pixeltracker

2017 Grammy Awards Thread- Page 2

2017 Grammy Awards Thread

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#252017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 7:32am

Grease: Live is only eligible for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media.

Jeffrey Karasarides
#262017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 8:50am

http://www.grammy.com/nominees?genre=86

The nominees are...

Bright Star
The Color Purple
Fiddler on the Roof
Kinky Boots (West End)
Waitress

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#272017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 8:55am

GreasedLightning said: "Valentina3 said: "She Loves Me was a superior album to Waitress and Bright Star, at the very least."

I disagree. Wholeheartedly. But okay. 
"

I guess you showed me.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#282017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 8:57am

Oh cool, they screwred the rest of the casts out of principal soloist nominations again. Gusss last year was just for "Hamilton," how unfair.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#292017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:01am

How bizarre that the West End Kinky Boots album is on there. I haven't listened to it, but perhaps that spot could have gone to She Loves Me?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#302017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:06am

The only reason West End Kinky is nominated is because of the team behind it. 

She Loves Me was not a good record. I'm not surprised to see it not on the nominee list. 

Updated On: 12/6/16 at 09:06 AM

neonlightsxo
#312017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:19am

Did I make this up or is the West End Kinky Boots a live album or something? Re: the team, they also won the Grammy for the Broadway album.

Waitress should win. I feel like they have a good shot. None of those other shows will be running soon (despite Kinky Boots).

"Oh cool, they screwred the rest of the casts out of principal soloist nominations again."

Yeah, what's up with that? Make up your mind, Grammys.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#322017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:25am

Thank you, BWW, for updating the title of your article. I was gonna say... how obnoxious to only include TCP in your title. 

I'd love to see Waitress win, especially for Sara Bareilles' sake. Kinky is an odd nomination, especially because they already won for Broadway. 

I could honestly see Bright Star taking it. With Martin and Brickell's name attached, plus the celebrated cast recording despite the shows premature closure. The concert next week is being billed as a "celebration of the success of the Bright Star Original Cast Album." It has done really well. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#332017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:32am

CindersGolightly said: "Oh cool, they screwred the rest of the casts out of principal soloist nominations again. Gusss last year was just for "Hamilton," how unfair.

"

Why is this the case? Who decides who the "principal soloists" are? This year there's only one or two, which seems like even less than usual. 

trpguyy
#342017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:34am

Keep in mind that there is often heavy campaigning even for a nomination. Kinky Boots has money with which to campaign, She Loves Me... not so much. 

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#352017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:43am

Such a shame.  She Loves Me was the best album this year.

CindersGolightly
#362017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:53am

Can we petition them to update the nominations to include every cast member that got a solo in the nomination? I'm too salty about Annaleigh being left out in 2013, but now they've backtracked and nominated even less people and I'm even more upset. It just doesn't seem fair that they included EVERYONE last year and didn't even try this year.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#372017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:57am

The principal soloist listing is absurd - but we do know if this is a recording academy decision? Or do the producers petition soloists and the academy approves/denies?

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#382017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 9:58am

Grammy nomination this morning, Broadway debut tonight. Killian Donnelly is having a great day!

rjm516
#392017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 10:33am

I really cannot believe how many people were nominated as 'soloists' last year and now it's back to being 1-2 people. It does not look fair at all, it really looks like it was done just to laud Hamilton more.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#402017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 10:40am

Kinky Boots again? I had to do a double take. And I'm surprised Fiddler on the Roof was nominated. But, nevertheless, congrats to everyone!

Jeffrey Karasarides
#412017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 10:50am

I actually predicted Fiddler on the Roof would get nominated, so I was thrilled that it was.

CindersGolightly
#422017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 10:52am

I had the album to "Bright Star" open on Apple Music anyway, so I compiled a list of who should have been nominated. It took me literally less than two minutes. Very upset about this.

"Bright Star" - Carmen Cusack, Emily Padgett, A.J. Shively, Paul Alexander Nolan, Stephen Bogardus, Stephen Lee Anderson, Dee Hoty, Hannah Elless, Michael Mulheren & Jeff Blumenkrantz

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#432017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:03am

After Eight said: "What about the scores of Allegiance, Tuck Everlasting, and Paramour?"

probably because those scores aren't...good. though i agree that the Waitress album wasn't mixed very well.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

MinnieFay
#442017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:30am

CindersGolightly said: "Oh cool, they screwred the rest of the casts out of principal soloist nominations again. Gusss last year was just for "Hamilton," how unfair."

I'm guessing you don't understand the meaning of the words "principal" or "soloist"?

sgreen3 Profile Photo
sgreen3
#452017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:37am

MinnieFay said: "CindersGolightly said: "Oh cool, they screwred the rest of the casts out of principal soloist nominations again. Gusss last year was just for "Hamilton," how unfair."

I'm guessing you don't understand the meaning of the words "principal" or "soloist"?
"

All due respect, the daughters in Fiddler did as much if not more on their cast album than Oak did on Hamilton's. (I love Oak a lot but he's the best example.)

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#462017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:41am

eh Okieriete did much more than, say, Jasmine Cephas Jones who has a Grammy now.

i actually agree that more than Carmen Cusack should have been nominated. Paul Nolan did about the same amount of work and that girl that sang Ashville was very good (it's one of the best songs on the album)

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#472017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:43am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "I actually predicted Fiddler on the Roof would get nominated, so I was thrilled that it was."

Before you start bragging too much, let's not forget you staunchly insisted that Leslie Odom Jr. wouldn't even get a Tony nomination for lead actor and then petulantly insisted he had no chance of winning over Danny Burstein.

SHE LOVES ME was hands down the best album of the year so this list is a bit of a joke. I imagine BRIGHT STAR will win but how I'd love to see Jessie Mueller win another Grammy.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#482017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:44am

i also predicted Fiddler before Jeffrey so that makes me even cooler 

neonlightsxo
#492017 Grammy Awards Thread
Posted: 12/6/16 at 11:47am

ray-andallthatjazz86 said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "I actually predicted Fiddler on the Roof would get nominated, so I was thrilled that it was."

Before you start bragging too much, let's not forget you staunchly insisted that Leslie Odom Jr. wouldn't even get a Tony nomination for lead actor and then petulantly insisted he had no chance of winning over Danny Burstein.
"

Slow clap.

Videos