HEDWIG TOUR

Terracentric
#125HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/12/16 at 1:41am

VernonGersch said: "alrighty, I'm getting tickets for Lena now...cant wait"

Oh, I wish I could see Lena again, but I can't make her other show days. I also wish they'd release a recording of her as Hedwig.  

Good description of Lena's performance here: http://www.gabbinggeek.com/2016/10/11/theater-geek-lena-hall-is-the-ultimate-hedwig/

"Ms. Hall ripped through the music like a scalpel through butter...Ms. Hall’s voice pushed her pain into everyone...The rage was palpable, intense."

Updated On: 10/12/16 at 01:41 AM

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#126HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/12/16 at 2:02pm

^  ^                                 

That write up is 100% spot on.   Man I wish I could go see her again.  For the first time ever, I actually hope a bootleg ends up on you tube at some point just so I can watch her again.   All praise to Lena Hall.  Can't wait to see what she does next. 

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#127HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/12/16 at 10:38pm

I saw Lena on Sunday too. She's a force of nature--just a beautiful, masterful, revelatory performance. She's now probably my favorite Hedwig after JCM. And the tour looks fantastic!

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#128HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:07am

Two totally unrelated items.

- When I saw the tour last week with Darren, it seemed that they added more razzle-dazzle in the lighting and projections than the staging at the Belasco with NPH. Is it my imagination or has the staging been titled a bit more toward "Broadway" and away from grunge. [What impressed me most about the staging at the Belasco is how it managed to use some of the latest Broadway tricks, yet somehow felt run-down.] Also, more painted drops rather than structural pieces on the periphery. 

- A friend just did the TodayTix rush for Lena's show tonight. He was expecting one ticket and got two. No idea if this is their policy or was just a fortunate glitch.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#129HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 1:01am

Maybe me, but I didn't think it felt run down on Broadway at all. I was actually impressed by how much production there actually was. 

Does Hedwig still rise up for the ballad at the end? I remember them going up on a pedestal that came from the stage? I'm guessing the stage was built up as they use to go into a trap door for the car sequence? 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#130HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 1:06am

Also, do we think Lena might do the rest of the tour? I mean, middle America might be more okay with a killer rock female doing the role?

theoriginoflove
#131HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 1:25am

I think it's very likely but someone said earlier in the thread that he heard that Darren and Lena are done after LA.

If that's the case, I think Shannon will take over Yitzhak and someone will be castes for Hedwig.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#132HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 1:28am

I need Lena to stick through the entire tour. You know, for my own personal sake.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#133HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 1:50am

I don't see why not? I mean, no offense, but it's a sweet gig for both of them. Don't see why they wouldn't do like Chicago, etc. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#134HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:03pm

http://www.theatermania.com/san-diego-theater/news/euan-morton-leads-hedwig-and-the-angry-inch-tour_78766.html?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge
#135HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:08pm

^ This is some of the most random casting I've ever heard.

BroadwayConcierge
#135HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:08pm

(double post please delete)

Updated On: 10/13/16 at 12:08 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#136HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:11pm

I don't think it's random at all. Euan can handle the score, is comfortable in drag and is one hell of an actor.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

BroadwayConcierge
#137HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:11pm

I'll trust you on this then, Bettyboy72! I've truthfully never heard of Euan before, and I think I'm so conditioned to hearing a big name emerge when Hedwig casting news comes out.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#138HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:14pm

BC, I do agree that we are used to hearing a higher profile name, since Hedwig may have trouble filling bigger theatres. That being said Euan is a solid talent-one who has been absent for far too long.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

asmith0307
#139HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:24pm

He was Boy George in Taboo back in 2004. He also just came off the Radio City New York Spectacular (or whatever it was called). I'm excited for this one! I'm seeing it when it hits Chicago. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#140HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:34pm

I'm surprised Shannon Conley is staying on as the standby for the tour. I thought for sure she would've been promoted to lead Yitzhak by now

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

neonlightsxo
#141HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:36pm

It's definitely not "random" he was the lead in Taboo...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euan_Morton

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#142HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:37pm

Ahh, so excited for this! He will be stunning.

BroadwayConcierge
#143HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 12:56pm

Sorry, neon, you're right, I should have had the lead of Taboo on the tip of my tongue this entire time.

smidge
#144HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 1:06pm

Alix said: "Ahh, so excited for this! He will be stunning.

And congrats to Alix for correctly guessing Euan earlier in the thread. I think he'll be absolutely terrific in the role. Just have to wait until May!

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#145HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 1:23pm

Thanks, smidge! I was hoping I was right! :)

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#146HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 2:30pm

Lena merch coming!

https://twitter.com/TodayonBroadway/status/786628710480740353

Updated On: 10/13/16 at 02:30 PM

asmith0307
#147HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 2:33pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Sorry, neon, you're right, I should have had the lead of Taboo on the tip of my tongue this entire time."

Or you should have just had a strange obsession with the documentary "Show Business: The Road to Broadway" like me. Haha. 

Hamilfan2
#148HEDWIG TOUR- lena hall
Posted: 10/13/16 at 2:52pm

If anyone is going to see or has seen the tour with Lena (or Darren) and is able to get me a Playbill I would be really grateful (and will to pay shipping).  I would also love a Hurtlocker the Musical Playbill from the tour if possible!

Videos