pixeltracker

Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule- Page 2

Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule

sparepart973
#25Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 1/27/17 at 12:59pm

scampsweep said: "In London, the alternate schedule varied (or at least the rumours about it did) - so it was difficult to know when Eva was performing most of the time. It was like there was a schedule, but they didn't always stick to it, I don't think.  I saw Eva in London and thought she was good. You should be fine if you go to a Friday or Saturday evening performance, though. Hope you enjoy it. 

"

It was never announced as a schedule per se, and that was the line of the producers that there isn't a set schedule but there was. I was easily able to see whichever Kim I wanted whenever I wanted, and was able to see the second understudy go on if the alternate was on holiday. I believe the alternate in London went on Thursday evenings and Saturday matinees. I don't recall right now, but it remained the same schedule for the entire run. 

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#26Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 1/27/17 at 2:44pm

B-U-M-P.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#27Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 2/6/17 at 12:02am

Any more news? Do you think I'd be safe with a Wednesday matinee to see Eva? Really hoping to see her.

LimelightMike
#28Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 2/7/17 at 11:49pm

How have this not been addressed by the producers yet? So frustrating! LoL

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#29Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 2/14/17 at 10:09pm

Hey sorry for Bumping, but I was going to buy my tickets for a saturday night and I was wondering if there's been an update on the alternate schedule ???

Also, Rachelle Ann Go has been announced for the West End production of Hamilton and I was wondering how long she'll be with Miss Saigon before heading into rehearsals ?

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#30Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 2/14/17 at 10:57pm

I believe I read that will she will leave the show in August to prepare for HAMILTON.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#31Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 2/15/17 at 9:31am

When I saw the London production in 2014, I went on a Tuesday night and Eva was on. I very much enjoyed her performance. She has the requisite youth and sings well.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

LimelightMike
#32Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 2/17/17 at 11:42pm

Bump!

10086sunset
#35Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 2:21pm

Anyone have an update on this?

I've been told she tends to miss Wednesday afternoons but not sure if that's the only performance she takes off.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#36Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 2:27pm

I'm trying to see Miss Saigon/Bandstand in one day and it's frustrating to know where Eva will be in

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#37Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 2:44pm

The playbill as of this past weekend still doesn't specify which performances, but Lianah was on for the matinee on Saturday 3/25

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#38Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 2:51pm

They apparently both don't want you to know which Kim you're seeing, AND want you to know that they brought over the much-lauded London Kim.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

10086sunset
#39Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 2:54pm

The schedule right now is that Eva is only doing the evening performances.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#40Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 3:01pm

Is there a set schedule for the Engineer alternate?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#42Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 3:38pm

bwaylyric said: "Is there a set schedule for the Engineer alternate?

There's an alternate for the Engineer? Why can't Jon Jon Briones do all 8 performances? 

LizzieCurry
#43Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 3:42pm

There's nothing here about an alternate Engineer.

http://www.playbill.com/playbillpagegallery/inside-playbill?asset=00000156-74a9-d184-a37e-ffaf88d80000&type=InsidePlaybill&slide=3

LizzieCurry
#44Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 3:42pm

There's nothing here about an alternate Engineer.

http://www.playbill.com/playbillpagegallery/inside-playbill?asset=00000156-74a9-d184-a37e-ffaf88d80000&type=InsidePlaybill&slide=3

10086sunset
#45Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 3:52pm

PThespian, it comes from someone working on the production.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#46Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 4:06pm

I don't understand why they can't announce a set schedule! Especially with playing up the fact they have a particular actress in the role normally. 

When I saw the original production of Miss Saigon May of 1994 the Kim Alternate had a set schedule - Wed. matinees, Thursday evenings, and Saturday matinees according to the Playbill. However I saw the show on a Monday night and saw the alternate go on (there was an understudy slip to notify, of course).

The next time I saw the show was October of 1996 and the alternate schedule was Wed. evenings and Saturday matinees.

September of 1997 was still Wed. eve. and Sat. mat.

Finally, May 1998, it remained Wed. eve. and Sat. mat.

After that any time I was at the Broadway for Saigon I was ushering and didn't keep Playbills from that. But I don't remember ever looking at a Playbill for the show that just said "at certain performances" like is listed in the current Playbill (at least according to the listing on Playbill.com.)

The Christine Alternate in Phantom also ALWAYS had specific performance days as well (back then). My first time at Phantom (March of 1993) it was listed as Monday and Wednesday evenings. I won't go through that whole list as it would be MUCH longer. LOL! Just strange they wouldn't realize people would want to know, but then again Macintosh has ALWAYS been about the SHOW being the star and not the actors in it!!!

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

LizzieCurry
#48Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 4:23pm

Broadway Bob* said: "Just strange they wouldn't realize people would want to know, but then again Macintosh has ALWAYS been about the SHOW being the star and not the actors in it!!!"

He's not the only one. Look at Wicked and Mormon.

Also, I think you answered your first sentence with your last.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#49Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/27/17 at 4:24pm

Is Eva overrated? I'm surprised she wasn't nominated for an Olivier award while in London. Was her competition that her that much better?

abcdefghijoy
#50Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/28/17 at 2:32pm

bwaylyric said: "Is there a set schedule for the Engineer alternate?"

Jon Jon tweeted that until April/early June, he would be off Mondays. I believe he performs seven a week.

https://twitter.com/JonJonBriones/status/844032682149531648

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#51Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/28/17 at 4:49pm

LizzieCurry said: "They apparently both don't want you to know which Kim you're seeing, AND want you to know that they brought over the much-lauded London Kim.

"

I would prefer to hear "I'm 17 and I'm new here today" from a 17-year-old girl though.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#52Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/28/17 at 5:17pm

Thanks abcd!

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#53Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
Posted: 3/28/17 at 11:34pm

Saw it tonight and everyone was in.....Had to get a photo with Eva. So sweet and kind to everyone. A girl before me asked her performance schedule and she said for right now she does evenings, but then said "Ya never know when I'll be on." So i guess nothing is in stone, but she will be out tomorrow matinee.