Hamilton Lottery

KathyNYC2
#25Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 10:46am

Broadway_Boy said: "...TodayTix calls you when you win to let you know, Hamilton should do the same.  

"

First of all, I think if someone is offering you $10 lottery tickets, you should be able to check for yourself. It's not enough that they are offering them = they have to personally let you know? I don't agree...

Also Today's Tix does not call you when you win. They may call you if you didn't win at the first pick.. and then some last minute lottery tickets open up - and they'll call the next people on the list. But normally you just get an email or text.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#26Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 10:49am

MoDance0934 said: "I have been wanting to see this show since it opened and I refuse to pay $2,000+ for a ticket."

They are usually posted for $1400/seat for primo weekday orchestra seats, unless you have to go on a weekend. So, if $2K is your line, you can easily get in without crossing it.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#27Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 11:02am

Two of us have tried daily since it went online and have had no luck. You do need to keep on top of it though. I started checking to site for "did I win" usually by 5 minutes after the drawing has taken place it is posted. A couple of weeks ago I received an email at 7:20PM that I didn't win for the 8:00PM show. But usually you get an email within 5-10 mins.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

pickles2
#28Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 11:09am

I tried the in person lotto since the show moved to Broadway with no luck, but I won in the first week they moved the lotto online.

Broadway_Boy
#29Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 11:19am

Kathy, I get what you're saying about them going further out of their way to call you, but the whole point of having the front row done via raffle is to make it accessible and if on average 4 of the only 20 tickets that are raffled off are not being given to one of the 15,000 lotto entrants it defeats the point a little bit.    Also, the three todaytix lottos I won (3penny opera, Fun Home and Dry Powder) I got a call within minutes of the original winners being contacted automatically through the app, and long before the time that you had to accept them on the app.

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

willep
#30Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 11:43am

KathyNYC2 said: "
Also Today's Tix does not call you when you win. They may call you if you didn't win at the first pick.. and then some last minute lottery tickets open up - and they'll call the next people on the list. But normally you just get an email or text.

"

TodayTix certainly does call you. The one time I won one of their lotteries, my phone was dead and by the time I got it charged (still within the hour) I had gotten the original email and they had also called to make sure I knew I had won.

neonlightsxo
#31Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 12:03pm

I've won TodayTix lottos and never been called. Maybe only if you don't claim and pay right away they call.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#32Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 12:05pm

When I lined up on cancellation line all the lottery seats were claimed Hamilton Lottery.... I don't mind if the lottery seats go unclaimed since those will be sold at the cancellation line. 

I've been trying digital lottery since its inception and never won. I just hope they keep a database of who have tried the most and then do something that Book of Mormon did years ago in 2011 (or was it 2012) and have a free show to Hamilton's biggest fans (one can dream, right?) Hamilton Lottery

There are photos on instagram showing what the hamilton digital lottery winner letters look like.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#33Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 12:11pm

Mormon did Fan Day in 2011 and 2012, I think. 2012 for sure, because I was there. They used foursquare check-ins and lotto entry slips to determine who would get the free tickets. What fun! (Also, it was Josh Gad's last show, which meant additional hijinks.)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#34Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 12:13pm

I won a few weeks ago 

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#35Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 12:19pm

KathyNYC2 said: "Broadway_Boy said: "...TodayTix calls you when you win to let you know, Hamilton should do the same.  

"

First of all, I think if someone is offering you $10 lottery tickets, you should be able to check for yourself. It's not enough that they are offering them = they have to personally let you know? I don't agree...

"

That's not true in my experience, whenever I've won today tix lottery(6+ times), they call me within 10 minutes to let me know I have until X time to buy and if I'm not going then to decline so they can be offered to someone else. It just happened a few weeks ago when I won Buried Child lotto, so I know they are still doing it.

MyLife
#36Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 12:39pm

Wick3 said: "When I lined up on cancellation line all the lottery seats were claimed Hamilton Lottery.... I don't mind if the lottery seats go unclaimed since those will be sold at the cancellation line. 

I've been trying digital lottery since its inception and never won. I just hope they keep a database of who have tried the most and then do something that Book of Mormon did years ago in 2011 (or was it 2012) and have a free show to Hamilton's biggest fans (one can dream, right?) Hamilton Lottery

There are photos on instagram showing what the hamilton digital lottery winner letters look like
"

They're sold to the cancellation line for $177. Still a steal, but not the $10 a lottery entrant should get it for!

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#37Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 12:42pm

I've tried almost every day since the digital lottery began with no success.

There is something distasteful about selling the unclaimed lottery tickets for $177 when there are upwards of 10,000 entrants. The in-person lottery is much better in that regard as they will just keep pulling names until a winner claims a ticket. They really should implement a similar method for the online lotto.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#38Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 12:52pm

Cape Twirl of Doom said: "There is something distasteful about selling the unclaimed lottery tickets for $177 when there are upwards of 10,000 entrants."

What's your solution? Lottery entrants entering credit cards and then the seats being empty? If there are $10 tickets being made available, the line would get crazier.

MoDance0934 Profile Photo
MoDance0934
#39Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 1:34pm

haterobics said: "MoDance0934 said: "I have been wanting to see this show since it opened and I refuse to pay $2,000+ for a ticket."

They are usually posted for $1400/seat for primo weekday orchestra seats, unless you have to go on a weekend. So, if $2K is your line, you can easily get in without crossing it.

I've been checking TicketMaster and StubHub. The highest price I found was $2K. Sorry, I'm a broke college student without that kind of money. I wouldn't even pay the average ticket price. That's why I always opt for lottery tickets or student rush.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#40Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 1:37pm

haterobics said: "Cape Twirl of Doom said: "There is something distasteful about selling the unclaimed lottery tickets for $177 when there are upwards of 10,000 entrants."

What's your solution? Lottery entrants entering credit cards and then the seats being empty? If there are $10 tickets being made available, the line would get crazier.

The same thing they do for other online lottos. If no one claims the ticket, another name is pulled. Not seeing the difficulty here.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#41Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 1:54pm

Cape Twirl of Doom said: "The same thing they do for other online lottos. If no one claims the ticket, another name is pulled. Not seeing the difficulty here."

No one wants to start a system whereby people who live 2 hours and 15 minutes from NYC (who could have made it if they were selected 3 hours out) tries to race against traffic to make in less time to make curtain. Is your solution that they shouldn't enter then?

The system is barely broken, and every seat gets filled, so I doubt this is even on their top 100 list of things to address. If a handful of people who sit all day in front of the theater get in to see the show because someone forgot to check an e-mail, it's not the biggest tragedy.

The odds are, they weren't about to pick your name or mine at that point. Hamilton Lottery

Updated On: 4/18/16 at 01:54 PM

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#42Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 2:03pm

I recall reading that lottery tickets for the in-person system still occasionally ended up going to the cancellation line in the event of someone not having an ID to present after all of the entrants had been dismissed. Granted, that probably happened less frequently than it does now, but point is, neither system ensures that the front row seats end up in the hands of someone who took the time to enter the lottery. Either way butts still end up in the seats, and that's all that really matters.

Updated On: 4/18/16 at 02:03 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#43Hamilton Lottery
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:13pm

Bump