pixeltracker

Sunset Boulevard Revival Broadway Thread- Page 4

Sunset Boulevard Revival Broadway Thread

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#75Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/2/17 at 5:03pm

Or you could wait until the Rush/Lottery policies are announced and see all the big shows, and pay 30-50 dollars per show, as opposed to 300. Rush and Lottery is always the best way to see many shows at more than half of what the top ticket prices are. I've sat many times in the front row/orchestra for shows and paid no more than 40.00 for tickets. Just a tidbit of advice/information. Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway As far as Sunset goes, I can't imagine as slow as sales are going, they won't be offering any sort of rush/lottery, as it is quite rare that any Broadway show running currently doesn't offer any sort of rush/lottery. (I think Waitress may be the only exception) 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#76Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/2/17 at 5:28pm

Rush and lotto can definitely be a great option, but for those of us who prefer to buy tickets in advance and get seats that we prefer, discount codes are very helpful. 

10086sunset
#77Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/2/17 at 6:50pm

Glenn will be fine...

No one has ever acted the role better...

To echo chernjam, Close playing Norma Desmond equals an amazing live performance...

perfectliar
#78Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/2/17 at 7:37pm

broadwayboy222 said: "Or you could wait until the Rush/Lottery policies are announced and see all the big shows, and pay 30-50 dollars per show, as opposed to 300. Rush and Lottery is always the best way to see many shows at more than half of what the top ticket prices are. I've sat many times in the front row/orchestra for shows and paid no more than 40.00 for tickets. Just a tidbit of advice/information."

But rush and lottery are increasingly more difficult to obtain since so many are now digital, so it's not that great of an option for many, especially if they're traveling into the city.

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#79Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 1:18pm

Less than a month until previews begin and still no full casting announcement or any word of the marquee being put up?? I know The Illusionists has only just finished their run, but with the Hello Dolly marquee already up at the Shubert just a few days after Matilda closed I can't help but sincerely hope this doesn't end up being canceled due to the low ticket sales. Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway 

Updated On: 1/5/17 at 01:18 PM

Brian07663NJ
#80Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 1:41pm

Ticketmaster just emailed me that my tickets are printed and on the way to me....so as of today it is still "curtain up".

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#81Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 1:43pm

The actor cast as Joe Gillis had been performing in the D.C. production of The Secret Garden this winter, but seems to now be in New York ostensibly for Sunset rehearsals, per his Instagram. I'd be devastated if this doesn't run its course.

ChrisTyler12882 Profile Photo
ChrisTyler12882
#82Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 2:00pm

A lot of offers for the cast have already gone out. I know the young man understudying Michael Xavier. 

neonlightsxo
#83Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 2:17pm

Just because one person mentioned "I can't help but sincerely hope this doesn't end up being canceled due to the low ticket sales" doesn't mean that's actually a possibility...

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#84Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 2:37pm

Also, The Illusionists JUST closed. I don't think it's crazy that the Sunset marquee isn't up yet.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Willie4316
#85Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 2:40pm

Direct Mail Offer with Discount Code 

Code : mail 

Orchestra seats - $109, Mezzanine seats - $69 

Good 2/07 - 3/09

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#86Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 2:50pm

Willie4316 said: "Direct Mail Offer with Discount Code 

Code : mail 

Orchestra seats - $109, Mezzanine seats - $69 

Good 2/07 - 3/09

"

Darn, need it for the 24th. 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#87Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 3:37pm

Yeah some of the hyper ventilating over ticket sales is probably the figment of chat board imagination.   I have to imagine now post-Christmas there's going to be little new going on that Glenn Close returning to this iconic role will start to have a massive campaign.  The more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense to wait on any significant advertising till now.  Pre-Christmas with all the shows that were opening and closing - there wasn't going to be enough attention

little_sally
#88Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 3:44pm

chernjam said: "Yeah some of the hyper ventilating over ticket sales is probably the figment of chat board imagination.   I have to imagine now post-Christmas there's going to be little new going on that Glenn Close returning to this iconic role will start to have a massive campaign.  The more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense to wait on any significant advertising till now.  Pre-Christmas with all the shows that were opening and closing - there wasn't going to be enough attention

I'm not so sure Close is much of a draw herself these days. I mean, she didn't bring the audience in for A Delicate Balance, and that also had John Lithgow in the cast.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#89Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 3:53pm

This may just be a problem on my end, although I've tried on several computers and multiple different browsers, but when I go to the home page for the show

http://sunsetboulevardthemusical.com 

up at the top right is a little silver box that says "buy tickets." But when I click on it, nothing happens. It works on my phone, but not computer. That's trying in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Waterfox on a Mac, and IE, Chrome, and Firefox on a PC.

