pixeltracker

Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season- Page 2

Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#25Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 2:33pm

This was such a good season for songwriting.

Satisfied, The World was Wide Enough, and Wait for It from Hamilton. 

She Used to Be Mine from Waitress.

The Secret of Happiness, Like Other Girls, and I Have Torn You From My Heart from Daddy Longlegs

I'm also partial to this version of Miracle of Miracles from Fiddler,

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#26Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 2:36pm

"The Room Where It Happens" from Hamilton and "Stick it To the Man" from School of Rock.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
peacelovemagic1
#27Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 3:12pm

Satisfied, The Schuyler Sisters, and Wait For It from Hamilton. From the Non-Hamilton shows, She Used to Be Mine from Waitress and Beautiful from Invisible Thread. Also a special mention to Touch Me from Deaf West Spring Awakening and I'm Here from The Color Purple. Although they're not new to this season, the revivals both elevated those songs to new heights. 

Updated On: 4/18/16 at 03:12 PM

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#28Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 3:19pm

So far it's "The Schuyler Sisters" for me.

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#29Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 4:39pm

I forgot to mention "LIke Other Girls" from Daddy Longlegs.  I adore that song!  Thanks for bringing it up, JBroadway and |ChildofEarth!

FlySkyHigh
#30Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 4:52pm

I could probably pick a different song every day from Hamilton, but the one song that tops them all by far is still Satisfied.

And though the OP didn't ask, I would have to say that my LEAST favorite song is What'd I miss. I want to like the song so bad but to me it sounds like a mash-up gone wrong. One moment it sounds like slow RnB and the next, its 'Great Balls of Fire' Rock'n'Roll. The constant tempo changes keeps messing with my head; it just doesn't work for me. I feel like it should be two separate songs. However, I have a feeling that this was done on purpose to show the quirkiness and/or disconnect Jefferson initially had from spending all that time in France.

Updated On: 4/18/16 at 04:52 PM

neonlightsxo
#31Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 4:56pm

^ I feel like you're talking about a different "What'd I Miss" but OK.

funhamilton_rent
#32Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:03pm

"Let It Go" and "Congratulations" from Hamilton

"Oh Sri Lanka" from American Psycho

"Door Number Three" and "Lulu's Pie Song" from Waitress

Oh wait...

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#33Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:04pm

FlySkyHigh said: "And thought the OP didn't ask, I would have to say that my LEAST favorite song is What'd I miss."

I admit I'm actually not a big fan of that song either. But is it really your least favorite song out of the ENTIRE 2015-2016 season? 

FlySkyHigh
#34Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:35pm

JBroadway said: "FlySkyHigh said: "And thought the OP didn't ask, I would have to say that my LEAST favorite song is What'd I miss."

I admit I'm actually not a big fan of that song either. But is it really your least favorite song out of the ENTIRE 2015-2016 season? 

Yes. I will admit I don't get the opportunity to go to as many shows as most posters on this board and certain shows just don't interest me, but based on what I've been able to listen to this season...yes. With that being said, I don't HATE the song. I just don't like it as much as everything else. It kind of sticks out like sore thumb compared to the rest of the recording to me.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#35Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:38pm

what part of What'd I Miss is rock n roll at all...

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

non-stop26 Profile Photo
non-stop26
#36Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:42pm

I can't pick one so here goes- The Room Where it Happens, Wait for It, Satisfied, Who Lives etc, opening song, Non-Stop, and You'll be Back from Hamilton. 

If I Were a Rich Man from Fiddler is good too. 

wink

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#37Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:56pm

"So Familiar" from Bright Star. 

"Bad Idea" from Waitress. 

"Waving Through A Window" from Dear Evan Hansen. 

"Touch Me" from the Deaf West revival of Spring Awakening 

"Steal With Style" from The Robber Bridegroom

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#38Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 7:22pm

Killing Spree (American Psycho)

Selling Out (American Psycho)

You Are What You Wear (American Psycho)

Not a Common Man (American Psycho)

This is Not An Exit (American Psycho)

Wait for It (Hamilton)

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

BroadwayNYC25 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC25
#39Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/18/16 at 7:36pm

hands down IM HERE FROM TCP

PerfidiousRaoul
#40Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 6:49am

I'm Here was the best live experience of my entire life for sure, but Wait for It is a better song (I feel). Also, can anyone explain the staging for Wait for It? I saw the show, but I feel like I didn't get it.. the slow spin in a circle with 4 members of the ensemble sitting in a square. Is it symbolic or anything?

Also, I love Not a Common Man from American Psycho, in saying that I've only listened to the London Cast Recording. I'd love to see Ben's rendition of it!

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#41Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 9:02am

Wait for it 

She used to be mine. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#42Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 9:04am

"Waving Through a Window" from Dear Evan Hansen, or pretty much all of Pat Nixon's music from First Daughter Suite.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

theinvisiblegirl2
#43Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 9:11am

"Wait for It" and "Non-Stop" from Hamilton, without a doubt. And I can't stop listening to "Selling Out" and "Not a Common Man" from American Psycho, so I'd say those are on my list of favorites as well.

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#44Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 11:32am

I haven't seen/heard enough new non-Hamilton shows to name a favorite, but I do like Killing Spree from American Psycho. 

As for Hamilton, my favorite song song in the show is probably Wait for It (with a few plot-specific lyric changes it could be a radio hit), although My Shot, Room Where It Happens, and Satisfied are all beyond brilliant. And Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story might be the best finale number from a musical ever written.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#45Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 11:34am

vfd88 said: "And Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story might be the best finale number from a musical ever written."

Wholeheartedly agreed.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#46Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 11:43am

It's a simple melody that punches me in the gut when I hear it. I've devoted a good chunk of my life to studying history, so a song that is reflective of what happened is a winner to me. It's simplicity is it's key.

I'm in the camp that says "Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?" should have been the tag line for the show, like it was at the Public.

BACK ON TOPIC

Not a Common Man has been getting a lot of play from me lately. After seeing the London production, i caught the Broadway production this past weekend and I really dig Ben Walker singing this song.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#47Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 11:52am

"Higher" from Allegiance

AaronRichert Profile Photo
AaronRichert
#48Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
Posted: 4/19/16 at 11:53am

theinvisiblegirl2 said: ""Wait for It" and "Non-Stop" from Hamilton, without a doubt. And I can't stop listening to "Selling Out" and "Not a Common Man" from American Psycho, so I'd say those are on my list of favorites as well."

I feel like Selling Out is a good song to open American Psycho but when you take it out of that context it's not a good song in general.

Videos