pixeltracker

The HAMILTON Tour Thread- Page 5

The HAMILTON Tour Thread

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#101The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/23/17 at 5:01pm

I have my tickets for July 2018 at the Kennedy Center, was wondering if it would feature the same cast as SF (i.e Rory O'Malley)?

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#102The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/23/17 at 5:09pm

There's no way to guarantee who will leave and who will stay when it's a year and a half away. Rhyme unintended.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#103The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/23/17 at 10:08pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Their-Shot-First-Look-at-the-National-Tour-of-HAMILTON-20170323

I don't know why (because it's so inconsequential), but Emmy's hair is totally distracting me in these photos. I get some of the complaints about her not being wigged now.

conealpetterson
#104The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/23/17 at 10:20pm

It was a little distracting in person too.  Emmy gives an amazing performance, but it made it a little harder to take her seriously, especially in "It's Quiet Uptown."

MyLife
#105The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/24/17 at 9:29am

It doesn't bother me. And I struggle to understand how it's a distraction from her acting.

I like it actually. It's modern. It's unique.

So you can't take someone seriously because they have a different hairstyle?

conealpetterson
#106The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/24/17 at 11:52am

I loved Emmy.  Her "Satisfied" gave me chills.  She is amazing.  And it didn't distract enough to ruin anything.  It was just a little distracting to see such a punk rock/modern hairstyle in a sad mourning song.  It distracted from the overall aesthetic on stage, not from her acting.  Someone else brought it up and that is just my personal opinion.   FWIW - my daughter said it didn't distract her at all, so she is much cooler than I.  I never doubted that.

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#107The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/24/17 at 12:02pm

Who is in the Bullet track in this production? 

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#108The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/24/17 at 1:32pm

I wonder why she isn't wigged for the tour, she was wigged when she went on from Angelica on Broadway and in Chicago....

LizzieCurry
#109The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/24/17 at 1:36pm

Look, if the founding fathers can be portrayed as singing and rapping and dancing rather often and being a completely different ethnicity than they were in real life, you can deal with a different hairstyle.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#110The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/24/17 at 1:54pm

Daveed was reportedly (via Facebook post) attending the Opening Night in SF. I thought he had a rap gig somewhere yesterday. The bullet is Jennifer Geller (https://twitter.com/_JenniferGeller/status/825519820242313216)

I don't mind about Emmy's hair style, I only was annoyed that her hair style doesn't change to show that she has aged over time. She wore a wig on Broadway when she went on as Angelica. Also there are two (maybe three) ensemble actors whose hair style is very similar to the OBC ensemble (Carleigh Bettiol, Jon Rua, and Betsy Struxness) and I don't think it's a coincidence, and if that was intentionally done, then why not having an actress who plays Angelica to wear a similar wig as OBC? 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#111The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/24/17 at 2:05pm

LizzieCurry said: "Look, if the founding fathers can be portrayed as singing and rapping and dancing rather often and being a completely different ethnicity than they were in real life, you can deal with a different hairstyle."

^ this. If an African-American George Washington didn't distract you, a hairstyle should definitely not be a concern. The creative team has repeatedly said that “This is a story about America then, told by America now”. My friend who's a hygienist had a similar hairstyle with blue streaks. She had to die it blonde and do a comb-over because no one would hire her. As if her hair will make the patients trust her less. Incredible double-standards.

As for - "I wonder why she isn't wigged for the tour, she was wigged when she went on from Angelica on Broadway and in Chicago...."

I think that can be explained by stating that she's originating the role on the tour. Established productions don't easily let you mess around that much with the aesthetic of a character, especially if you're an understudy/temp and not a replacement.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

broadwaysfguy
#112The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/25/17 at 1:09am

daveed was at opening night and at the cast party held at the old mint afterward

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#113The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/25/17 at 2:53am

broadwaysfguy said: "daveed was at opening night and at the cast party held at the old mint afterward"

Very cool. Saw the minibusses and SUVs lined up outside the Orpheum as we were returning from Into the Woods at the Golden Gate. I figured that they were for transportation to the cast party and wondered where it was. The old mint is a great space and right nearby.

Updated On: 3/25/17 at 02:53 AM

BroadwayConcierge
#114The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 5:02pm

Bumping this just because I'm curious about reports of the show lately!

MtTemple4 Profile Photo
MtTemple4
#115The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 4/14/17 at 5:25pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Bumping this just because I'm curious about reports of the show lately!

"

Check out the Hamilton in SF thread (I just bumped it with another question). There's a great, very recent review from MarkBear among others!

BroadwayConcierge
n.holden
#117The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 8/1/17 at 2:24pm

I'm so excited! We're all sad to see the cast leaving SF this week so I'm excited to relive the experience soon. What cast do people think it will be? Second national tour cast maybe?

BroadwayConcierge
#118The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 4:53pm

It dawned on me today that the second national tour of Hamilton starts five months from tomorrow in Seattle. I can't believe I'm even asking this given how sporadic this show has been with cast announcements, but does anybody know approximately when we'll find out that tour's cast?

(For what it's worth, Chicago announced its cast 3 months before previews, the first national tour 2 months, and London 10 months.)

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#119The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 6:41pm

I don't think they've even announced the London cast yet.

BroadwayConcierge
#120The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 6:43pm

MarkBearSF said: "I don't think they've even announced the London cast yet."

That cast has been announced since like January. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#121The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 6:44pm

It's on the Hamilton London Instagram...

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LizzieCurry
#122The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 9/5/17 at 6:56pm

Stop living in the past!

This is from June: 

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/full-cast-hamilton-meet-actors-jamael-westman_43885.html

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#123The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 9/6/17 at 7:48am

OK. I get it. I missed (or more likely forgot) 
Before posting, I checked the official website and saw no cast info.

ShannaBanana
#124The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 9/11/17 at 7:27pm

So it looks like Joshua Henry is going to Carousel. So heartbroken. Was really looking forward to seeing him as Burr in Houston.