pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room- Page 3

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#50Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/6/17 at 1:06pm

Thanks, Skimbleshanks2!  Like boonanas, I'm curious if you went on a Sunday (I assume yes).

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#51Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/11/17 at 5:14pm

curious about trying SRO for this show. I believe the show has been sold-out since it's opened, so I wouldn't worry about SRO not being available. For Sundays, does the box office open at 12pm or 10am? makes a difference to stand in the cold for two more hours.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#52Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/12/17 at 8:41am

I got to the box office today at 820am (Sunday) and was already 11th-14th in line (it wasn't super clear since people kept coming and going). The first person arrived at 5am.  The person in front of me arrived at 8am and the three people before him arrived at 730am. The next person arrived at 835am, and by 9am there were 5 people behind me. When the box office opened, there must have been 40 or more people on line. Clearly, people love this show. 

Side note: The Great Comet line was only 5 people deep when I arrived. 

UPDATE:  I got a ticket!

Updated On: 2/12/17 at 08:41 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#53Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/12/17 at 10:51am

^does the box office open at 12pm on Sundays?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

brdwybuff
#54Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/12/17 at 11:00am

All box offices usually open at 12 on Sundays. Unless this one is different.

C012493
#55Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/13/17 at 10:09pm

Hi all- I was wondering if you could give a Philly native some advice. I am taking my girlfriend to NYC this upcoming weekend. We are getting in late Friday night, and plan on getting up early to go wait at the Music Box theater for STO tickets for the evening performance. I know the show is sold out for months, so STO tickets are my only chance of (affordably) seeing this show. Some questions I have (if anyone could answer) are:

-How early should we be in line? Our plan is to bring a book and just switch off getting coffee until the box office opens at 10am. 
-Can I buy STO tickets for the evening performance at the 10am opening?
-How much are STO tickets? 
-Can I pay with a card, or cash only? 

If anyone could help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

"

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#56Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/13/17 at 10:40pm

SRO tickets are $42 each, payable by cash, debit, or credit.  You can buy SRO tickets when the box office opens if the show you want to buy tickets for is sold out at that time (which it oftentimes is).  It's very difficult to gauge when to get in line, as the situation is different every day, but based on what I've read (and experienced), being in line 3 hours before the box office opens on cold, two-show weekend days (which, in your case, is 7am) will probably be safe.  Though, there are never any guarantees (which is why you often see people lining up 5+ hours beforehand).  People tend to arrive at 15 minute intervals, so if you get there at an "in-between time" (e.g., 650am instead of 7am) you may beat out groups of people; but this is more of a guideline rather than a rule.

I would encourage you to read through this and other threads on Dear Evan Hansen to make your best judgment.  Just remember that every day is different.  Some days you can get to the box office at 630am and not get a SRO ticket; other days you can walk up to the box office 5 minutes before showtime and snag a SRO ticket (this happened to the person standing next to me at this past Sunday's matinee).

Updated On: 2/21/17 at 10:40 PM

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#57Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/13/17 at 11:27pm

Anybody purchase those box seats at the box office lately? Wondering if I can grab a couple when I'm in the area on Saturday. 

lm121362
#58Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/18/17 at 6:24am

It is 6:15a on Saturday (President's day weekend) and there are currently 21 people in line!

Update: 8 for matinee and 4 for evening were given. Cancellation tickets are sold at full price. The house manager said to come back an hour before the show for those.

Updated On: 2/18/17 at 06:24 AM

dbaud
#59Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/19/17 at 12:07am

Hey... It appears that DEH will be dark November 3rd-12th according to Telecharge. Is there something that week that I am not aware of?

philicheesteak
#60Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/20/17 at 10:29am

Hello, just want to share our experience with DEH standing room! Me and my partner did standing room tickets for DEH yesterday, Sunday, 02/19/2017! We got there at 4:00AM and we were first in line, number 2 got there at 5PM, and 3-5 got there at 5:45AM. By around 7-8 the line was closer to 12-15 people. At about 11:30AM (the box office doesn't open until 12 noon on Sundays), one of the workers came out and told us that they would be handing out 7 standing room tickets. Needless to say, the first 7 of us were able to get tickets for $42 each. We asked the box office if there were any other types of tickets available for people in the line, and they said there was a good chance for cancellation line tickets. When we entered for the show, we saw one of our line friends and unfortunately she was not able to get in, and she was first in line- she ended up purchasing her daughter a partial view ticket for $300. 

The view from the standing room is on point- right at eye level for us and there was a deck surface to lean on. It was a great standing room as all of the spots were numbered and followed the tickets, so there is no need to rush as it is not first come first serve. 

PS- we had tried to get tickets Saturday, 02/18/2017, and we got there are 7:30AM and we were number 36 in line. We had asked the first person what time they got in line and they said 2:30AM. 

DebraR
#61Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 10:08am

I wonder if there are any reports (time to arrive) for sro during the week.  My daughter and I are arriving next Monday for the week and this is really the only show she says she *must* see.  I dont mind waiting, but dont want to be there at a ridiculous hour if it seems its not necessary.  Have a feeling I will be doing this a couple times during our week.

Thanks!

sciencegirl
#62Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 11:44am

GreasedLightning said: "Anybody purchase those box seats at the box office lately? Wondering if I can grab a couple when I'm in the area on Saturday. 