Now, I know enough from years of purchasing Broadway tickets that when I bought my tickets a while back, I just went directly to the Ticketmaster site to purchase.

And I'm not saying this is the sole reason why ticket sales are low. But, if others are going to the official show site and unable to click that silver button to buy tickets, that's a problem.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Updated On: 1/5/17 at 03:53 PM

little_sally
#90Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 3:58pm

Eliza2 said: "This may just be a problem on my end, although I've tried on several computers and multiple different browsers, but when I go to the home page for the show

http://sunsetboulevardthemusical.com 

up at the top right is a little silver box that says "buy tickets." But when I click on it, nothing happens. It works on my phone, but not computer. That's trying in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Waterfox on a Mac, and IE, Chrome, and Firefox on a PC.

Now, I know enough from years of purchasing Broadway tickets that when I bought my tickets a while back, I just went directly to the Ticketmaster site to purchase.

And I'm not saying this is the sole reason why ticket sales are low. But, if others are going to the official show site and unable to click that silver button to buy tickets, that's a problem.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Works for me.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#91Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/5/17 at 4:00pm

Eliza2, the button works for me now, but I distinctly remember it not working for me when the website was more sepia than black-and-white a couple months ago. Definitely a big problem, and I hope it's been fixed.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#92Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/6/17 at 11:13pm

So I've never seen or heard this show. I know next to nothing about it. I'm interested, of course, but on the fence about seeing this production. Can someone tell me more about the show/this reimagined production? A PM would suffice, or just a little something on here. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#93Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/6/17 at 11:38pm

Boy y'all weren't kidding about those slow ticket sales. 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#94Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/7/17 at 10:23am

GreasedLightning:  The wikipedia article gives a pretty thorough explanation:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunset_Boulevard_(musical) 

You'll have violent disagreements from people over which Norma sang ALW's score the best.  But if you're unfamiliar with the entire show, start with Streisand's recordings of With One Look and As If We Never Said Goodbye just as an introduction.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#95Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/7/17 at 10:32am

I find the decades-long furor over the casting drama sort of hilarious when the role, as Patti has come to (at least publicly) feel in later years, is just not very good. It's one of the greatest roles in all of film. But with those incessantly cringe-worthy Don Black lyrics,...with the comically repetitive score and the complete lack of imagination in composing the final mad scene...

Updated On: 1/7/17 at 10:32 AM

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#96Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/7/17 at 11:25am

doesnt Patti end up hating every role that she was in AFTER she's moved on?  

Jarethan
#97Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/7/17 at 1:50pm

little_sally said: "chernjam said: "Yeah some of the hyper ventilating over ticket sales is probably the figment of chat board imagination.   I have to imagine now post-Christmas there's going to be little new going on that Glenn Close returning to this iconic role will start to have a massive campaign.  The more I've thought about it, the more it makes sense to wait on any significant advertising till now.  Pre-Christmas with all the shows that were opening and closing - there wasn't going to be enough attention

I'm not so sure Close is much of a draw herself these days. I mean, she didn't bring the audience in for A Delicate Balance, and that also had John Lithgow in the cast.

No, she is probably not the same attraction she was 20 years ago; but A Delicate Balance was very heavily attended for the first half of its engagement, due to her presence.  Bad word of mouth seriously impacted the second half of the run, just like it did for China Doll last season.

10086sunset
#98Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/7/17 at 2:24pm

A limited number of tickets have been made available for Feb 9, opening night...

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#99Sunset Boulevard officially coming back to Broadway
Posted: 1/7/17 at 8:21pm

http://www.out.com/theater-dance/2017/1/06/glenn-close-back-sunset-blvd-and-ready-her-close

Glenn talks about her return as Norma Desmond...

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-