Waitress- Seating Question;

Petrichor
#1Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 9:39am

My friend and I are trying to plan a trip next month to see this show! All of the decent orchestra and front row of front mezz seats seem to be gone. Right now I'm not really in a place, or willing, to pay $220 per ticket for premium orchestra. Has anyone seen the show from rear mezz or elsewhere in front mezz? Also, is the view from the last rows in orchestra obstructed?

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#2Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 9:44am

I viewed the show from mid rear orchestra and it was fine but I would love to see it again from mid orchestra. Since there is a lot happening on stage for most of it, I think a closer view would enhance it even more.  I checked for orchestra availability and there seems to be seats in the first row  for most performances but I feel that might be too close for this type of show.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

pupscotch
#3Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 9:46am

I had partial view seats on house right row C, and I missed virtually nothing, and the seats were pretty inexpensive, so I recommend it! Just don't get partial view on the left, because you'll miss the kitchen.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#4Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 11:10am

I was in a box, with extrem side view (marked as partial view) and I didn't miss anything, except perhaps some ensemble members walking around in the wings from time to time. But I didn't miss any action. So I'm sure the orch and mezz sides will be perfectly fine as well, they'll have less side view than the box.

I did love to be close and to be able to see facial expressions, so I would personally stay away from rear mezz or rear orch and go towards the sides instead. Or risk it and wait to go to NY to buy those box seats. They are only sold at the BO, but in advance. I had no problem getting one a few days in advance, but only needed one and all seats ended up being taken, so I don't really know how much in demand they are.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 11:19am

Front mezz is always a great option.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#6Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 11:29am

I saw the show from the rear mezz and the view was just fine.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

flasaydah
#7Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 11:58am

Front mezz anywhere is great (I sat in the last row, center section, near the aisle).  There's enough of an incline so views aren't obstructed, and it doesn't feel too far from the stage at all.

ArielSara2
#8Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 1:17pm

The rear mezz is great! I sat in row K, seats 1 and and 3 (on the center aisle, house left) and the view was fantastic. The only set piece I missed was the very top of the "Joe's Pie Diner" sign, which just read "Diner" to me. Definitely one of the better rear mezz views I've had.

Petrichor
#9Waitress- Seating Question;
Posted: 5/8/16 at 6:55pm

I'm pretty relieved to hear that it seems there's no particularly bad seat in this show. I think I'll try to find seats in the front or rear mezz section, I'll run it by my friend first and see if they have a preference. 

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#10Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 8/15/16 at 12:01am

How is the view from AA or A? Stage height?

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#11Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 8/15/16 at 12:37am

How much are the box seats?

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

isaac.evans
#12Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 8/15/16 at 12:38am

I sat in the last row of the rear mezz and was totally fine yesterday - just be aware that the leg room there is not great at all.

BroadwayCrowdsourced - The New Rush Report: www.broadwaycrowdsourced.wordpress.com

#13Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 8/15/16 at 5:28am

Petrichor said: "My friend and I are trying to plan a trip next month to see this show! All of the decent orchestra and front row of front mezz seats seem to be gone. Right now I'm not really in a place, or willing, to pay $220 per ticket for premium orchestra. Has anyone seen the show from rear mezz or elsewhere in front mezz? Also, is the view from the last rows in orchestra obstructed?

I sat in the next to last row, called 'partially obstructed view' (I was right next to the sound board).  My seat was, I think, around $55-$60 and it was fine.  When I sat back the top of the proscenium was cut off, but if I leaned forward just a bit I could see everything except for a tiny bit on the extreme right hand side of stage (my seatmate told me I missed the step dancing guy stepdance himself into the wings) -- but that seems to be the only thing I didn't catch.  

That man next to me paid full price, it was just my seat in the next to last row that was discounted, and I assume the matching seat on the other side of the soundboard has the same view, more-or-less, but then you'd have the soundboard between you.

Be that as it may, sitting back there you get to smell the pies 'baking' in the lobby before the rest of the audience does. 

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#14Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 8/15/16 at 11:01am

I sat in rear mezz on the left facing the stage and didn't have any sight or sound problems.  I could even see their facial expressions.  Have fun, bring tissues, and enjoy this wonderful musical!

mpkie
#15Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 8/15/16 at 4:00pm

Half of us sat in the right box seat and the other half sat in rear mezz center. From the box (partial view) we could see facial expressions but missed the band when they were off to the side; they said they couldn't make out facial expressions from rear mezz and had full view, but view seemed fine from both seats. 

That said, none of us were impressed with the show, including the friend who was super hyped about it (she thought it was going to be better).

Ours were $79 for box (no additional discount), theirs were $84 for rear mezz after discount. I think our seats were better (thanks to _IrisTinkerbell for the tip!) since my friends in the mezz said they had trouble hearing everything clearly, while we had no trouble at all.

sharona39
#16Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 8/16/16 at 7:44am

I sat in the front row., center... it was stage height and I was looking up.  I think if you want to be close, second row (AA) would be better.  

TPIMH
#17Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 9/27/16 at 3:35pm

Thought I'd tack onto this thread. I've seen people specifically mention you want right orchestra over left orchestra. Are there thoughts on front row of the mezz (on the left) vs right orchestra (row G, five seats off the aisle) or even over center rear orchestra (row N on the aisle). I usually pick any close orchestra over the mezz but in this case the mezz seems so close.

Thanks for the help.

Jenna233 Profile Photo
Jenna233
#18Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 9/27/16 at 6:11pm

Front row mezz is great, so is right orchestra row G. You won't have any heads blocking your view if you go for the mezz, so that might be something to consider. As for house left or right, in my opinion either side is fine as long as you don't go for a partial view seat on house left.

TPIMH
#19Waitress- Seating Question
Posted: 9/27/16 at 6:38pm

Thanks for the help! Excited to see the show finally.