pixeltracker

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread- Page 14

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread

Nocredits
#325The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/29/19 at 10:12am

BrodyFosse123 said: "I forgot, but the blackout section wasn’t shot in Manhattan or Washington Heights. An extra posted a photo from the set. It was some underpass somewhere in NY."

You guys crack me up with how wrong you are, stating things like it's a fact. 

Nocredits
#326The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 6/29/19 at 10:16am

gypsy101 said: "it just struck me that they’ll probably be filming on the 4th which will be perfect for the act 1 finale!

Unfortunately, no. The 4th is a national holiday and union shows don't work on that day. But its NYC and they'll be plenty of firework action happening all around in the area before they take off. 

teddy1996
#327The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 7/18/19 at 12:40am

they have filmed most of the musical numbers already and they finished filming the exteriors. there is only one month left of filming. it’s amazing to see that this movie is finally happening. and i really hope camila hasn’t been cut from the movie. it would be a huge disservice to the movie and it wouldn’t be right at all

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#328The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 7/18/19 at 8:43am

Would it be? Maybe having no Camila gives Kevin a clearer motivation (which he sort of lacks in the original show).

teddy1996
#329The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 7/18/19 at 12:22pm

JP2 said: "Would it be? Maybe having no Camila gives Kevin a clearer motivation (which he sort of lacks in the original show)."

camila is a great character and she is a major part of the story. they can’t just cut her. her song enough is a very important number and it’s great character development for her. this movie wouldn’t be complete without her

teddy1996
#330The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 8/2/19 at 11:11pm

one of my friends who worked as an extra told me that camila has been cut from the movie. he told me that her character dies before the story begins. kevin will be widowed in this movie. idk how to feel about this. camila was important to the story and it’s such a shame that we won’t see enough on screen.

BwayLB
#331The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 8/3/19 at 9:05am

^ Bummer! But it won’t be the end of the world as long as we get a faithful adaptation

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#332The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 8/3/19 at 11:49am

As if Nina doesnt feel enough pressure on her to succeed.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#333The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 8/3/19 at 12:06pm

“Cojone, meng. La mataron. Pobre Camila.”

teddy1996
#334The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 8/3/19 at 7:44pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "“Cojone, meng. La mataron. Pobre Camila.” "

here is lin manuel singing the piragua reprise. he sounds good!! https://www.instagram.com/p/B0t0oBvnZAk/?igshid=va0la82a4xt3

teddy1996
#335The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 8/5/19 at 9:54pm

BwayLB said: "^ Bummer! But it won’t be the end of the world as long as we get a faithful adaptation"

the movie finishes filming this week. 

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#336The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 8/6/19 at 1:09am

Is Disney producing this? I mean another female protagonist WITH NO MOTHER!!!

Maybe it can be released May 10 2020..

teddy1996
#337The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 8/10/19 at 2:14pm

principal photography has officially wrapped. the movie is now in post production!!

teddy1996
#338The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 10/24/19 at 7:09pm

lin manuel miranda has said that a trailer for the movie should come out in early 2020

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#339The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 10/25/19 at 12:09pm

Would be surprised if they didn't get a trailer out to run with CATS. It's the only high profile movie musical (live action-ish) coming out before ITH's release... 

Updated On: 10/25/19 at 12:09 PM

chelseaburnside
#340The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/3/19 at 2:42pm

Going to a screening this weekend in Pasadena! Very excited - will report back.

BrodyFosse123
#341The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/3/19 at 5:20pm

chelseaburnside said: "Going to a screening this weekend in Pasadena! Very excited - will report back."

No me diga.  cheeky

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#342The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/4/19 at 11:22am

chelseaburnside said: "Going to a screening this weekend in Pasadena! Very excited - will report back."

This has kept me up all night- so I have to ask. How does one get tickets to this? 

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

chelseaburnside
#343The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/4/19 at 6:51pm

emo_geek said: "chelseaburnside said: "Going to a screening this weekend in Pasadena! Very excited - will report back."

This has kept me up all night- so I have to ask. How does one get tickets to this?
"

A friend of mine received the invitation to it from a company called Screening Squad and invited me to go. I believe it's free to register on their site for future invites!

BrodyFosse123
whitneym2
#345The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/5/19 at 2:03pm

Updated On: 12/9/19 at 02:03 PM

teddy1996
#346The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/9/19 at 2:34am

keep us updated and tell us how the movie is!! no spoilers tho lol. 

Janaenae
#347The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 12:27pm

Check it out! We have an official poster, and a trailer is apparently dropping tomorrow. Not to mention a teaser for now. 

Poster: https://www.instagram.com/p/B58Ig-DBzle/

Trailer: https://www.instagram.com/p/B58JNi5JE1_/

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#348The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 12:38pm

What an ugly poster.

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#349The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/11/19 at 12:47pm

I’m majorly excited for this movie but what is up with that poster? It’s atrocious...