pixeltracker

Gyllenhaal and Ashford to headline SUNDAY at The Hudson- Page 3

Gyllenhaal and Ashford to headline SUNDAY at The Hudson

Andy51 Profile Photo
Andy51
#50Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:21pm

LesWickedly said: "I'm guessing Row C isn't that bad, when right behind it, it's premium. Should I go for row c and be super close, which is great if the stage isn't too high, or go further back in the theater?

I just bought row C with that reasoning.  Hope it proves correct.

In terms of Sarna Lapine directing, excuse my ignorance, but what is the basis for the disappointment expressed here?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#51Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:23pm

All of my dreams are come true. Please oh please let there be a cast recording. Jake and Annaleigh are coming for their well deserved Tony nominations for these roles. Ugh, I'm so happy.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

neonlightsxo
#52Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:25pm

"In terms of Sarna Lapine directing, excuse my ignorance, but what is the basis for the disappointment expressed here?"

There was little to no direction or innovation in the concert production.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#53Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:26pm

RE: Row C of the Orchestra - I do wonder why Seats 107 - 110 aren't for sale, though, for ANY performances? Could it be for the conductor? I would hope that the orchestra is built gloriously for this score!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#54Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:26pm

I agree with LJay that SUNDAY doesn't need a huge production. In fact the last revival was quite small - it just used projection design brilliantly.  But it was lacking in the orchestra departments. I think the show just needs a great 'vision' to work. I wasn't impressed by Sarna Lapine's vision for the concert but maybe she will surprise with a proper rehearsal and a budget to do something The fully staged production she designed regionally looks interesting at least.  

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#55Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:28pm

This is insane! Merry Christmas indeed!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Andy51 Profile Photo
Andy51
#56Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:33pm

neonlightsxo said: ""In terms of Sarna Lapine directing, excuse my ignorance, but what is the basis for the disappointment expressed here?"

There was little to no direction or innovation in the concert production.

Thanks.  It doesn't seem to me one can extrapolate much from that, given the nature of the event (i.e., a concert initially slated for a one night run).  

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#57Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:40pm

I bought orch C 101, received an order confirmation but not a confirmation email. Now I'm nervous? Anyone else experiencing this?

Andy51 Profile Photo
Andy51
#58Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:41pm

ljay889 said: "I bought orch C 101, received an order confirmation but not a confirmation email. Now I'm nervous? Anyone else experiencing this?

I received an e-mail confirmation immediately after placing the order.

Updated On: 12/13/16 at 01:41 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#59Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:47pm

I called them and they answered immediately. My ticket is confirmed, even though I didn't receive an email yet.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#60Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:47pm

For me, there was a little lag between the confirmation and the email.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

mamaleh
#61Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:53pm

Ben Platt probably just threw a vase at a wall. :)

Wondering, though---Jake G. has never done 8 performances a week in a musical.  I wonder if he'll be up for it.  That's a lot different than a handful of performances. 

Saw this at City Center, so I don't need to see it again, good though it was.  For those who want another looksee, the idea of equally (or more) expensive balcony tickets does not entice.

Updated On: 12/13/16 at 01:53 PM

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#62Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 1:58pm

mamaleh said: "
Wondering, though---Jake G. has never done 8 performances a week in a musical.  I wonder if he'll be up for it.  That's a lot different than a handful of performances. 
"

Maybe Mandy Patinkin will do the matinees? Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson 

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#63Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:02pm

ljay889 said: "I bought orch C 101, received an order confirmation but not a confirmation email. Now I'm nervous? Anyone else experiencing this?

I bought the same seat. I got a confirmation email with the ticket attached.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#64Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:04pm

P.S. That is a nice website--fast and easy.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

rjm516
#65Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:09pm

Such incredible news! I am so excited. I too am curious about that week in March (the one that would be best for me!). The Oscars are in Feb, p.s.

LimelightMike
#66Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:19pm

Don't have the dough for a premium seat, so, I'm going for a seat in Row C. Which, I'm going to presume is front row. 

No better way to observe Sondheim's birthday.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#67Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:23pm

I attended the sneak peek of "On The Town" at the Hudson. A pretty intimate theater. From what I remember the stage wasn't really high up. I sat a few rows back from it on the side. Also, from what I remember, balcony seats should have a fine view.

Just give the world Love.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#68Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:27pm

What a great website! Well designed and super easy to use.

Just got two tickets for March 7th! So excited.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#69Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:28pm

Just bought Seats 101 and 102 in Row C after and hour of freaking out because my credit card was declined at first. Other than that, the website was very smooth and I'm very excited. This will be a performance to remember.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#70Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:34pm

I bought front row balcony on the side aisle. I'm wondering why those were $79 for a Saturday,  but  the center was like $109. I wouldn't think it would be that much of a difference in view. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Esther Blodgett
#71Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 2:39pm

Okay, with a total renovation this question will be tough to answer until we actually see the theatre.

But I do have a (very) old copy of Stubs which had seating charts of the Broadway theatres. 

The chart for the Hudson is Orchestra AA and then A-T.

Mezz overhangs orch row L. There are 8 rows in the mezz, A-H

Balcony overhangs mezz row B and also has 8 rows, A-H.

There is no total capacity given nor are there any boxes on the chart.

The chart seems comparable to that of the Cort.

I was in there when this was a big night club. It did not seem large by any Broadway standard.

LimelightMike
#72Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 3:03pm

FUUUUUUUUDGE!

JUST LOST THE SEAT I'D BEEN EYEING! 

Damn.

Updated On: 12/13/16 at 03:03 PM

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#73Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 3:05pm

I wasn't even planning another NYC trip for the spring, but then this was announced and I bought tickets without thinking twice. Looks like I'll be back at the end of March. SO excited for this!

neonlightsxo
#74Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 3:12pm

Mike, The Hudson ATG website and Telecharge have different inventories if that makes a difference.

Updated On: 12/13/16 at 03:12 PM