Did you get those tickets on Saturday? Are the boxes only released day of? I thought you can buy them in advance, just not online.  Right?  

simp1ysimon
#63Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 11:52am

So I was in line for the SRO today (Feb. 21st) and got royally screwed. The weather was around the mid-30s, I arrived around 6:40 AM and was 6th in line. It seems like a pretty safe bet for me to get a ticket at that point. Around 8 AM it turns out the first person in line was a hired line holder and two women paid him and took his spot. They said that they were only going to get one each. One person in front of me had a friend arrive and she ended up getting 2 tickets instead of 1.

At this point, I went from the 6th to 8th position in line. When the doors opened, they announced that only 7 tickets were available. The two conniving bitches in the front bought 2 tickets each. Leaving only the next 3 people able to buy tickets. I'm not really upset about the shortage of tickets on a weekday, but I am really pissed about the two women using the line holder. There is definitely a place in hell for people like that. I hope they get hit by a tour bus while crossing the street next time they try to screw over another SRO line. Hiring one line holder shouldn't be able to net you 4 tickets. The lady at the box office just shrugged when we told her what happen. 

So my lessons from this experience: arrive really early for this show (6:30 AM is not early enough) and keep an eye out for the people that hire a line holder, they can be shady since hiring a line holder and paying for the SRO tickets is nearly face value of the show. 

MinnieFay
#64Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 12:01pm

Simp1ysimon said:

The two conniving bitches in the front bought 2 tickets each."

I'm not really upset about the shortage of tickets on a weekday, but I am really pissed about the two women using the line holder. There is definitely a place in hell for people like that. I hope they get hit by a tour bus while crossing the street next time they try to screw over another SRO line. Hiring one line holder shouldn't be able to net you 4 tickets. The lady at the box office just shrugged when we told her what happen. 

So my lessons from this experience: arrive really early for this show (6:30 AM is not early enough) and keep an eye out for the people that hire a line holder, they can be shady since hiring a line holder and paying for the SRO tickets is nearly face value of the show. "

Uhh --- sounds like someone needs to up the dosage on their meds!!  Relax, pal --- it's ONLY a Broadway show!! 

simp1ysimon
#65Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 12:23pm

MinnieFay said: "
Uhh --- sounds like someone needs to up the dosage on their meds!!  Relax, pal --- it's ONLY a Broadway show!! 

"

Would you be so relaxed if this happened to you? Those two women blatantly lied to everyone in the SRO line to their face and swooped in the last hour and bought more than half the tickets. It is not fun to wake up at 4 AM and freeze in the cold for 3 hours for nothing. I guess you're fine with people cheating the system. Most importantly, I have informed others about the number of tickets available and what is a good time to arrive on the day I went. What exactly have you contributed to this thread? 

boonanas
#66Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 12:32pm

simp1ysimon said: "MinnieFay said: "

"

Would you be so relaxed if this happened to you? Those two women blatantly lied to everyone in the SRO line to their face and swooped in the last hour and bought more than half the tickets. It is not fun to wake up at 4 AM and freeze in the cold for 3 hours for nothing. I guess you're fine with people cheating the system. Most importantly, I have informed others about the number of tickets available and what is a good time to arrive on the day I went. What exactly have you contributed to this thread? 

"

I'm very sorry this happened to you, definitely a messed up thing to happen!

musicismylifeee
#67Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 2:34pm

It seems like kind of a crapshoot but any thoughts about what time seems safe for Friday? I was thinking 5am but would love if I could be safe with 6. 

Notreallysilent 2
#68Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 2:48pm

GreasedLightning said: "Anybody purchase those box seats at the box office lately? Wondering if I can grab a couple when I'm in the area on Saturday. 

" this past week I went in and asked about box seats and partial view. They told me they don't sell it anymore since now those seats are for lottery. Idk if that's exactly true cuz there are a ton of partial view seats on stubhub, but that is what the box office told me

JeffDaEgg2
#69Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 3:20pm

I'm pretty sure they were selling those exclusively at the box office before, but now (or, most likely, from a certain point onward) are reserving them for lotto so that they have anything at all to offer for lotto seats.

pac2015
#70Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:21pm

I think I'm going to try for this sometime in the new few weeks.  Debating just buying a ticket for a future performance, but I kinda want to see it soon.  Living in Manhattan, I should be able to do it, but we'll see.  Will report back next week on my experience.

pac2015
#71Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:26pm

To anyone who got standing room, how is the view?  Should i just pony up for an orchestra seat for a future date instead?

Notreallysilent 2
#72Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:29pm

The view is great it's really close since the theater is pretty small compared to others. I wouldn't buy an orchestra seat cuz your concerned about the view, though. If anything I'd buy it so you don't have to wake up at 4 am to get in line for SRO.

josegllnts
#73Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:29pm

Hello everyone! I'm from San Francisco and it's my first time here in Nyc! I'm planning on lining up super early tomorrow (5:30 maybe) but there are 2 shows for tomorrow. One matinee and one evening. How would standing room work for that? Is it still the same as a one day show or...??? Help please! 

simp1ysimon
#74Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 2/21/17 at 4:44pm

josegllnts said: "Hello everyone! I'm from San Francisco and it's my first time here in Nyc! I'm planning on lining up super early tomorrow (5:30 maybe) but there are 2 shows for tomorrow. One matinee and one evening. How would standing room work for that? Is it still the same as a one day show or...??? Help please! 

"

I asked the lady at the box office about that and she said they sell both shows at 10 AM. I might try to get the tickets again tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you there.