pixeltracker

Waitress Potential Cast Replacements - Page 3

Waitress Potential Cast Replacements

KathyNYC2
#50Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/21/17 at 9:11pm

ethan231h said: "Based off of everything on social media, Betsy and Sara seem to have a great relationship...so I don't know if Sara would really want to see Betsy out of a good job so its really hard to know what will happen. "

First of all, Broadway is not a friendship organization. It's a business. The winter is often a really difficult time to sell tickets. So if it's felt that Sara will sell more tickets at a slow period than Betsy, so be it. Sara nor Betsy are stupid and understand the business. It's not sticking it to your friend.

But more importantly, since Betsy originally was cast in Carousel for a spring production, she obviously would have been done at Waitress by then anyway.... her Waitress contract would have been over. As she noted, the conflict was in the fall, not the spring. 

Updated On: 11/21/17 at 09:11 PM

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#51Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/21/17 at 11:00pm

KathyNYC2 said: "ethan231h said: "Based off of everything on social media, Betsy and Sara seem to have a great relationship...so I don't know if Sara would really want to see Betsy out of a good job so its really hard to know what will happen. "

First of all, Broadway is not a friendship organization. It's a business. The winter is often a really difficult time to sell tickets. So if it's felt that Sara will sell more tickets at a slow period than Betsy, so be it. Sara nor Betsy are stupid and understand the business.

But more importantly, if Betsy had any planof being inCarousel in the spring, she obviously would have been done at Waitress by then anywayso her Waitress contract would have been over regardless. The conflict was in the fall, not the spring.

"

First of all.....ok I know this I was just making a guess....

Second: I heard from a reliable friend that Natasha Yvette Williams is the new Becky. If this is the case, i am ESTATIC.

Hairspray0901
#52Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/21/17 at 11:27pm

Maybe Sara will join again as Jenna and Betsy will be Becky. Not the first time actors have switched roles! (Judy McClane in Mamma Mia!, Bebe Neuwirth in Chicago...I’m sure there are more examples).

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#53Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/22/17 at 1:04am

Hairspray0901 said: "Maybe Sara will join again as Jenna and Betsy will be Becky. Not the first time actors have switched roles! (Judy McClane in Mamma Mia!, Bebe Neuwirth in Chicago...I’m sure there are more examples). "

That sounds...not good. I have always wanted to see Sara take on Becky, though. 

ETA: Betsy’s final performance will be January 9th: https://twitter.com/betsywolfe/status/933203346751741952

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234
Updated On: 11/22/17 at 01:04 AM

smidge
#54Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/22/17 at 9:17am

The ticket prices jump up the week after Jason leaves so I’m assuming there will be no performances with Sara and Jason together? (If she is indeed returning). Unless he decides to extend, of course. Already have tickets for 1/7 so I should be able to see Betsy.

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#55Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/25/17 at 2:18pm

Any word if Maia has indeed departed and Natasha is the new Becky?? Website still lists Maia....

curel1
#56Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 4:08pm

New casting announcement coming!

Clue #1 from Sara: https://twitter.com/SaraBareilles/status/934890480424321024

smidge
#57Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 4:11pm

Ha, just posted in the other thread too. A California pop star? Could be anyone. Anyone knows if it may specifically relate to something?

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#58Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 4:15pm

Its Sara. She was born in California Which is why its a California Poppy.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#59Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 6:17pm

I know this casting is kinda random and out of nowhere but my girlfriend mentioned how great Adam Scott from "Parks and Rec" would be as Dr Pomatter and now I cant stop thinking about it. I know it would never happen but I think it'd be a great stunt cast.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#60Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 6:27pm

I don’t think Sara would do another “what’s inside” clue game if the answer was just that she was going back into the role.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

brettarnett Profile Photo
brettarnett
#61Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 6:38pm

Yes, Natasha Yvette Williams was in as Becky this week. She was fantastic.

ElphabaGoodman
#62Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 6:45pm

Many people are speculating that the “poppy” clue is referring to Anna Kendrick, who voiced the character of Poppy on Trolls.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#63Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 6:58pm

brettarnett said: "Yes, Natasha Yvette Williamswas in as Becky this week. She was fantastic."

please tell me EVERYTHING. Why didn't the Weisslers put out a proper press about this!!!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#64Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 7:34pm

I can’t imagine Anna Kendrick would want to be fourth replacement in a show.

That being said, why does my mind keep going to Katy Perry

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#65Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 8:07pm

quizking101 said: "I can’t imagine Anna Kendrick would want to be fourth replacement in a show.

"

She’s going to be judging American Idol in March.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

getatme
#66Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 8:20pm

According to Instagram, understudy Anastacia McCleskey was on for Becky all weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb7jYv7FM2m/

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#67Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 8:31pm

quizking101 said: "I can’t imagine Anna Kendrick would want to be fourth replacement in a show.

"

Fourth? Sara was the first replacement, Betsy was the second replacment, Anna would be the third replacement. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#68Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 8:41pm

getatme said: "According to Instagram, understudy Anastacia McCleskey was on for Becky all weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb7jYv7FM2m/
"

I heard from the same friend who told me she was the new replacement, that she had a family event all weekend. Natasha's name is on the billboard by the box office. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#69Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 8:47pm

So you think Anna would turn it down, but Katy Perry, who just hosted the MTV Video awards, and is on a massive world wide tour, would do it? Oh okay...

I keep thinking it's Colbie Cailet - she has connections to Mraz and her voice is suitable for Jenna.

smidge
#70Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 9:25pm

But would Colbie justify such a high ticket price, even if Mraz extends into the replacement 's run?

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#71Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 9:26pm

RippedMan said: "So you think Anna would turn it down, but Katy Perry, who just hosted the MTV Video awards, and is on a massive world wide tour, would do it? Oh okay...

I keep thinking it's Colbie Cailet - she has connections to Mraz and her voice is suitable for Jenna.
"

I keep thinking Colbie too. 

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#72Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 9:49pm

No clue, but I know people though Mraz would be a dud and he's turned into quite the boost!

Lynsey1122
#73Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 10:54pm

Anna just posted on Instagram a bunch of pies and said I need more pies....

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#74Waitress Potential Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/26/17 at 11:10pm

I mean it is Thanksgivjng...