725 said: "Saturday night, signed programs and posters were 300. I resisted. Not sure how."

Which show are you referring to?  Hamilton?

As far as Hamilton selling out of stuff.... can't they just like, sign more??  I'm sure there are plenty of Playbills on hand.  (If not they can order more.)  If they're bringing in $100 a pop for signed Playbills & $250 for posters, wouldn't you think they'd just sign a bunch more?  Since it's for charity & all??

That being said, if anyone else is going this week I'd pay $250 for a poster!  My tickets aren't for November & I'm assuming you can't just walk up after the show & buy an item.  (Or can you?)  I saw it once at the Public so I'm definitely a fan.  I decided to see it just once more on Broadway & wish I had decided to go around Broadway Cares fundraising! 

smidge
#65Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/11/16 at 12:11am

Matty, I had no problem just walking in to the Hamilton lobby as the audience was exiting. I don't believe they will turn away a donation just because you didn't see the show that particular night.

Updated On: 4/11/16 at 12:11 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#66Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/11/16 at 12:14am

mattyp4 said: "As far as Hamilton selling out of stuff.... can't they just like, sign more??  "

Have you ever tried to herd actors? Broadway Cares Spring Collections

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

mattyp4
#67Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/11/16 at 12:20am

smidge said: "Matty, I had no problem just walking in to the Hamilton lobby as the audience was exiting. I don't believe they will turn away a donation just because you didn't see the show that particular night."

Oh cool.  Yeah, I was hoping that'd be the case.

Do you know how long they'll be fundraising for?  I'd like to try to go soon before they sell out but I have a concert way up in Washington Heights on Tuesday night & wouldn't be able to go until Wednesday, at the earliest.  (Dumb question but I'm assuming they do fundraising for Wednesday matinees too, right??)

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#68Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/11/16 at 1:06am

mattyp4 said: "smidge said: "Matty, I had no problem just walking in to the Hamilton lobby as the audience was exiting. I don't believe they will turn away a donation just because you didn't see the show that particular night."

Oh cool.  Yeah, I was hoping that'd be the case.

Do you know how long they'll be fundraising for?  I'd like to try to go soon before they sell out but I have a concert way up in Washington Heights on Tuesday night & wouldn't be able to go until Wednesday, at the earliest.  (Dumb question but I'm assuming they do fundraising for Wednesday matinees too, right??)
"

Collections will be done no later than the 24th. And they should have collections on Wednesday matinees.

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#69Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/14/16 at 2:02am

No collections at King and I on this past Sunday and after today's Weds matinee angry

The Crucible - They have a limited amt of 10 posters per show/day?? for $150 as noted above. They only had 3 this past Sunday.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#70Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/14/16 at 1:15pm

The Crucible is fulfilling signed playbill requests through the mail without asking for a donation.

Any news over at Eclipsed?

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

mailhandler777
#71Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/15/16 at 8:25am

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Anything at Bright Star? "

This past Sunday they had signed Playbills for $20 and signed posters for $100(I think). 

I did my typical drop a dollar in the red bucket thing. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

mattyp4
#72Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/15/16 at 9:30am

I've been so busy this week I still haven't had a chance to make it over to Hamilton.  Does anyone know if they still have signed posters left?

mattyp4
#73Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/16/16 at 11:43pm

mattyp4 said: "I've been so busy this week I still haven't had a chance to make it over to Hamilton.  Does anyone know if they still have signed posters left?"

I guess I'll just answer my own question in case anyone else is interested:

Hamilton seems to have a good amount of signed window cards left.  But the price is now $300.  (I guess that's the new price & not just a Saturday night premium?? cheeky)

mattyp4
#74Broadway Cares Spring Collections
Posted: 4/19/16 at 12:57am

I'll guess I'll be a dork & continue to reply to my previous posts & bump the thread if anyone is interested...

It's the final week or Broadway Cares collections.  Hamilton posters are still available for $300.  I was finally able to get one.  And they have signed Playbills back in stock but now they're $200.