pixeltracker

Sweet Charity - New Group- Page 6

Sweet Charity - New Group

neonlightsxo
#125Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:57am

Re: one non-profit to another, it's not common, but it happens.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#126Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 8/30/16 at 11:57am

Thanks for the replies. I don't know much about the business end of theater. I remember reading here how someone suggested Roundabout picking this up for a Broadway run,  but being shot down because it would be going from 1 nonprofit to another.  Though I should know by now that a lot of people probably don't know much either. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

nasty_khakis
#127Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 8/30/16 at 12:42pm

Liza's Headband said: "Except that you're forgetting a commercial producer is already attached to this production of SWEET CHARITY, which probably would mean LCT rents out the Beaumont (rather than become a co-producer) provided they have the ability to do so. I'd be surprised if New Group and McCollum wanted to bring in an entity as large as LCT. What would be the point?"

I completely agree the space is too large for this production (site unseen). I was just speaking to it they could. Ryan Murphy was a commercial producers attached to Long Day's Journey into Night at Roundabout so they could all three be attached as producers. Highly unlikely and a bit impracticle for many reasons, but possible.

neonlightsxo
#128Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 8/30/16 at 12:44pm

Also LCT and Scott Rudin.

ps_ Profile Photo
ps_
#129Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/9/16 at 11:48am

Email from New Group: Due to circumstances beyond our control, the partial view seats that you purchased are no longer available for audience seating. We are pleased to be able to upgrade your seats, for free, to full view locations in the side mezzanine or side orchestra. If you purchased multiple tickets in your order, your seats are still together. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

yay, some luck! (i'm guessing the seats were pulled for all shows...)

Updated On: 9/9/16 at 11:48 AM

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
#130Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/9/16 at 11:54am

Yup, I got the same message, yay!

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#131Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/9/16 at 11:58am

That is awesome, just got the same message.

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#132Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/9/16 at 12:00pm

Me too me too! Do we have to actually do anything or are they automatically changing them?

slumdogdelaware
#133Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/9/16 at 2:09pm

Here's an answer from the New Group on my question above if anyone else was wondering:

"Hello,

You don't have to do anything; your seats have automatically been upgraded and your new tickets will be available for pick-up at Will Call starting one hour before the performance. 

Thank you,

Cathy"

bwayobsessed
#134Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/9/16 at 2:34pm

That email is the best news I've received all week

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#135Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/9/16 at 4:54pm

Wow! This has been a sucky week, but this news makes up for a lot of it! I'm so happy they didn't see fit to just refund our money.

I just replied to the email, saying thank you for handling this in such a classy way.

Updated On: 9/9/16 at 04:54 PM

LittleCheno
#136Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/9/16 at 5:03pm

This legit made my week! So glad New Group was willing to trade the tickets vs. refunding our money! I'll be in town to run the NYC marathon the next day and am so excited to see this cast the night before!

slumdogdelaware
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#138Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/21/16 at 11:44am

this must be selling very well. Now through Dec. 30! Congrats! I still wonder if with strong reviews if they'll opt to transfer?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#139Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/21/16 at 11:54am

It's selling extremely well.  I just checked for more tickets to the performance I'm attending and all that's left are 8 sporadic singles.  Most dates I also checked just have sporadic singles now.  

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#140Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/21/16 at 1:59pm

Oh, please let this transfer. Also: on Broadway.com they're saying that Cody Williams will replace Joel Perez, but he was just tweeting about this not three days ago. Anybody know if this is true? I'm sure Cody is great, but I was really looking forward to Joel in his roles.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#141Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/21/16 at 2:36pm

Great news but I am thoroughly confused by this being announced now --- I bought a ticket for a 12/21 performance back on September 2nd. So it must have already been on sale at the time but only "officially" announced through Dec. 11th? Very strange.

neonlightsxo
#142Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/21/16 at 3:40pm

That's not that strange. Happens quite a lot.

Cinders: they're both on the New Group page for the show. Can't they both be in it? Updated On: 9/21/16 at 03:40 PM

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#143Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/21/16 at 3:45pm

Well, yes, of course. But Broadway.com reported that Williams will be filling in "for the previously announced Joel Perez," which is why I asked, because they are both listed on the website.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#144Sweet Charity - New Group, tix on sale.
Posted: 9/21/16 at 3:47pm

Cody Williams has been part of the ensemble since the get-go.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."