pixeltracker

Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?- Page 4

Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#75Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 9:24pm

It makes sense to film one show with an audience and one without. So do they film two shows on one day or film on separate days?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#76Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 9:46pm

The filming dates on the sign I looked at today were for tomorrow and Friday.

Just give the world Love.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#77Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 10:03pm

3 separate performances (days) are filmed.  2 with an audience (different camera angles at each perfromance) then a performance without an audience.  The final product is the entire show edited as if it were a single performance using footage from all 3 separate performances (days) filmed.  

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#78Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/22/16 at 10:10pm

I was at the matinee today and the entire main original cast (minus Groff) was present. I was on the mezzanine (4th row with a wonderful view) so I have no clue if cameras were present, but it would have been the perfect opportunity to film the original cast (minus Groff).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#79Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 1:23am

gypsy101 said: "I was at the matinee today and the entire main original cast (minus Groff) was present. I was on the mezzanine (4th row with a wonderful view) so I have no clue if cameras were present, but it would have been the perfect opportunity to film the original cast (minus Groff).

Enjoy your shows while you're here!

schubox
#80Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 6:43am

I hope that, whenever this is released, there is an option to watch a wide shot of the whole stage the whole time. It will be awesome to see an edited version of the show, but I'd like to be able to look at whatever I want. I don't think I've ever seen a recording of a show like this, is there usually different views to pick from?

kbeth
#81Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 7:52am

I'm at the RRT and they're currently loading filming equipment inside.

AnnieBlack
#82Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 7:52am

The Vienna opera had an option with their webcasts where you could watch a static live shot of the stage- it was a great way to view things in a more traditional manner (rather than the fast MTV cuts that sometimes mar the Met Opera broadcasts) - Having it on Hamilton would be great as well

Liza's Headband
#83Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 9:00am

AnnieBlack said: "The Vienna opera had an option with their webcasts where you could watch a static live shot of the stage- it was a great way to view things in a more traditional manner (rather than the fast MTV cuts that sometimes mar the Met Opera broadcasts) - Having it on Hamilton would be great as well

"

They would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever..... ever, ever, ever..... ever., ever., ever... do that. 

neonlightsxo
#84Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 9:25am

AnnieBlack, it would also be super awesome if all Broadway would just webcast their shows for free all the time! And if money didn't exist!

buhbuhbilly Profile Photo
buhbuhbilly
#85Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 9:44am

was Hamilton filmed at the Public?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#86Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 10:55am

This thread oddly continues to function based on some assumption-for which there is zero support-that there is the slightest intention to release a filmed version of the show.  What people should expect is something akin to Broadway Idiot.

@Brody, that may be common, at least when the purpose is releasing the show on film, but here the information is 2 days. 

neonlightsxo
#87Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 10:58am

Hogan, I don't know anyone at Hamilton, but I was under the impression, based on Lin's comments on Periscope that there are 2 projects. 1 is the PBS documentary, akin to Broadway Idiot, as you say. But #2 is the filming of the entire show which is a separate project to be "thrown into Gringotts" for awhile, according to Lin.

Liza's Headband
#88Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 10:59am

^ That is 100% correct. 

neonlightsxo
#89Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 11:06am

Thanks, Liza.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#90Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 11:20am

@neon, that's right (with both projects being handled in the shoots over the next few days). What I get out of what he said is that there are no plans relative to the raw versions of the whole shoot, other than that one will, at a minimum, end up at TOFT. Could there come a day when the raw footage is edited into a releasable whole? Yes, but my sense is that that is down the road, likely far down the road. I am 99.9 percent certain Jeffrey Seller has no intention of releasing what people here are talking about any sooner than he released Rent. As I said earlier, in terms of a commercial production being released sooner in this fashion, the only one I can think of is Legally Blonde. 

neonlightsxo
#91Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 11:22am

Hogan, if you knew it was two things, why does your earlier post contradict it? "This thread oddly continues to function based on some assumption-for which there is zero support-that there is the slightest intention to release a filmed version of the show.  What people should expect is something akin to Broadway Idiot."

It's two totally different things. And it's very likely that they're going to release it in the future. Nobody said anytime soon (or at least not anyone who knows anything).

Updated On: 6/23/16 at 11:22 AM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#92Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 12:18pm

@neon, there is no contradiction in what I said. And to the best of my knowledge, there is no support for your saying "it's very likely that they're going to release it in the future." I think that is entirely dependent on what the inevitable feature film is like. If it is good, I don't think there will be an incentive in the investment in the stage film. And while I know you are not expecting it anytime soon, my sense of some of the other posts is that this is something that is on the radar. That's an expectation I was trying to dampen. 

paphillyguy
#93Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 12:19pm

This project is in dire jeopardy of not happening as there are 2 principals that can not come to terms on a contract.  Both sides are holding the line.  We will see if this happens per my source there is now a 50/50 chance. 

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#94Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 12:29pm

Given his comments in the video where he announced he was leaving, one of them is clearly Leslie Odom. 

Updated On: 6/23/16 at 12:29 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#95Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 12:34pm

paphillyguy said: "This project is in dire jeopardy of not happening as there are 2 principals that can not come to terms on a contract.  Both sides are holding the line.  We will see if this happens per my source there is now a 50/50 chance. "

I would think the documentary would still be entirely viable and that there is enough b-roll to let them fake their way through without 2 people (who besides LOJ?) I agree that a full film without the Tony winner would be DOA. I also believe they will come together at the 11th hour. 

neonlightsxo
#96Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 1:02pm

My guess is Soo and Odom Jr., given that they were the ones leading the profit sharing battle.

Hogan, paphilly is not talking about the documentary. Again, separate thing. Updated On: 6/23/16 at 01:02 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#97Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 1:40pm

neon, they are only bringing in a camera crew once. Do you not understand that? If Odom is not there for one, he is not there for the other. Paphilly is talking about what's going down this week. My point (crystal clear but I'll spell it out for you) is that if LOJ is not there, they have a workaround for the documentary but not for the through-shoot. No one is going to spend major dollars crafting a release with understudies. And it will not do the show itself any favors anyway.

neonlightsxo
#98Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 1:43pm

I don't know what you don't understand, but your attitude is insane. They have been filming this documentary all along. Since the Public. Maybe even before then. It is not going to be shot in two days at the Rodgers.

It is a totally separate project.

"PBS got access to creator Lin-Manuel Miranda and colleagues for two years leading up to Hamilton’s Broadway debut. "
http://deadline.com/2016/06/pbs-hamilton-masterpiece-fall-schedule-1201777890/
Updated On: 6/23/16 at 01:43 PM

MyLife
#99Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/23/16 at 1:54pm

HogansHero said: " No one is going to spend major dollars crafting a release with understudies. And it will not do the show itself any favors anyway"

Possibly true but I disagree. I think the understudies are fantastic and the show stands up alone without the OBC. While I prefer to have the OBC immortalized and captured, I'd rather have any version of it than none at all.